• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sadio injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as he has had a knee scan it will be no problem putting stress on that ankle. ;)

According Bascombe we'll get the results from the scan later today. Feels like our season depends on how long he's out.
It's his knee, due to to the ankle twisting.
You can quite easily dislocate the knee of someone who's sat with his legs crossed if you grab hold of the ankle and twist with force.

You can quite easily dislocate the knee of someone who's sat with his legs crossed if you grab hold of the ankle and twist with force.

You'd like to think even our medical team could diagnose a dislocated knee.

We'll probably make an official statement that he's out for 8 weeks with a broken rib then.

I don't think it's a dislocated knee. There's a slight difference.

These are dislocated knees.

*Disclaimer: Not for the faint-hearted*

[vnsfw][/vnsfw]

Seeing as he has had a knee scan it will be no problem putting stress on that ankle. ;)

According Bascombe we'll get the results from the scan later today. Feels like our season depends on how long he's out.

His knee? One of these days one of my assumptions might put somebody into a wheelchair.

780aae9a86c6e2009f0da086eb22ae02.jpg

From Anfield HQ:

Exclusive: Klopp made to wait to discover scan results
Liverpool still await details on the extent of Sadio Mané’s injury after the forward limped out of Saturday’s Merseyside derby.

The Senegal international had a scan yesterday but Liverpool were today still waiting for definitive results after sources exclusively told Anfield HQ the club were still sweating over the 24-year-olds fitness as the swelling had yet to go down, meaning another scan was most likely undergone today.

If Mané has indeed had another scan today the results will be determined tomorrow, but Mané is a now a major doubt for Wednesday’s clash with Bournemouth at Anfield and could even miss Saturday’s trip to Stoke City. Klopp may provide an update tomorrow at Melwood where he will hold his pre-match media briefing.

He'll definitely miss Bournemouth by all accounts. I'd be over the moon if he's ok for Stoke.

"Swelling"

Hmmm, so that thing that happens when your ligaments and capillaries snap apart and blood flows out. That thing you can reduce or mitigate by not fucking jogging around and leaving the stadium on foot. Fuck me.

*prays for his flexibility to have saved him.

If that was me My leg would have snapped off.

I'm sure he'll be plenty flexible once all his bleeding ligaments are papered over with scar tissue. He won't be able to shoot for shit any more, but hey at least he'll be flexible.

Fuck me. I have a feeling I will be dreaming about putting my hands around that medics neck and suffocating the life out of him, then pummelling the shit out of his lifeless face. Then I'll wake up all angry and have a bad day.

He'll definitely miss Bournemouth by all accounts. I'd be over the moon if he's ok for Stoke.

I doubt it. If we're lucky maybe WBA in 2 weeks, but its impossible to know really. We need some luck and good news to say the least.

Yeah, that was my thinking aswell. Sprain and 2 weeks. With our luck it will be 4 weeks or something

My initial thoughts having seen it was potentially 6-8 weeks with cartilage damage, and even possible ligament damage. If it was a combination of cartilage and ligament damage he'd have potentially been in a knee brace leaving the ground and using crutches.

It's not uncommon leaving a scan for a few days due to the swelling.

Fingers crossed he won't be out long

Back in training. Could maybe be on the bench on Wednesday. Not that it counts for much.

I believe sturridge is ready to make a return, stub his toe and spend another 3 mknths in rehab, he was training the other day..

Not much good news coming from the journos tonight. Wont know until tomorrow but fears that he could be out for the rest of the season.
No cruciate damage to the ligamenta though.

At this stage, it remains unclear if Sadio Mane will be out for a few games or for the last two months of the campaign. (Chris Bascombe)

A complete diagnosis is expected in the next 24 hours for Mane but there was a palpable mood of anxiety at Melwood today. (Chris Bascombe)

Mané not believed to have sustained a cruciate ligament injury but swelling means scans unable to reveal extent.

Sadio Mané’s knee injury could be worse than Liverpool first fearedtheguardian.com

Fuck me. Were you serious about that application? Unless the other candidate is Eva Carnerio, I'd pick you.

When Mane went to AFCON, we had no one in the front 3 on form ... As I doubt he'll be playing much in the coming month, a rounding into form Coutinho will be the reason we finish top 4 or not ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom