• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Southampton (H) - FA Cup - Wed 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the most important player is Endo, so is he fit? You could probably rotate him when Spanish Steve starts training...
I think if we had him and Bradley in the squad against the Arse where we deserved to lose, the result would have been very different

I think the most important player is Endo, so is he fit? You could probably rotate him when Spanish Steve starts training...
I think if we had him and Bradley in the squad against the Arse where we deserved to lose, the result would have been very different
Zero chance he’s played every min and is in a boot.

I think many here are going to be disappointed by the strength of the lineup on Wednesday.
I can’t see the medical team risking anyone. If players who declared themselves fit for the final didn’t make the match day squad I can’t see any of the senior players who started yesterday starting if they have any fatigue which is inevitable

Pretty sure Endo was on crutches at the end of the game yesterday.

I
I can’t see the medical team risking anyone. If players who declared themselves fit for the final didn’t make the match day squad I can’t see any of the senior players who started yesterday starting if they have any fatigue which is inevitable
I still think you will be disappointed.

Like fresh red said.. I think you are going to be disappointed. This isn't FM. Southampton aren't a L2 team. It'll be a mix.

Like fresh red said.. I think you are going to be disappointed. This isn't FM. Southampton aren't a L2 team. It'll be a mix.
I genuinely think klopp has given up on this competition based on the needs of the season, and he's right to do so. There's a reason he said he's pretty sure it's his last time in Wembley.

To him, on a certain level, he finds this sort of fixture congestion fucking ludicrous and not his problem if he can't field a team. He is going to put out an academy side. Maybe konates plays? Maybe some bigger names on the bench. I can't think of anyone else who will start who is a first teamer.

It's not just this game either. It's the one after that, and the one after that. Pruning four games out when we are utterly devastated with injury is just sensible. We are going to have to limp through this part of the season without things getting worse, and then we need a ton of luck with midfield durability, keep our forwards fit, and get all our players back elsewhere.

Last edited:
Kelleher

Bradley
Quansah
Gomez
Tsimikas

Clark
Mac Allister
 McConnell

Gakpo
Danns
Elliott

That still feels a little light to me, but I can't think of anyone else.

I don't think Salah, Szoboszlai or Nunez will start but hopefully will all be back on the bench.

I obviously want us to go through but we are where we are with injuries and the FA Cup has to be lowest priority right now.
I like the look of that but if Virge is ok and no issues with fitness for this and Forest then I'd go with him and shift Gomez to RB (Bradders to get a breather)

@Modo - your f*cking name on that team-sheet now !!! - fly over and offer yourself for LFC, you can do 10 mins for us, you can.

I don't see how Elliot can possibly start. He's been shattered two games in a row.
I wouldn’t start him personally but it’s games like these that are made for squad players like him and it’s times like these where players need to step up and be counted for despite how many beats a minute your heart rate is doing so long as you don’t allow the tiredness to creep in mentally.

Even a chance at the league > other 2 cups.
We went for it all 2 years ago and fell short because we were knackered and lost confidence.
Protect the players at all costs.
You're sort of missing the point. Winning gives us a greater chance of the PL and losing less because of the Everton game being moved, then hopefully, we have players back.

I wouldn’t start him personally but it’s games like these that are made for squad players like him and it’s times like these where players need to step up and be counted for despite how many beats a minute your heart rate is doing so long as you don’t allow the tiredness to creep in mentally.
He's not a squad player right now though. He's a nailed on starter. The amount of energy he still has in the dying minutes is insane, but it's not limitless. Szobo was a victim of his own battery, let's not kill The Boy, or we will kill our midfield.

Winning a cup final with extra time takes more out of you than a normal Sunday game.
Rest everyone that we can who started.
It’s not about who might be able to play this. It’s about having a team ready for the two big league games.
The FA Cup and the EL can fuck off at this stage.
With Trent still in a knee brace we must protect Bradley.
Hey - I already have my Dublin hotel booked & paid for! And I was stood next to a fella a few years older than me yesterday who said it was going to be his last final & he was giving up after this ... by the end we were making arrangements to meet up in Dublin.

By all means ease up on the FA Cup, but I want one more big night out with Klopp when the new PL champions are in just one more final

Would say some of the seniors can easily play 60 mins. Therefore

Caoimh
Gomez Quansah Virg Tsimi
McConnell Macca Clark
Elliott Danns Gakpo

With Ibou on for Virg at 45/60 when we are already 2-0 up

Take Elliott and Gakpo and Macca off as well at some point

Rest Diaz for sure, rest Endo, rest Robbo. Would guess Nuñez and Szobo are fit enough for the bench

Guys of the two youngsters that played well in midfield which one played the best out of Clarke and the other lad (whose name I cannot spell) - help me out, coz I could not recognise the difference between them on TV.

Guys of the two youngsters that played well in midfield which one played the best out of Clarke and the other lad (whose name I cannot spell) - help me out, coz I could not recognise the difference between them on TV.
McConnell is a 6 and Clark an 8.

They both played well, but Clark caught the eye more by winning every physical challenge he’s been involved in. He looks physically ready for EPL.

Come on, we are on our last legs here and losing players nearly every game. We have to protect our key positions where we have little cover either through injuries or lack of cover.

It's a home game with a full house just after we blitzed Chelsea in a cup final with youngsters playing a key part against a Southampton side who also have other priorities.

The other factor however is we have a Youth Cup quarter final away to Leeds on Thursday with a semi final v Millwall if we win. Can this be postponed? Doubt it. It's a big deal for the Academy.

I'm still drained after the final yesterday, how the fuck does Klopp and the medical team juggle all this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom