• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So Swansea (League Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather fortunate win but Swansea didn't deserve the win either on the balance of play. Would've thought a draw and extra time to settle things would've been fair. Shocking red card and I'm surprised the referee didn't look like he was attending a funeral when he awarded that, as he'd looked really pained or constipated everytime he dished a yellow card earlier on.

Then again, Shelvey appeared to elbow Balotelli so a red was warranted for Swansea at some point anyway. A word on Balotelli - good goal but that was just an awful Drogba act there.

Balotelli looked like he was properly winding Shelvey up. Meh.

Anyways, I get what Modo is saying. I love watching Coutinho with the ball at his feet, it's great... the only problem comes when he decides to let go of it and then I'm totally with Ryan. So frustrating because you feel like he's on the cusp of being amazing but it's not happening.

Still smirking at Lovren's arms out celebration. He's some cocky cunt.

Happy with that win. Did not want extra time.

Heh, so true.

You seen his Instagram profile? Every pic is some serious me-time action.

Well that was a bit shite with a boss ending.

Like the opposite of a Stephen King book.

Ballotelli & Shelvey were properly going at it at full time, Mario had him well wound up.

Results of the other games:

Bournemouth 2 - 1 West Brom
MK Dons 1 - 2 Sheff Wed
Shrewsbury 1 - 2 Chelsea
Fulham 2 - 5 Derby

Tomorrow's games:
Man City - Newcastle
Stoke - Southampton
Spurs - Brighton

Excluding ourselves, the quarter finals will feature at least 3 other Premier League clubs. Derby is probably close to being a lower-half Premier League club right now.

Pascoe:

“It is great for Mario, he wants to work all the time,” said Pascoe. “He is a resilient lad with a tremendous talent. He wants to work on his movement and his finishing. We had to assess him before the game. He felt something in his knee during the warm-up and Mike Marsh [the first team coach] sent him in to see the physio.”

Watched their goal. Ball watching by Lovren was really disappointing gifted an opening. Very sluggish. Very poor.

Watched their goal. Ball watching by Lovren was really disappointing gifted an opening. Very sluggish. Very poor.

This. Really ponderous defending.

And as usual, the set up before that was gash too. Shelvey had so much space to run into, and should either have been tracked by Coutinho, or Lucas should've have been alert to the blank space in the middle and closed it earlier. Shelvey got lucky with the deflected pass, but he still had 4 full seconds to run into acres of space totally unwatched, then another 3 full seconds between receiving the ball, controlling it, shifting it to the other foot and hitting it straight at Lucas to deflect into the path of Taylor (?) who outran Borini to set up the goal. Just poor stuff all the way.

Funny how the tables were turned afterwards, with Shelvey poorly defending Borini, and Lovren getting in the winner.

Just for you @ILD

B1FTsxBCIAAo4Wl.jpg

JUST A LIL BIT OF MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom