• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The business of football - what do you want to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking to a fellow who works in maritime law, someone he went to uni with works for the law firm that Beckham uses. Appaz he had them write him a shagging contract that he gives out to women that he wants to shag so they don't spill the beans.

Becks is ahead of the curve on that one

I'm guessing if that allegation was put to Beckham he'd say he never fucked a bowl of cornflakes.

Who’s the biggest arsehole you know in football?

what’s the biggest scandal / gossip you have?

How much are opposition managers/refs/pundits/owners etc get paid to ensure the titles goes back to Klanfield?

Is it similar to the transfers, spread over three years? Or more of a single payment affair?

Like how far does that shit go?

Wrong forum, am sure my opposite number at the Fume will be happy educate you

Can you change all the names in the story so we can't guess who it is?

I know this is the kind of stuff you'll want to hear, but to be honest most of the gossip that does the rounds at clubs doesn't relate to anyone you'd be remotely interested in. If you don't work at the training ground (I didn't) then you wouldn't usually hear about anything affecting the people with a public profile.

Like the transfer fee, this will usually be split into 3 annual instalments.

So for a fee of £40m, you can add about £7m in additional costs. The payment profile for this will be:

Year 1 - £16.7m (because of the extra £1.6m levy)
Years 2 and 3 - £15.1m

Consideration of impact on LFC to follow...
what daniel levy had to do with our transfer? why are we paying him?

Do sportswear manufacturers actually put money towards any transfers? Obviously Nike are about to buy us Mbappe but is this common?

Do sportswear manufacturers actually put money towards any transfers? Obviously Nike are about to buy us Mbappe but is this common?

No they don't. It's difficult to see how an arrangement like this could happen without breaching third party ownership rules. This is one area where I think City are on a sticky wicket with UEFA / FIFA if the Footyleaks revelations are true. They will argue it's OK because they have only diverted payments for image rights into another group company, I think that's dubious.

I could see a sportswear company agreeing a deal with a club in return for a club making a player do brand ambassador work, but it'd probably be easier (and cheaper) for them to cut a deal directly with the player.

Did Rafael Da Silva really get a frozen hot dog stuck up his anus?

How often are embarrassing injuries covered up with more official sounding injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom