• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sack him

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
He's got til Christmas to sort it out or he is gone.. If the team fails the manager has to take responsibility

His team, his signings, his tactics, his players

His saving grace is we are still only 4 points off 4th place, so he still can turn this around.. I hope he can.. but I don't think he will

I wish we where right now, Even they are better than us at the mo

"at the mo".

Have a look at the bigger picture, long term we're better placed both in terms of structure and current playing squad, regardless of current positions. We might need some additions and Rodgers has to silence his critics, but there's no quick fix at the minute, Lovren and Balotelli are two massive holes that need sorting and other than get Sturridge back and fit, there's not alot we can do to change things until January, so it'll probably get worse before it gets better, but we're building and we'll get there. He certainly needs more than 2 and a bit seasons to get it right, considering how excellent we were last year, he's earned it on that alone.

So you'd rather be Newcastle, who are in a rich vein of form, which usually culminates in them keeping hold of the manager they all hated a month ago, only for them to have a near relegation season next year, again. But you wouldn't want to be us instead, title challengers 6 months ago.

I've heard some laughable stuff on here in the last few days, "I'd happily have Rafa back right now", "I'd rather be Newcastle". Deary me.

"at the mo".

Have a look at the bigger picture, long term we're better placed both in terms of structure and current playing squad, regardless of current positions. We might need some additions and Rodgers has to silence his critics, but there's no quick fix at the minute, Lovren and Balotelli are two massive holes that need sorting and other than get Sturridge back and fit, there's not alot we can do to change things until January, so it'll probably get worse before it gets better, but we're building and we'll get there. He certainly needs more than 2 and a bit seasons to get it right, considering how excellent we were last year, he's earned it on that alone.

So you'd rather be Newcastle, who are in a rich vein of form, which usually culminates in them keeping hold of the manager they all hated a month ago, only for them to have a near relegation season next year, again. But you wouldn't want to be us instead, title challengers 6 months ago.

I've heard some laughable stuff on here in the last few days, "I'd happily have Rafa back right now", "I'd rather be Newcastle". Deary me.

No I meant I'd rather have the results they are getting right now..

Fuck would I want to be Newcastle..

I do not think Sturridge will fix our problems, paper over the cracks.. yes. Fix them no..

The Problem is Rodgers tactics.. His insistence on playing one up top when it is clear as day it does not work with Balotelli, the constant playing of out of form players such as Sterling, Balotelli himself and Lovren.

Don't get me started on the Madrid in mid week either.. huge Fail on Rodgers behalf.. What did it get us ?... nothing...

Rodgers does not know what his best Starting 11 is, and is struggling to rise to the challenge of fitting all these new players in..

Then there is Markovic and Lambert.. WTF are those two signings about? Lambert in particular... What is it with his ommission..?? he can't be much worse than Balotelli can he?

With the other additions, it appears we have spent over 100 million on bang average players...

Don't give me this settling in period.. It has done Southampton and West Ham no harm.

Who is at fault ?? it can only be the manager, he has to take responsibly..

I disagree, not all of the 100M has been wasted, some if it has but not all.

We have been terribly out of form and without strikeforce all season... it makes a difference...

THAT said....

Problems in defence are systemic and not simply the fault of the players IMO...
We must move away from playing to our weaknesses at least until we can get our confidence back with some goals. The last kick of the game on Saturday was Mig kicking it out for a corner for Chelsea...

We were doing reasonably well on Saturday until we started fannying around at the back and encouraged them to press and press even higher... that's fine when you have a whole bunch of pace merchants raring to nick it and break on them but we fucking don't at the minute so it just ended up increasing the pressure on us.

I actually started counting the touches we had everytime Mig had a touch before we lose the ball again... it wasn't good...I reckon that needs looking at wholesale... IF we are gonna keep Mig,... and I wouldn't.... then we need to review how we build from the back. It's no exaggeration to say it but his distribution is abysmally bad, I mean Bosnich bad... but with worse nerves than Bosnich... we invariably give the ball away after he has had it, usually 2 or 3 touches more and that's it...

And he has basically been our star player the last 2 games!

So the answer to a manager fucking up and having to take responsibility, is to give him a pointless deadline to sort it, before sacking him?

It was more Suarez that brought us closer to the title last year than Rodgers.. Suarez got us out of jail with our dodgy defense down to Rodgers tactics on numerous occasions. His ability to lift the team on the field was 2nd to none

This year without Suarez, Rodgers tactics have been found out

So the answer to a manager fucking up and having to take responsibility, is to give him a pointless deadline to sort it, before sacking him?
That's the modern game. If its not working by January.. Theoretically it will never work

What we give him January transfer window as well to buy even more dross ?

It was more Suarez that brought us closer to the title last year than Rodgers.. Suarez got us out of jail with our dodgy defense down to Rodgers tactics on numerous occasions. His ability to lift the team on the field was 2nd to none

This year without Suarez, Rodgers tactics have been found out

Thats a very lazy attempt when looking at the issues we have, very lazy.

Thats a very lazy attempt when looking at the issues we have, very lazy.
The point I was making we have no players on the pitch the younger players can look up to. We lack the class, winning mentality.. Leadership etc etc..

I said in the post chelsea thread some of yous are acting like Newcastle supporters. Fucking hell

The point I was making we have no players on the pitch the younger players can look up to. We lack the class, winning mentality.. Leadership etc etc..

That's why we can't get rid of Gerrard I reckon. Who's left after that? Johnson (not after this season) and League Cup Kolo?

I said in the post chelsea thread some of yous are acting like Newcastle supporters. Fucking hell
And some of you have your head in the clouds..

Our current form is relegation standard..

Even what looks like easy fixtures on paper we are making a mess of..

People our resting their hopes on Sturridge returning.. The damage is already done.. its going to take more than that to turn things around..

After the Chelsea loss, The Madrid thing could potentially be the start of him losing the Dressing Room...

I would never reference Madrid,Newcastle,Madrid,Chelsea as an easy fixture list on paper.

Be-thefuck-have.

That's the modern game. If its not working by January.. Theoretically it will never work

What we give him January transfer window as well to buy even more dross ?
I think we can agree it worked last season...you might say it was all down to Suarez but regardless 'it' worked. So what you're saying is if it doesn't work in five months (August - January) it never will so you sack your manager and start again? Really?

I would never reference Madrid,Newcastle,Madrid,Chelsea as an easy fixture list on paper.

Be-thefuck-have.
Hull City, Newcastle, West Ham, Aston Villa on paper are winnable fixtures.

We managed 1 goal against them and picked up 1 point..

I think we can agree it worked last season...you might say it was all down to Suarez but regardless 'it' worked. So what you're saying is if it doesn't work in five months (August - January) it never will so you sack your manager and start again? Really?
If it doesn't click by January.. Would you as a board member trust him in the January Transfer Window ?.. not one signing has impressed consistently so far.. not one..

4 points from 4th and 5 points from relegation. The trend and form indicates south. Oh wait Sturridge is da man!
And this is my point.. Sturridge is not the saviour.. People are going to be disappointed, the problems lie deeper..

I thought Liverpool was immune to the modern day fan? I though we were all knowledgeable and stood by our players/managers during blips knowing that a short term hack isn't going to provide a long term fix. This line of thought is endemic of London based clubs, and is quite frankly embarrassing. Sorry RedNinja, this has been a very hard few weeks, and I think you've let it get to you, the only scenario where sacking Rodgers at Christmas is even a consideration is if he loses every game from now until then and Borini comes out against Manchester United wearing nothing but a pink leotard and re-enacts dirty dancing with Balotelli.

From 12 May 2012:

Brendan Rodgers has rejected suggestions that Liverpool's season under Kenny Dalglish has been a failure as he prepares to lock horns with the Reds boss at the Liberty Stadium.

Dalglish secured Carling Cup glory with February's nerve-jangling Wembley success against Cardiff, but last weekend's FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea and a current Premier League position of eighth has led to criticism of the Scot.

The Anfield club are also facing the prospect of finishing below neighbours Everton for the first time since 2005, and Dalglish has come in for stick for his tactics and his transfer market dealings, with an outlay of over £100million failing to ignite a title challenge.

But Swansea manager Rodgers, who will be looking to end a memorable campaign with a win and a possible top-10 finish, believes Dalglish needs to be given time if he is to bring sustained success back to Liverpool in the long term.

'I don't believe their season has been a failure, he has been in the process of rebuilding,' said Rodgers.

'When he had the second half of last season there he did a terrific job, he renewed the motivation in the group and city, and this season he has reshaped the squad. It's the beginning of a process that he hopes in the future will bring success.

'But that's the problem with being a manager; it's like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.

'You don't get time to put it in the hanger and do everything you need and send it out there, you have to try and do it while it's flying and that's what he is in the process of.

'It is nowhere near a failure to get to two cup finals, winning one and going very close in another one.

'Liverpool has an incredible history of winning leagues and European Cups but the reality is they are having to build back towards that, and the Liverpool supporters probably see no better man to do that than Kenny.

'He has a history of success at the club as a player and a manager.

'He has a strong team behind him but unfortunately everyone looks to the short term, but he has done a terrific job and he will look to develop and grow next season.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ounterpart-Brendan-Rodgers.html#ixzz3IeocMxlQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

His aircraft analogy still seems relevant. When injuries and a slump in form happens between transfer windows, it's easy for any manager to look like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Behind the scenes they're probably trying all kinds of things but nowadays there are no reserve games for second choices, few breaks for work on the training pitch and no respite from social media. You need luck as well as skill to get out of these periods, and a bit of faith from the owners and the fans.

Do people realize if a country of Liverpool fans would be amongst the biggest countries in the world population wise? Larger than the US? Just think about how FUCKED UP of a country we would be! We'd be worse than the Tea Party with our President, that's for sure.

FUCK JAN ... FIRE HIM YESTERDAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom