• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sadio injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joyce reporting that he might need surgery on his meniscus. 2 months out if thats the case. Nobody knows yet mind.

Aye meniscus is cartilage. It depends if it's a tear in the meniscus, the type of tear and it's position. If it's the medial (inner) it could then damage the medial ligament as it has a close attachment. It all depends. As you say, nobody knows yet.

Aye meniscus is cartilage. It depends if it's a tear in the meniscus, the type of tear and it's position. If it's the medial (inner) it could then damage the medial ligament as it has a close attachment. It all depends. As you say, nobody knows yet.

Except all those twitter people who have inside info and know he'll be back in 3 weeks.

Well this highlights again how poor our recruitment was last summer and in the Jan window. Surely Klopp has got to bring a significant amount of reinforcements this summer, and I'm on about players for the first team too, not these fuckers like Origi, Grujic, Klavan, Lucas that are there to make up the numbers.
I just hope that he doesn't think that because people like Sturridge and Ings stay fit for 2wks in the summer that he doesn't need to buy any forwards.

From the Echo:

Liverpool winger Sadio Mane is likely to undergo knee surgery which will end his season.

The Reds will make a final decision in the next 48 hours over whether the Senegal international goes under the knife.

However, club medical staff fear that Liverpool's 13-goal top scorer will require a minor operation to repair damaged meniscus in his left knee. That would rule him out for eight weeks - meaning his season would be over.

Mane, who limped off during the second half of last Saturday's derby victory over Everton, is desperate to avoid an operation as he wants to get back and play his part in helping Jurgen Klopp's side secure Champions League qualification during the run-in.

Klopp ready to alter Liverpool style to deliver Champions League spot
As a result they have agreed to wait for the swelling around his left knee to go down. A further scan will then determine the next course of action.

But the chances of him playing again this season are increasingly slim. Surgery is now regarded as the most likely outcome which would mean that Mane misses Liverpool's remaining eight matches.

His absence would be a major blow with the 24-year-old proving a massive hit at Anfield following his £30million move from Southampton last summer. As well as scoring 13 league goals, Mane has also chipped in with five assists.

This time last season Origi was injured (well "assaulted" really) in the derby, when he was in a fine run or form, ended his season & some would say he has never recaptured that form.

Here's hoping history follows a slightly different course for Sadio

This time last season Origi was injured (well "assaulted" really) in the derby, when he was in a fine run or form, ended his season & some would say he has never recaptured that form.

Here's hoping history follows a slightly different course for Sadio
Ironic really, that of all the dangerous tackles from Everton on Saturday we should pick up the injury from an innocuous challenge with one of their least offensive players.

Shit.

That said, if the club is waiting a further 48 hours before deciding, it would suggest there was still significant swelling obscuring any definitive diagnosis, so i will cling in to this not being so bad

Ironic really, that of all the dangerous tackles from Everton on Saturday we should pick up the injury from an innocuous challenge with one of their least offensive players.
Its just a question of degree I guess ... they are all offensive :)

Terrible news of course. That said, if this forces Klopp into tweaking the system it might make us a little less predictable in the run-in games which as we all know are either all very winnable or all banana skins. And if we do get top 4, which I'm very confident we will, this gives Mane the full rest he will need after the ACN.

At first I didn't understand your confidence, you're not a fool or an idiot. But then I went to have a look at the scum's remaining fixtures. It's definitely worth doing.

That will depend entirely upon the way we draw nil nil. If we mange to perform well, demonstrate that we've learned and adapted, go ahead and dominate the game, but get fucked by the ref, then it may allow a modicum of hope for the coming fixtures.

If it is a regulation by the numbers nil nil, a carbon copy of how every other team have fucked us, then, yes then I will put my fury to one side and instead start compiling a list of clinical research trials in the field of cellular reconstruction, and then I will legally compel Sadio to sign up to every last one of them. Because of some clause in his insurance policy that can be bent and read according to my will. If he dies, he dies.

he won't die. He's virtually made of steel. A mere mortal's leg would have fallen off at the knee after that fall and consequent limb distortion.

That's a good point. If he is going to have surgery anyway, we may as well use the opportunity to acquire some steel cable and make a few surgical enhancements.

Sadio-Mane-KNEESPNG.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom