• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sadio injury update

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was actually one of the few decent follows on Twitter. Knows just about everything about injuries in the Premier League. Agreed about the title mind.

I actually had talksport on this morning, such a shamble of shite at times.

Mickey Quinn bragging about how his Anfield Insiders have told him that it's 2 weeks minimum, 3 weeks maximum - Fact. Made me think of him as a cross between Rafa and Dunc.

They had 2 callers on about Moyes, both mentioned that the S** was out of order for making a bigger deal out of "Slapgate" than necessary, Brazil, yes Alan, 'I'll fucken eat ya, ya wee jakey' Brazil cut both callers off at the knees at the mention of the rag... Errr next caller.

Even if it is 3 weeks, that's at least 4 of our remaining 8 games he will miss. Big blow, Origi will have to step up but encouraging signs against Everton that he is up for it.

It's not just the missing of Mane thats an issue, it means that Firmino will play out wide, he just isn't good enough in that position.

Klopp didnt sound very positive about the injury. If he can play any part in the final games of the season it will be bonus.

Fuck! Without him, top 4 will be difficult to say the least.

If anyone was to do a poll a few months back to ask which Liverpool player you would least want to lose, Mane would be top by a mile.

So obviously, he's the player who goes to the ACN for 4 weeks and then gets a serious injury a month later.

Hopefully we can cope slightly better than the dismal shitshow we came up with in January, but it still begs the question about how we're going to fucking score any goals

Arise sheyi Ojo! Or wilson. Or some cunt as long as he's a FUCKING WINGER

Wilson didnt play for the U-23s last night, so he'll at least be in the squad

Liverpool waiting for swelling on Sadio Mané's knee to subside; operation hasn't been ruled out, @_pauljoyce

An operation will end his season, no doubt.

It will be a real struggle now to make top 4. Shocking decision not to sign anyone in Jan.

If Coutinho comes back into form, we should be able to win games without Mane, we don't have to play anyone outside the top 6, stop with the doom and gloom.

Jürgen Klopp: Sadio Mané may not play again for Liverpool this season
• Senegal forward’s knee is still too swollen for clear prognosis
• Klopp says Liverpool must find a solution to top scorer’s absence

2576.jpg

Liverpool are still awaiting news over the extent of Sadio Mané’s knee injury that forced the Senegal international out of the Merseyside derby on Saturday. Photograph: Super/SilverHub/Rex/Shutterstock
  • View more sharing options
Shares

Andy Hunter
Tuesday 4 April 2017 09.21 EDTLast modified on Tuesday 4 April 2017 11.36 EDT
Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Sadio Mané could miss the rest of the season with a knee injury but insisted the setback should not derail Liverpool’s Champions League prospects.
Liverpool have yet to discover the full extent of the injury that forced Mané out of the Merseyside derby on Saturday as his knee is too swollen for scans to give a clear prognosis. “It is not 100% clear,” Klopp said.
ADVERTISING
“We have to wait until the knee is not that swollen any more. The only thing I can say for sure is that he will not be available for tomorrow [against Bournemouth]. All the rest we have to see. It is not very positive when it is like this. I cannot say at this exact time so we have to wait.”
The joshing, the slap-joke, the fallout: the Great Moyes Debate has begun

Marina Hyde
MarinaHyde.png

Read more
However, when asked if the injury was potentially season-ending for the Senegal international, Klopp replied: “Unfortunately that is possible but why should I say it now when I don’t know? The knee is swollen and we have to wait for the final assessment. Even then – especially then – the more difficult the situation the better it is to handle it.
“My job is to find solutions. This is a good situation: we have 59 points, we are in a nice position – yes a few teams have played less games than we have but they cannot win them all because they have to play each other. The whole season is to prepare the finish and this is the finishing part of the season. Eight games to go. We expect results from ourselves, we want to fight for everything. A few key players are not available at the moment but as long as we have 11 players to start and a few to bring on everything is fine.”
Mané has scored 13 goals in his debut season for Liverpool, who won only one of seven matches when he was absent at the Africa Cup of Nations in January, and his pace has been a major asset to Klopp’s side. But the Liverpool manager insists his squad are better equipped to cope without the forward at this stage of the campaign and hinted a more defensive approach may be required to secure a top-four finish.
Advertisement
Klopp, who has Daniel Sturridge back in training ahead of Bournemouth’s visit, said: “The big problem in January was not only Sadio missing – everyone would miss Sadio. Southampton probably still miss him, Red Bull Salzburg miss him. It was such a hard moment in January. We had all these games, it was not the freshest moment of the season, then we were missing Sadio in the shape he was in, plus we were missing Phil [Coutinho], which was not perfect.
“It is not about thinking ‘How can we play perfect football?’ now. We need to get results and the first thing I will think about is how we can defend against Bournemouth, not how can we create 27 chances. If we are strong and perfectly organised in defence then Bournemouth cannot get confidence in the game. We don’t think what we miss, we only think what we can do to win this football game.
“As a manager I can’t really remember the last time I had all the players available and the decisions to make were really difficult. The only job to do is play the best you are able to and not who you miss. We have the possibility to change formation. I am not sure we can line up similar to the last game but we have different options: we can bring in young boys, we can bring in experience up front, Milly can play on the wing. There are a lot of different things but do we miss Sadio? Yes. Do we miss Adam [Lallana]? Yes. Do we miss Hendo [Jordan Henderson]? Yes. But they are not for this game because they are not here.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom