• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rugby World Cup

Finn Russell didn't really turn up - so it was indeed easy for the Saffers. Scotland played South Africa's game instead of playing to their own strengths - and in that kind of game they're indeed World Champions.

We got very lucky! I actually felt a little sorry for the Fijian lad who dropped that pass in the dying seconds of the match!

We all complain about the ref's in football, but the inconsistencies in this WC so far, need sorting out quickly. Curry got a red, then a very similar incident in the SA v Scotland game and it was barely looked at. Yesterday we conceded about 3-4 pens on our try line with no yellows, then go up the other end and after 1 infringement by the the Fijians and a yellow straight away.

We got very lucky! I actually felt a little sorry for the Fijian lad who dropped that pass in the dying seconds of the match!

We all complain about the ref's in football, but the inconsistencies in this WC so far, need sorting out quickly. Curry got a red, then a very similar incident in the SA v Scotland game and it was barely looked at. Yesterday we conceded about 3-4 pens on our try line with no yellows, then go up the other end and after 1 infringement by the the Fijians and a yellow straight away.

This was by far the best match so far.

To be fair, that pass in the dyings seconds should have never ever been played. There were at least two other Fijians available and had they kept their calm it might as well have been a try.

That it was. Curry's red (a travesty BTW - yellow, yes, but no way worse than the Argie aerial assault that led to their yellow but stopped there) made them angry and that's a mistake at top international level. Argentina contributed to their own downfall by losing their heads, but it was still a magnificent showing.

You lot won't win it either BTW.
Argentina were really terrible. Wasteful, undisciplined, an absolute mess. Of course, England get credit for that too as they made it very difficult for the Pumas. In fairness, England are pretty experienced at playing with 14 men these days. As for the sending off, I find it hard to see the difference between Curry's tackle and the one by the Saffer against Scotland yesterday, perhaps only in respect of the force of the contact. If Curry's was a sending off then that was too. I think the rules are terribly difficult to understand.

I thought the ref was awful in this respect. The Wales attempt to slow the restarts as well should also have resulted in a card for the captain in my opinion. Rugby needs to nip that shit in the bud straight away. As well as the persistent infringements from Wales, Williams also infringed when their line was under siege in a manner that was cynical and should have just been a straight up yellow on its own. The ref needs a serious upbraiding, because that performance was just not good enough.

The ref definitely favoured us (which is even more surprising as he was English).

I didn't like our go slow antics either, but there are other horrible things creeping in to the game at the moment. We're seeing players play acting when they think they might have been caught illegally and the signalling to the ref to check the TMO.

I fully understand the new player safety laws, but they neglect the fact that this is a contact sport, played at high speed, with players of all shapes and sizes.

We're going to see soooo many games decided by who can keep 15 men on the pitch

Please can someone explain to me why Wayne Barnes was standing on the sideline instead of officiating this match?

378171800_858467828975249_452672974654256608_n.jpg

The ref definitely favoured us (which is even more surprising as he was English).

I didn't like our go slow antics either, but there are other horrible things creeping in to the game at the moment. We're seeing players play acting when they think they might have been caught illegally and the signalling to the ref to check the TMO.

I fully understand the new player safety laws, but they neglect the fact that this is a contact sport, played at high speed, with players of all shapes and sizes.

We're going to see soooo many games decided by who can keep 15 men on the pitch

Sexton has just become Ireland's record breaking points scorer. I remember when he was shite.

Speaking of shite, I thought Tonga would put up more of a fight.

You've been closer to it than I have, but when was Sexton sh!te? More or less from the time he first appeared on the scene I thought Ireland looked better for him being selected instead of O'Gara.

You've been closer to it than I have, but when was Sexton sh!te? More or less from the time he first appeared on the scene I thought Ireland looked better for him being selected instead of O'Gara.
At the very start of his international career he missed a few sitters. I haven't forgotten.

At the very start of his international career he missed a few sitters. I haven't forgotten.
He was never shite, but I didn't like him. I thought at times he went for the Hollywood option rather than the good of the team. I still think he has that in him, but I've made my peace.

BTW, that try by Hansen yesterday was a thing out of the history books. Most players are so bulky now they just can't complete a jinking run, it's maybe one change of direction and power. That was just a wonderful sight!

Watch from about 1.15:

Fiji beating Australia means that we'll have a proper final next week when Wales play against Oz.

That said only if Wales don't fuck up against Georgia again.

Fiji were amazing. If it wasn't for that incompetent ref Fiji would be smashing thus group.

Fiji winning games by kicking and winning scrums shows how far they've come.

The only real weakness seems to be in the air.

They've always had super talented players, but now it seems their set piece is pretty solid too.

Loving watching them play!

That result might prove to be disastrous for us though!

Yeah Namibia are shocking, probably the worst team in the comp

Dupont getting injured is a potential hammer blow to the French chances

Back
Top Bottom