• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Team/Club in transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness Macca, last seasons defence ( which had one of he best records in the league) is still available to us. I dont think anyone would have precicted that it would become so soft-centred, even allowing for the changes that have had to be made.

The defence may have been third best in the league in terms of goals conceded but it still wasn't particularly good by normal standards.

Most teams have forgotten how to defend now that everyone wants to be Barcelona

Its like an economy Macca, it doesn't suddenly turn shit overnight and it won't magically turn around overnight.

We've pretty much bottomed out now. It's all upwards after this season
Wow optimism!

The defence may have been third best in the league in terms of goals conceded but it still wasn't particularly good by normal standards.

Most teams have forgotten how to defend now that everyone wants to be Barcelona

By performance standards they were the third best defence in the league. This year they are shit.

By mentioning performance standards it doesn't make it a good defence. It was third best in a league full of shit defences.

It's the equivalent of being named the best looking woman in Leitrim, she might be the best but she's still fcuking ugly

Its like an economy Macca, it doesn't suddenly turn shit overnight and it won't magically turn around overnight.

We've pretty much bottomed out now. It's all upwards after this season

Careful there, remember how everyone said Stewart Downing bottomed out last season? This season, he is singlehandedly proving that there's either no such thing as rock bottom, or that things don't actually get better after rock bottom.

Careful there, remember how everyone said Stewart Downing bottomed out last season? This season, he is singlehandedly proving that there's either no such thing as rock bottom, or that things don't actually get better after rock bottom.

He has hit a few game winning goals this year - something that we could have used last year.

Two in the Europa League? Ok, he's still dogshit though. Somehow, an England international has gone into an away match teamed up with a bunch of kids, and came away with less credit than them.

we need at least 2 very good strikers in addition to our world class suarez. we lack firepower. our midfield adn defence are relatively respectable.

But footballers are more like women than economies. Great in their early twenties but by the time they reach their thirties they aren't worth it any more.

I read this in every thread, as a hidden or open excuse that we should not expect to perform well.

I am curious when this transition state started.

We have the exact same problems now as we had before Rafa took over. We fail to captilize on and off the pitch, and we are constantly hiding behind that we will sooner or later perform. I am not blaming Rodgers anything here, but he has the same symptoms as any other Liverpool manager has had the last 2 decades; Talking about the ones he doesnt have, and asking for patience.

When will this transition period end? Anyone have any idea?

Has this become or pillow, our excuse to not kill of games and grab points. Has this become the standard for our club?

If you honestly need an answer to that then I would suggest that a rational conversation here is wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom