• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

THE ASHES

Limited the damage at least.

Let's hope the middle order can keep their decent form going & get a couple of hundred tomorrow.

We ant keep on relying on Bell and Bairstow. Prior has no form and the rest aren't batsmen.

Petersen should be dropped IMO. Added nothing in 4 innings, surely Compton deserves a chance.

Petersen should be dropped IMO. Added nothing in 4 innings, surely Compton deserves a chance.

LOL! That's crazy mate. He's been pretty poor thus far but KP will come good. There is too much class there. You might as well say drop Cook!

LOL! That's crazy mate. He's been pretty poor thus far but KP will come good. There is too much class there. You might as well say drop Cook!

Peterson is coming back from a long lay off. Compton whilst inexperienced, is in very good form. We can't keep relying on Bell and Trott, while Root, Prior, Petersen and to a lesser extent Cook let down the batting. Better form from the top 4 would have seen both these matches done and dusted with no drama.

It's not good enough against the poorest Aussie side I've ever seen in over 30 years of watching test cricket.

Fuck off cricket.

What a collection of dismissals they were. Watson getting caught plumb and thinking he's still a chance. Hughes furious at the umpires decision - DONT FUCKING SWING AT THINGS 6 FEET FROM OFF WHEN YOU'RE ON 1 YOU DIPSHIT. Rogers. What. The. Fuck. Khawaja got bored after 6 minutes, and 3 Swann deliveries. Haddin thought he was Manny fcuking Ortiz. And then a bunch of complete slop from the tail.

I wouldn't worry FFF. England could be bowled out for 40 here and they'd still win this test.

Rogers was the one who told Watson he should review it, and then after he got that call wrong he didn't want to chance another review loss by checking his own.................HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

This is yet another strange game. The three wickets England lost at the start of their second innings would seem to be sowing the seeds of doubt about the inevitability of an England victory. However, England don't need to score that many runs before the target becomes unrealistic for Australia. At the moment it seems that when the hardness has gone from the new ball, batting becomes easy and the middle-order make hay. That's whay I'm hoping for anyway. 😉

Yep England all out for 150 - 200 I would be ok (ish) with. Be great to bat all day though. Hammer the advantage home.

Lunch - A little embarrassing for Australia really. Brilliant from Bresnan and Root though.

Might have to watch it on sky go on Monday. Completely forgot I had it. Proper fucked off with myself for that!

Oops. Poor the Aussies.

I suppose it'll grate on them, but in reality I don't think it'll matter too much considering the score.

That was deffo a clean catch. I remember seeing the demo that Gower has been harping on about and that proved 100% what he has been saying.

The history books would suggest that Australia are dead and buried in this match. They would have to smash the record for chasing a target at Lords, and let's face it this Aussie side is not going to do thst.

We should post a 550+ lead and then just put everyone in the slips. My instructions to the fielders would be to constasntly remind the aussie batsman about how shite they are.

We should post a 550+ lead and then just put everyone in the slips. My instructions to the fielders would be to constasntly remind the aussie batsman about how shite they are.

I was at a one-day game at Old Trafford a few years ago when the Aussies did exactly that to England. They had 7 players in the slip cordon.

That's the wonderful thing about the Ashes for us old codgers. The Aussies used to take such delight in humiliating England in those days, that we can do it to them now without mercy. 🙂

I was at a one-day game at Old Trafford a few years ago when the Aussies did exactly that to England. They had 7 players in the slip cordon.

That's the wonderful thing about the Ashes for us old codgers. The Aussies used to take such delight in humiliating England in those days, that we can do it to them now without mercy. 🙂

Yep, they lauded it over us and were smug and arrogant about it. Time for them to be humiliated in a similar fashion.

Yep, they lauded it over us and were smug and arrogant about it. Time for them to be humiliated in a similar fashion.

It's especially nice to see Bell getting centuries against them, as they were particularly spiteful to him when he was a young player. 🙂

The aussies must be fucking embarrassed by that today.

Great show from Root.

What does everyone think they'll do tomorrow? Bat on & on (if not out) or declare at some point?

Be nice if Root could get to 200!

The aussies must be fucking embarrassed by that today.

Great show from Root.

What does everyone think they'll do tomorrow? Bat on & on (if not out) or declare at some point?

Be nice if Root could get to 200!

Probably play till root gets his 200, then declare..

Whether or not to declare is tricky. England don't need two whole days to get the Aussies out, and there's no chance of rain. So there isn't any hurry. The England camp tend to avoid declaring unless they really have to.

I think they'll declare first thing in the morning.

Great innings by Root.

Unless Bairstow can develop his keeping skills, I don't think he'll have a long test match career.

Exactly!

If the series carries on like this I just hope we don't start messing about with team selection, it's not often that we get the chance to truly smash them.

It used to be hard to watch previous England skippers fall apart piece by piece after yet another ashes test match defeat, i'm rather looking forward to seeing that happen to Clark.

Whether or not to declare is tricky. England don't need two whole days to get the Aussies out, and there's no chance of rain. So there isn't any hurry. The England camp tend to avoid declaring unless they really have to.

Apart from letting root have a crack at getting 200 I don't really see the point in not declaring mate. They know they can't win from here now, so I wouldn't want to give them even the slightest bit of hope by eating into the 2 remaining days play.

Back
Top Bottom