• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sack Race 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Ten Hag was lauded as the 2nd coming, their own Klopp, but he is far from it. £400m spent, yet, they're relying on Evans and McGuire to shore up their defence.
He is throwing players under the bus. He has a shit eye for talent.

Though I don't think Ten Hag will be the first one to be sacked/resign, however, I don't think he will last the season

Ten Hag was lauded as the 2nd coming, their own Klopp, but he is far from it. £400m spent, yet, they're relying on Evans and McGuire to shore up their defence.
He is throwing players under the bus. He has a shit eye for talent.

Though I don't think Ten Hag will be the first one to be sacked/resign, however, I don't think he will last the season

We signed two players they wanted (Gakpo & Gravenberch)!

We signed two players they wanted (Gakpo & Gravenberch)!
They didn't make any bid. Just like it was said we wanted Mount and Amrabat but chose Man U. The environment is getting very toxic there, with Sancho being thrown under the bus, and Antony being shielded from a criminal allegation and piss poor performances on the pitch.

I don't really know or care a lot about Ten Hag, but United as a club seems like a mess at the moment, probably not just down to him. Long may that continue, obviously, but I sadly suspect that things will probably pick up for them a bit.

I can't imagine Dyche has got long at Everton though

Ten Hag did well to get them into a CL spot last season, but there seem to be too many bad apples at that club for him to keep them moving forward this time around. How much of their current floundering might be down to him is debatable IMO, but the buck has to stop at his door.

Same applies to Dyche IMO. To a degree it's wishful thinking on my part because I really, REALLY want to see it happen, but I actually do reckon going down might even help the bluesh!te, because that whole club needs dynorodding from top to bottom.

The Spanish guy at Bournemouth hasn't started too well has he?

The obvious choice to be sacked next is the Luton manager but they could have Klopp and he wouldn't be able to do much with that squad either, expectations were to survive by the skin of their teeth so he may ride it out for a bit longer so long as then pick up a win in their next few games.

Elsewhere in Europe, I reckon Jose could be next to go.

They want a Richard now
[article]
Türkiye sack national team coach Kuntz after underwhelming stint

BY DAILY SABAH

ISTANBUL SEP 17, 2023 - 3:22 PM GMT+3

QATAR-WORLD-CUP-2022
Following a draw with Armenia during the Euro 2024 qualifiers and a subsequent loss to Japan in a friendly match, the German tactician Stefan Kuntz has been sacked as the head coach of the Turkish national football team.
The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) wasted no time in initiating the process to remove Kuntz after the disappointing series of results despite earlier reports that he would continue with the reins.

The Crescent-Stars faced off against Armenia in their fifth match of the Euro 2024 Qualifiers, ending the game in a 1-1 draw.
Türkiye's lone goal came in the 88th minute, courtesy of Bertuğ Yıldırım, while Armenia found the net in the 49th minute through Bichakhchyan.

In an international friendly match, the Turkish national team clashed with Japan, renewing their rivalry after 21 years.
Unfortunately, the Crescent Stars suffered a 4-2 loss against Japan who have been on fire lately.
The goals that secured Japan's victory were scored by Atsuki Ito in the 15th minute, Keito Nakamura in the 36th and 44th minutes, and Junya Ito from a penalty kick in the 78th minute.
Türkiye's goals, on the other hand, were netted by Ozan Kabak in the 44th minute and Bertuğ Yıldırım in the 61st minute.

The draw against Armenia and the loss to Japan put immense pressure on Stefan Kuntz, the coach of the national team.
Kuntz faced harsh criticism, especially after the loss to Japan.
During a press conference, he did not mince words when it came to his players, saying, "Rather than closing their ears, it is important to open their eyes. Players should reach the level where they give 100%. If they are not giving their 100%, it hurts me. Answers are provided on the field, not during interviews."
Many believed that Kuntz's critique was limited to his public statements.
However, it has come to light that the experienced coach also delivered a critical motivational speech during halftime in the match against Japan, in which Türkiye found themselves trailing 3-1.
Not satisfied with the performance on the pitch, Kuntz addressed the team in the dressing room, saying, "Gentlemen, are you aware of what you are playing? Do you genuinely think this style of play reflects well on you?"
At present, only Stefan Kuntz has been informed of the decision, with no information provided to his assistants.
Looking ahead to an important match against Croatia in the Euro 2024 Qualifiers Group D in October, there is speculation that Kenan Koçak, one of Kuntz's assistants, may take charge of the team.
If a new head coach is appointed, Kuntz's assistants may either be relieved of their duties or, if they agree, or continue in their roles under the new head coach.
According to unconfirmed reports, the Turkish Football Federation has reached an agreement with Italian coach Vincenzo Montella, who previously managed Adana Demirspor last season, to assume the role of the new head coach for the Turkish national team.
Vincenzo Montella, who led Adana Demirspor for two seasons, achieved a record of 38 wins, 17 draws, and 21 losses in 76 matches, maintaining an average of 1.72 points per game.
[/article]

Didn’t Poland also sack Fernando Santos after losing to both Moldova and Albania….not even Lampard could manage that.

Didn’t Poland also sack Fernando Santos after losing to both Moldova and Albania….not even Lampard could manage that.
That's not fair, no one's given him a chance at managing at international level to achieve those feats.

They want a Richard now
[article]
Türkiye sack national team coach Kuntz after underwhelming stint

BY DAILY SABAH

ISTANBUL SEP 17, 2023 - 3:22 PM GMT+3

QATAR-WORLD-CUP-2022
Following a draw with Armenia during the Euro 2024 qualifiers and a subsequent loss to Japan in a friendly match, the German tactician Stefan Kuntz has been sacked as the head coach of the Turkish national football team.
The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) wasted no time in initiating the process to remove Kuntz after the disappointing series of results despite earlier reports that he would continue with the reins.

The Crescent-Stars faced off against Armenia in their fifth match of the Euro 2024 Qualifiers, ending the game in a 1-1 draw.
Türkiye's lone goal came in the 88th minute, courtesy of Bertuğ Yıldırım, while Armenia found the net in the 49th minute through Bichakhchyan.

In an international friendly match, the Turkish national team clashed with Japan, renewing their rivalry after 21 years.
Unfortunately, the Crescent Stars suffered a 4-2 loss against Japan who have been on fire lately.
The goals that secured Japan's victory were scored by Atsuki Ito in the 15th minute, Keito Nakamura in the 36th and 44th minutes, and Junya Ito from a penalty kick in the 78th minute.
Türkiye's goals, on the other hand, were netted by Ozan Kabak in the 44th minute and Bertuğ Yıldırım in the 61st minute.

The draw against Armenia and the loss to Japan put immense pressure on Stefan Kuntz, the coach of the national team.
Kuntz faced harsh criticism, especially after the loss to Japan.
During a press conference, he did not mince words when it came to his players, saying, "Rather than closing their ears, it is important to open their eyes. Players should reach the level where they give 100%. If they are not giving their 100%, it hurts me. Answers are provided on the field, not during interviews."
Many believed that Kuntz's critique was limited to his public statements.
However, it has come to light that the experienced coach also delivered a critical motivational speech during halftime in the match against Japan, in which Türkiye found themselves trailing 3-1.
Not satisfied with the performance on the pitch, Kuntz addressed the team in the dressing room, saying, "Gentlemen, are you aware of what you are playing? Do you genuinely think this style of play reflects well on you?"
At present, only Stefan Kuntz has been informed of the decision, with no information provided to his assistants.
Looking ahead to an important match against Croatia in the Euro 2024 Qualifiers Group D in October, there is speculation that Kenan Koçak, one of Kuntz's assistants, may take charge of the team.
If a new head coach is appointed, Kuntz's assistants may either be relieved of their duties or, if they agree, or continue in their roles under the new head coach.
According to unconfirmed reports, the Turkish Football Federation has reached an agreement with Italian coach Vincenzo Montella, who previously managed Adana Demirspor last season, to assume the role of the new head coach for the Turkish national team.
Vincenzo Montella, who led Adana Demirspor for two seasons, achieved a record of 38 wins, 17 draws, and 21 losses in 76 matches, maintaining an average of 1.72 points per game.
[/article]
Stephen Kenny's next

Ten Hag is building a team to win the Dutch league not the Prem.
And yet we have the good Dutch players and they don't

Utd are in a malaise that is only fixable by changing their top-down culture and these guys aren't gonna fire themselves. They were doing better under Woodward somehow

I'm not sure that last bit's true TBH. He kept their income stream healthy, yes, but it was on his watch that poor recruitment on and off the field began to seriously drag them down. Some of that was down to Woodward personally - e.g.they were seriously in for Jürgen before we were, but Woodward turned him and apparently his missus off by painting a picture of a business project rather than a footballing one. They were always going to suffer when Ginsoak b*ggered off, but having a banker rather than a football man in charge definitely exacerbated the effect of that in some respects. They may yet have further to fall before things turn around. Wot a shame.

Yeah, saw the game...Spinazzola aside they were absolutely spineless.

Kinda glad we didn't go for N'dicka, dude looks wack.

Mourinho is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom