• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rugby World Cup

frustrating so far ... stupid mistakes not allowing us to get tries and the irish took the big break well for 6-3 lead after 35 minutes or so.

great half though - two great teams.
At the start South Africa seemed by far the better team, but slowly Ireland crept back into it.

Still think the southern hemisphere just seem to be more stylish teams.

At the start South Africa seemed by far the better team, but slowly Ireland crept back into it.

Still think the southern hemisphere just seem to be more stylish teams.

stylish? nah - don't really see much difference in the two teams!

I think if we play our best game, we will win if we meet again ... feel we just let too many good chances slip here, but Ireland are the #1 team for a reason, and they did what #1 teams do ...

I think if we play our best game, we will win if we meet again ... feel we just let too many good chances slip here, but Ireland are the #1 team for a reason, and they did what #1 teams do ...

Yeah, but you should bring someone who is able to proper kick a ball then.

LOL - yah, that is our weak link unfortunately.
It's a bit of a big weak link in the old rugby games.

You would think they would have at least one decent kicker.

Ireland are celebrating as if they won the fucking thing.

It's a bit of a big weak link in the old rugby games.

You would think they would have at least one decent kicker.

Ireland are celebrating as if they won the fucking thing.

Well, this was the statement game for them ... beat the defending champion etc ... Celebrating may come to haunt them if they meet the boks again, but I'm not sure we'll get there this time. As you say, that weak link is a problem though maybe that brings back handre.

Saffers still one of the favourites for the tournament but Ireland are just such a tough team mentally. When SA were on top, and things were going wrong there was no panic. If they meet again in the final, I think Ireland can bring another level to their game. The Saffers can replace their 10, but they'll lose aspects of their play in doing so.

I'm not joking, Andy Farrell punched a mate of mine in the face once, rugby related. That bloke is the hardest ever. He's fucking nails. Great game by Ireland tonight, brilliant.

Saffers still one of the favourites for the tournament but Ireland are just such a tough team mentally. When SA were on top, and things were going wrong there was no panic. If they meet again in the final, I think Ireland can bring another level to their game. The Saffers can replace their 10, but they'll lose aspects of their play in doing so.

If we get there, the thing that should worry you is that we didn't play close to our best either ... intensity and desire was there, but we were found lacking far too often (but I think you guys will feel the same based on the opportunities you wasted with the lineouts)

If we get there, the thing that should worry you is that we didn't play close to our best either ... intensity and desire was there, but we were found lacking far too often (but I think you guys will feel the same based on the opportunities you wasted with the lineouts)
Neither did Ireland.

Well Ireland have one more huge game to end the group, so it is a relief we have 2 weeks to recover before playing Scotland. There will be a lot of aching bodies today.

I'm loving this World Cup.

The only team that imo had a slight edge on the others was France, but with Dupont getting injured, that's pulled them back into the pack.

I don't think there is a huge difference between the top 4 sides and the next tier down......... Anyone can win it this year, it's going to be who shows up on the day and who gets lucky with injuries/reds!

As a former hooker I was watching the scrum carefully and on "Set" the Boks' habitual big push got absolutely nowhere all game. Ireland's eight were rock solid. That will be eating away at die Bokke if the two teams do meet again. Well played the Irish - this was a big, big win for them.

I'm loving this World Cup.

The only team that imo had a slight edge on the others was France, but with Dupont getting injured, that's pulled them back into the pack.

I don't think there is a huge difference between the top 4 sides and the next tier down......... Anyone can win it this year, it's going to be who shows up on the day and who gets lucky with injuries/reds!

/refs too ;-)

If - and this seems to be quite certain - South Africa plays against France it's going to be the end of it, especially if Dupont is able to play again.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Wales - Australia tonight.

This should be a belter, a proper final for both teams.

I don't, do not get me wrong. But without a kicking game and against a fired up home team I strongly favour France.
I tipped France before a ball was kicked, but only because pool B was such a warzone. Saffers have come out pretty unscathed, and without Dupont, I think they're dumping France out of the tournament. In the past year France have been beaten quite handily by Ireland, had a team without Dupont beaten by a Scotland team who came from 18 points back, and have looked like a team, whilst very strong, that are evidently well beatable. Ireland have 28 wins from their last 30 matches, and have beaten everybody in the last 18 months, but SA had us hanging on at times. If they had won the game we could have had no complaints. If SA attend to shortcomings, and we know they will, they're going to roll over France.

I tipped France before a ball was kicked, but only because pool B was such a warzone. Saffers have come out pretty unscathed, and without Dupont, I think they're dumping France out of the tournament. In the past year France have been beaten quite handily by Ireland, had a team without Dupont beaten by a Scotland team who came from 18 points back, and have looked like a team, whilst very strong, that are evidently well beatable. Ireland have 28 wins from their last 30 matches, and have beaten everybody in the last 18 months, but SA had us hanging on at times. If they had won the game we could have had no complaints. If SA attend to shortcomings, and we know they will, they're going to roll over France.

You're making it sound like it will be easy!
Don't be doing this jinxy shit mate - at least do it if we get to the finals,and then I'll get it! 🙂

Maybe, maybe not. It will be a wide open game for both. If Dupont is fit again I don't think SA will be able to get past France. But even if he doesn't play I think the home crowd will push them all the way.

whatsapp-image-2023-09-24-at-07-15-25.jpg

Back
Top Bottom