• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Southampton (H) - FA Cup - Wed 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Fraser injured on the weekend is out as is David Brooks who is cup tied. 2 players that have given us a torrid time in the past so I'm happy with that.

He's been incredible though. I think we're starting to see what he's about. Which is covering an absolute acre and not dropping it. He's grown a lot in this past series of games too.

He’s another be people were too quick to write off - he works his arse off for the team.

Insane game between Luton and City. 5 goals for Haaland (with 4 assists for KdB who was truly brilliant) that could have been 7 ... but where was the Luton defence all night? And the keeper - wow. Luton even brought it back to 2-3 with a sensational goal from Clark - the goal of the game.

He's been incredible though. I think we're starting to see what he's about. Which is covering an absolute acre and not dropping it. He's grown a lot in this past series of games too.
Dare I suggest a lallana 2.0. hopefully with more end product though

Dare I suggest a lallana 2.0. hopefully with more end product though

He could be compared to Lallana, Kieta, Shaquiri 2.0 - except he doesn’t break as easily.

I think, while you can argue each of those had parts of their game better than The Boy (although he is just 20), Garvey has a wider range of skills as all of them and can play in multiple positions.

He could be compared to Lallana, Kieta, Shaquiri 2.0 - except he doesn’t break as easily.

I think, while you can argue each of those had parts of their game better than The Boy (although he is just 20), Garvey has a wider range of skills as all of them and can play in multiple positions.

I've never been so offended for someone else

Fucking keita??

Shaquiri is a good shout though Shaq's range of passing is better.

Anyone knows why Shaq never made it for us. He is no worse than The Boy besides maybe the workrate but he has a wand of a left foot.

Shaq didn't cover a quarter of the space The Boy patrols, and Keita was just a different kind of midfielder. I think Fabio's Lallana shout is closer. He's just everywhere, constantly looking for a job to do. One thing he'll never be accused of is hiding in a game.

Shaquiri is a good shout though Shaq's range of passing is better.

Anyone knows why Shaq never made it for us. He is no worse than The Boy besides maybe the workrate but he has a wand of a left foot.
Because of his persistent injuries. His body is just built wrong and the quickness that propelled his career in Basel was long gone.

Lallana was seriously hampered by injuries too though. I know he was yet another (English) one you didn't like.
Nope, a lot of running around and no end product. We paid Suarez money for him and didn't really improve at all.
I honestly can't remember anything special Lallana did, except for that Norwich goal och and Man U goal.

Southampton

10/2 Huddersfield (H) 5-3
13/2 Bristol City (A) 1-3
16/2 West Brom (A) 2-0
20/2 Hull City (H) 1-2
24/2 Millwall (H) 1-2

Given they got through to play us by winning mid-week (on the 6th) they have played twice a week all month. This will be their 8th game in February!

Last edited:
In the same thread someone posted this line up, claiming it's the leaked one:

Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah
VVD
Tsimikas
McConnell
Clark
Koumas
Elliott
Gakpo
Danns

This can't be the team. Impossible.
Van Dijk starting after playing 120 mins?
No Nunez, Salah, Szobo?

If I was Elliott and someone called me Lallana like, I'd be pissed off.
I get that. The benefit of the comparison is lallana gave 100% all the time, and as I said, I hope he's the 2.0 version with end product. He'd be unstoppable

I get that. The benefit of the comparison is lallana gave 100% all the time, and as I said, I hope he's the 2.0 version with end product. He'd be unstoppable
Yeah I think there's more to Elliott than just being a Lallana.

No Nunez, Salah, Szobo?
Did anyone expect them to start?

Wouldn't surprise me if Virgil started tbh, he seems to be the only 1 in the team immune to picking up random injuries unless he's assaulted out of nowhere.

Did anyone expect them to start?

Wouldn't surprise me if Virgil started tbh, he seems to be the only 1 in the team immune to picking up random injuries.
Why not? Seems like the right opponent and at home too.

Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah
VVD
Tsimikas
McConnell
Clark
Koumas
Elliott
Gakpo
Danns

No Nunez, Salah, Szobo?

We need some form of experience, so we may as play the captain. It's be ideal if we didn't, but hopefully we can sub him on 60 with the game safe

Isn't koumas a winger/striker? Or am I misguided.

I doubt Salah, szob or Nunez would start. Maybe bench.

Yeah I think there's more to Elliott than just being a Lallana.
100%. Lads 20 but his work rate is phenomenal. Physically a little slight, not the quickest, so the lallana comparison felt right. He's a lot more creative though, and arguably a lot more confident on the ball

We need some form of experience, so we may as play the captain. It's be ideal if we didn't, but hopefully we can sub him on 60 with the game safe

Isn't koumas a winger/striker? Or am I misguided.

I doubt Salah, szob or Nunez would start. Maybe bench.
Koumas should be played further forward yes, and Elliott in midfield.
Koumas was originally a midfielder though.

Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah
VVD
Tsimikas
McConnell
Clark
Koumas
Elliott
Gakpo
Danns

No Nunez, Salah, Szobo?
What same thread? The Saints' one? How would they know whereas we don't?!

Football fans are dickheads wherever you look, aren't they? Man City have the bus attack, Southhampton have the illegal approach to Van Dijk....

This is the bit where injuries to key players 'improve unexpectedly'.

The Klopp love-in is insufferable.

Somebody should remind the media of the illegal approach to VVD which was his foundation.

Love it when they say the "Klopp love in" is this, that and the other, it comes with the territory considering we are the biggest club in this country.......& yet they don't have to listen or pay attention to any of it, they choose to. The fact is these people are probably unemployed for 1 and secondly spend half their day sat in front of their TV catching up on all the football shows out there.

I have no idea how blown out of proportion or how much arse kissing was going on at Utd during the Fergie era or Chelsea during Jose's first reign.....why? Simply because I didn't care.

People saying stuff like the above are the biggest hypocrites seeing as they're the same people tuning in and giving it attention. Wankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom