• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sack him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is the current incarnation of Modo rather similar in style to Trollco?

There is that same sneering tone, unwavering confidence and "oh, you silly sheeple will see me proven right in the end... again" attitude.

And not long after the man himself disappeared. Hmm.

Then there is the transformation of RedNinja who has gone from a relatively quiet behind the scenes operator to someone who is just on it. He literally can't post enough, he's dancing from thread to thread in almost manic fashion. Not just any 'ol posts either, no, it's like a 6CM Daily Mail.

Not to mention once nice guy Mark1975 calling people cunts and telling 'em to fuck off in every other thread.

I feel like I'm in The Truman Show. What's going to happen next guys?

The only thing that could make this thread or forum any worse right now would be a return of Spider fucking Neil. Or Robinhood.

Modo - You don't actually offend me, you're just doing my fucking tits in in every single thread. You're genuinely spoiling this site these days. You really should fuck off for a while.

I don't think you could blame Rafa for Inter's demise. The writing was on the wall when he joined.. he was managing an ageing squad, a club in financial difficulty and on the decline..

I can't believe you got away with this without getting a hiding. Yeah can't blame Rafa for preforming shit with a Treble winning squad who had won the league for like 7 years on the bounce. Asinine. You've gone completely mental.

The only thing that could make this thread or forum any worse right now would be a return of Spider fucking Neil. Or Robinhood.

Modo - You don't actually offend me, you're just doing my fucking tits in in every single thread. You're genuinely spoiling this site these days. You really should fuck off for a while.

Well, you're not alone.

The story of Modo goes like this.

The story of Modo goes like this.

.....But in 2010 something happened, the club was taken over by an Ogre. Modokay was distraught, his beloved Rafa got fired!
Something needed to change, he couldn't take it any more, the once timid Modokay took on another persona.
On a cold stormy November night, he put his right hand on his Rafa poster and swore a solemn oath to never hold back. He went to Rafa's House in Liverpool to say what was on his mind and told Rafa he never would never back down until Rafa took him in as his personal toyboy. Rafa could see that young Modokay were a boy with many talents and agreed to play fat spanish waiter with a twist. As he entered Young Modokay on a dry and dirty he screamed "WHO IS THE PILLOWBITER?! You could hear the High pitched reply blocks away: MOOOOOOOODOOOOOO

and that was how Modo was born

Dedication and devotion....

I loved rafa but we played some turgid stuff under him. I'll never forget that game against stoke when we started with 7 defenders....awful stuff. But he knows his way round europe and would make us hard to beat.

I think rodgers deserves until xmas. If we're still this bad then he should definitely go and he would have no one but himself to blame. Spending all that money and buying awful players like balotelli, lambert and moreno (who most people said in the summer was shit).

It scares me though rodgers is a big admirer of sergio ramos (who I think is one of the most overrated players out there) as that tells me what he looks for in a defender.

Is it just me or is the current incarnation of Modo rather similar in style to Trollco?

There is that same sneering tone, unwavering confidence and "oh, you silly sheeple will see me proven right in the end... again" attitude.

And not long after the man himself disappeared. Hmm.

Then there is the transformation of RedNinja who has gone from a relatively quiet behind the scenes operator to someone who is just on it. He literally can't post enough, he's dancing from thread to thread in almost manic fashion. Not just any 'ol posts either, no, it's like a 6CM Daily Mail.

Not to mention once nice guy Mark1975 calling people cunts and telling 'em to fuck off in every other thread.

I feel like I'm in The Truman Show. What's going to happen next guys?

Fuck off cunt x

True, but irrelevant. It leaves untouched the original point that Rafa had lost it towards the end and created the very mess which those signings exacerbated.
Jono is a making a case for Rafa to come back. The same Rafa he wanted sacked. I don't get it. If Rafa comes back, he'll want him sacked again after a bad spell.

It's all contradictory. He wants an interim manager in immediately to get us back into the CL in the short term. Then wants a hungry manager like Klopp in to return us to where we 'belong' but doesn't want any more 5 year plans.

I don't think all that is possible man. So its get Rafa in, get back in CL. Say thank you to Rafa and get new manager in. Win league??

Jono is a making a case for Rafa to come back. The same Rafa he wanted sacked. I don't get it. If Rafa comes back, he'll want him sacked again after a bad spell.

It's all contradictory. He wants an interim manager in immediately to get us back into the CL in the short term. Then wants a hungry manager like Klopp in to return us to where we 'belong' but doesn't want any more 5 year plans.

I don't think all that is possible man. So its get Rafa in, get back in CL. Say thank you to Rafa and get new manager in. Win league??

I can't speak for Jono, but I as well wanted Rafa gone five years ago. I expected us to get a big team manager, Van Gaal, Hiddink, Mourinho etc.
What I didn't expect was that we'd replace him with Hodgson.
I don't think Rafa left us with a terrible squad, but then we go and add the likes of Cole, Poulsen and Konchesky to it and the downward spiral continued.
So yeah I was wrong to want Rafa gone 5 years ago, but I want him to be given another chance.

I also wouldn't have sacked Rafa if it meant getting Hodgson.

Why go back though? Won't Rafa soon be guilty of the same things that warranted his departure?
You are willing to give him another chance yet won't give Rodgers til Xmas to get to grips with losing Sturridge and Suarez??
I can't take your logic seriously. You can't ram Rafa down our throats as if he's the saviour when ye wanted him sacked five whole years ago. Then move the goal posts and start comparing transfer records, CV's etc.

Rodgers is indeed skating on thin ice but stop ramming Rafa down our throats just because we want to see if Rodgers can turn the tide here. He deserves a bit more time. Also, sacking Rodgers tomorrow won't magically get Rafa here either. It's all hypothetical right now.

I also wouldn't have sacked Rafa if it meant getting Hodgson.

Why go back though? Won't Rafa soon be guilty of the same things that warranted his departure?
You are willing to give him another chance yet won't give Rodgers til Xmas to get to grips with losing Sturridge and Suarez??
I can't take your logic seriously. You can't ram Rafa down our throats as if he's the saviour when ye wanted him sacked five whole years ago. Then move the goal posts and start comparing transfer records, CV's etc.

Rodgers is indeed skating on thin ice but stop ramming Rafa down our throats just because we want to see if Rodgers can turn the tide here. He deserves a bit more time. Also, sacking Rodgers tomorrow won't magically get Rafa here either. It's all hypothetical right now.
I get what you're saying, but Im not sure the circumstances are the same. We don't mention Rodgers first season here a lot and that's fair because he needed a season to instil his philosophy. He had mainly inherited a back line from Rafa as well. Still it seems as if we're back to square one after like two seasons.
I don't know if I'm making any sense but I just want someone I fucking trust at the helm again.

Yes ILD. Like I said, it's short sighted. This is the fans that wanted the title this season, and then wanted him out in October. Bring in Rafa, stablise the club, then when the title is nowhere to be seen, start to ask questions. No 5yr plans? Managers are lucky if they get 5 months from some on here.

I'd just like to point out that it is possible to change your mind. It's very human, you don't have to hold a firm opinion for year upon year, hindsight and nostalgia are overrated in my opinion (currently).

I like the arguments about logic and football, they go together well...

Anyway I expect minds will be changed about BR in due course, at least I hope so, maybe he'll catch a break in January and his top striker will return and he can then mix it up with the other forwards at his disposal.

Goals are what we're missing, lack them and people arrow in on the defense which to their credit have conceded only 4 in the last 5 games in which we are unbeaten. It's not good enough yet but we've stopped losing at least.

We need more than goals. Last season we scored a lot of goals Down to having players that other teams were scared of before the game started. Nooene will be scared of the line up we sent out against Basel. There is no speed or no movement in that line up. We need players that can press the opposition, that can dominate the opposition and that can take them out running. Besides Sterling the team against Basel was a joke. Henderson Down the left? Joe Allen? Lucas Leiva? Rickie Lambert? The midfield selected was schocking.

Joe Allen is probably the strongest symbol on Rodgers failures. Not a piss poor player, but Extreme mediocre and not a treat to any opposition team. Still he is what Rodgers football is all about.

We need more than goals. Last season we scored a lot of goals Down to having players that other teams were scared of before the game started. Nooene will be scared of the line up we sent out against Basel. There is no speed or no movement in that line up. We need players that can press the opposition, that can dominate the opposition and that can take them out running. Besides Sterling the team against Basel was a joke. Henderson Down the left? Joe Allen? Lucas Leiva? Rickie Lambert? The midfield selected was schocking.

Joe Allen is probably the strongest symbol on Rodgers failures. Not a piss poor player, but Extreme mediocre and not a treat to any opposition team. Still he is what Rodgers football is all about.

Sterling, Markovic, Sturridge, Coutinho and Lallana have, in my opinion speed and/or movement, do you agree?.

I also expect Sturridge to be the catalyst for these players to shine. If we can compliment our squad with another mobile forward I believe we'll see a very exciting team.

I can't speak for Jono, but I as well wanted Rafa gone five years ago. I expected us to get a big team manager, Van Gaal, Hiddink, Mourinho etc.
What I didn't expect was that we'd replace him with Hodgson.
I don't think Rafa left us with a terrible squad, but then we go and add the likes of Cole, Poulsen and Konchesky to it and the downward spiral continued.
So yeah I was wrong to want Rafa gone 5 years ago, but I want him to be given another chance.

So, to sum up, the reason you want Rafa back is that five years ago we hired the wrong guy to replace him? You're more than intelligent enough to see how ridiculous that is. Sadly you're also more than stubborn enough to refuse to face that fact.

Someone at the club is briefing the journalists, because the same points and quotes about arrogance, complacency and the failings of Ayre are all appearing simultaneously in the broadsheets. That's a bit ominous. When a lone insider just wants to vent their frustration they usually go to the tabloid hacks. When a faction are contemplating something much more clinical they go to the broadsheet contacts and do this.

Wanting to correct a mistake isn't ridiculous JJ, it's all too human. However that time has passed.

We have a bright young Manager learning on the job, with all the pressure of being in constant media spotlight, something the owners will have considered when they hired him.

I think BR has coped well, making mistakes of course, but what he needs most is some luck; anyone losing their best two players would struggle for continuity.

Save hiring a real top notch Manager at vast expense I can't see a better option. He has engineered a points tally and goal ratio better than most and in a short time.It would be short-sighted to overlook that positivity because of the current nervousness.

Sterling, Markovic, Sturridge, Coutinho and Lallana have, in my opinion speed and/or movement, do you agree?.

I also expect Sturridge to be the catalyst for these players to shine. If we can compliment our squad with another mobile forward I believe we'll see a very exciting team.

Yeah they have speed and together they can be a potential danger to teams. So in a must win game at Anfield we found room for one of them together with four guys that were supposed to keep mighty Basel on aarms length from our defence....

Someone at the club is briefing the journalists, because the same points and quotes about arrogance, complacency and the failings of Ayre are all appearing simultaneously in the broadsheets. That's a bit ominous. When a lone insider just wants to vent their frustration they usually go to the tabloid hacks. When a faction are contemplating something much more clinical they go to the broadsheet contacts and do this.
Interesting /terrifying news macca

I can't believe you got away with this without getting a hiding. Yeah can't blame Rafa for preforming shit with a Treble winning squad who had won the league for like 7 years on the bounce. Asinine. You've gone completely mental.
It was an ageing Squad that was on the decline.. Inter did not have the finances in place to rebuild.. They then proceeded in selling all their best assets after Benitez left.. They gave Benitez nothing to spend during his reign.

Mourinho knew this, it was one of the reasons he left.. He could not take the club any further..

Yeah they have speed and together they can be a potential danger to teams. So in a must win game at Anfield we found room for one of them together with four guys that were supposed to keep mighty Basel on aarms length from our defence....

Yes I agree with you there but I'm not a young Manager with the whole world telling me what to do. Given the amount of goals his team has scored since being here I'm sure it was a wrench for him to be conservative but he keeps talking about getting the balance right.

It's easy to be bold on the internet, not so when you've 'advice' from all sides. "Be careful - you need special knowledge in the CL", "no - go at every team like last year", "play this guy for 60' then swap", "no - play him from the start he's our talisman", "play this formation, that formation" blah blah blah.

He's coping well in my opinion given the expectation and pressure. He needs a little luck in finding that balance.

Re Rafa last year with us..

I think at the time I was like everyone else, expecting we could get better.

If I'd of known Hodgson was to replace him, I would never of wanted him sacked in the first place.. The fact we got Hodgson in shows the state the club was in behind the scenes.

Rafa had to work to those constraints.. In a better environment with better owners he probably would of thrived

There is better managers out there I agree.. Would they come to us ? I am not so sure. Rafa is a better manager tactically than the inept bafoon we currently employ..

So, to sum up, the reason you want Rafa back is that five years ago we hired the wrong guy to replace him? You're more than intelligent enough to see how ridiculous that is. Sadly you're also more than stubborn enough to refuse to face that fact.

5 years ago we hired the wrong guy to replace him, after he'd had over 5 years to win the title. So essentially, we'd be bringing him back, to get back to where we were over a decade ago, ie, starting again. So essentially we'd be bringing back Rafa to rectify the mistakes our managers have made over the last 10 years, one of whom IS Rafa.

And now I've gone crosseyed.

If I'd of known Hodgson was to replace him, I would never of wanted him sacked in the first place.. The fact we got Hodgson in shows the state the club was in behind the scenes.

Rafa had to work to those constraints.. In a better environment with better owners he probably would of thrived

There is better managers out there I agree.. Would they come to us ? I am not so sure. Rafa is a better manager tactically than the inept bafoon we currently employ..

the inept baffoon who nearly won the title last year, coming closer than anyone has since Kenny's first stint.

There's no doubt Rafa's record is better than Brendan's but it doesn't change the fact all the good stuff in Rafa's career was almost 10 years ago: winning La Liga with Valencia and getting to two CL finals with us and winning one.

His record for the 5 past years is average including a dreadful year with us and a bad year with Inter.

If we were getting the Rafa of ten years ago, it make sense. Getting the current Rafa makes little sense.

Agreed. I wasn't advocating his return.

I'd HAVE....would HAVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom