• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sack him

Status
Not open for further replies.
They both have records they can be proud of overall. They're also both yesterday's men as far as the LFC job is concerned.

Kenny would have had a good shot of the European Cup with the class of 87/88, if we weren't banned.

None of Rafa's Liverpool were as good as that team.

Which was made worse by buying Andy fucking Carroll and Downing for £55 million.

and Suarez, which set up what happened last year ... now if Rodgers had been given the likes of Finnan, Riise, Hyypia and Carra in their prime, imagine how far we'd have gone! Actually - considering ROdgers' track record with defenses, don't answer that! ;)

Which was made worse by buying Andy fucking Carroll and Downing for £55 million.

Both of whom are currently far more effective than anyone we currently have. Just saying. Maybe Allardyce is a miracle worker.

Cloggy: I can assure you I haven't forgotten the old git. But for his stubborn incompetence we could have had the Studge playing a sight more games.

True, but irrelevant. It leaves untouched the original point that Rafa had lost it towards the end and created the very mess which those signings exacerbated.
Yep.
It is usually lalalala hand in ears stuff when Rafa's faults are brought into question.

They both have records they can be proud of overall. They're also both yesterday's men as far as the LFC job is concerned.
JJ - I'm disappointed in you, this post is beneath you.

This thread is all about knee jerk reactions, impatient fans wanting quick fixes and being fed up with 5 year plans. Ignoring failings for one manager and championing his successes yet not applying this argument for every manager.

It's doggedly asking for consistency and stability with regular and instant changes to managers as soon as things go bad.

In short, it's no place for sound logical posts like yours.

So cut it out.

I nominate this thread for the vault....

(throws up in bucket)

Seriously, this is a wank discussion. No offense.

Agreed, Christ, close this thread. Ban Modo and Jono if they talk of Rafa again. We know your views lads, now leave us alone.

Is it just me or is the current incarnation of Modo rather similar in style to Trollco?

There is that same sneering tone, unwavering confidence and "oh, you silly sheeple will see me proven right in the end... again" attitude.

And not long after the man himself disappeared. Hmm.

Then there is the transformation of RedNinja who has gone from a relatively quiet behind the scenes operator to someone who is just on it. He literally can't post enough, he's dancing from thread to thread in almost manic fashion. Not just any 'ol posts either, no, it's like a 6CM Daily Mail.

Not to mention once nice guy Mark1975 calling people cunts and telling 'em to fuck off in every other thread.

I feel like I'm in The Truman Show. What's going to happen next guys?

Is it just me or is the current incarnation of Modo rather similar in style to Trollco?

There is that same sneering tone, unwavering confidence and "oh, you silly sheeple will see me proven right in the end... again" attitude.

Then there is the transformation of RedNinja who has gone from a relatively quiet behind the scenes operator to someone who is just on it. He literally can't post enough, he's dancing from thread to thread in almost manic fashion. Not just any 'ol posts either, no, it's like a 6CM Daily Mail.

Not to mention once nice guy Mark1975 calling people cunts and telling 'em to fuck off in every other thread.

I'll make an eloquent and insightful post into the short comings of Jordan Henderson!

The story of Modo goes like this.

In 2002, a young Modokay, that's the name he went by at the time, searched the internet for place to share his thoughts. He typed "Liverpool fc" into the Yahoo search engine and discovered a place called Koptalk.
Timid at first, he lurked in the forum for a months without saying much and learned about the club he had supported since the late eighties.
He slowly started to get more and more involved in the discussions and became known as the guy with the stream links.
The years flew by, Liverpool had some success and some failures. Koptalk was deserted. Modokay decided to jump ship and joined SCM.
But in 2010 something happened, the club was taken over by an Ogre. Modokay was distraught, his beloved club laid in tatters.
Something needed to change, he couldn't take it any more, the once timid Modokay took on another persona.
On a cold stormy November night, he put his right hand on his broadband modem and swore a solemn oath to never hold back, always say what was on his mind and never back down until order was restored. Modo was born.

If just like to add this to the debate in this thread.

I made some really spicy chilli last night and my ringhole is burning like a bastard this morning.

The day I put my club on a parallel with that fucking shitehole is the day I give up on football.
Speaks volumes of the morern Liverpool fan that we look to a billionaires plaything as the measure of the way to do things.

Im not saying Mr Rodgers is the answer. At this stage the jury is way the fuck out, and it looks like he may be 50 feet from an iceberg with no means to turn it around. Honestly id give him the summer and the first few months of next season to get it right. If by say end October we havnt looked like serious title contenders id be in favour of change before Jan 16.

But the man who sorted out Hodgson and Kennys mess. Who took us from 11th to 2nd and back into the champions league. The man who overhauled an ageing bloated playing staff and has replaced it with (yes the jury is still out) Sterling, Markovic, Coutinho, Sturridge, Moreno, Can, Allen etc. This man deserves a full season to correct the problems. Some of which im happy to admit are his own doing. I really hate our Goalkeeper hes awful, hes a small club goalkeeper, and I hate the way we are loaded with small technical players and have no pace and power. No explosive dynamism like a Yaya or Costa. We have a lot of work to do. But hes a man whos learning from his own mistakes. Hes dropped Gerrard 3 times now. Thats massively brave. He has stopped playing him at DM thats an admission of his own culpability.
Hes brought Lucas back in, thats shown me he isnt an arrogant stubborn tosspot.
Theres a lot to like about Mr Rodgers (ridiculous manager soundbites aside) and he got last season so right that im willing to hope and keep the faith that this season is the blip and not that.
Suarez and Sturridge in this side and we are challenging for the title again. Neither being out is his fault.

And failing to win it again because our Manager doesn't know a thing about defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom