• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiagone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coutinho arrived a playmaker, and then he discovered the cutting in from the left and shoot routine and became predictable and boring.
Coutinho predictable and boring? WTF.

Firstly that was not all he did, his passing was on another level....some of his link up/give and go with Suarez/Sturridge was the best I've ever seen & was 1 of the most joyous players to watch in the Prem era.

He'd be an incredibly useful option to bring off the bench week in week out. With a better midfield we can rely on, he could be a luxury player we could really use over a season.
Disagree. He takes a long time to get up to speed. The West Ham game, he came on and was all over the place. He almost gave the game away with that stupid tackle in the box. These days he struggle to get hold of the ball, let alone do something useful with it. Without the ball, he is usually falling over everywhere. And he can't get himself fit.

SELL.

Coutinho predictable and boring? WTF.

Firstly that was not all he did, his passing was on another level....some of his link up/give and go with Suarez/Sturridge was the best I've ever seen & was 1 of the most joyous players to watch in the Prem era.

My point is, he stopped passing and went for glory 9 out of 10 times.

Thiago needs a minder, and we need midfielders who can hold their own defensively.
Fabs was overworked last season, having to cover for the aged.

In terms of technical ability then yes by some distance but in terms of importance to a successful Liverpool side then he's 3rd.

1. Hendo
  2. Gini
  3. Thiago
  4. Fuck me this is where it starts to get hard, Meireles.
  5. Allen
Not gonna bother with the other 3.

Poor the James Milner…

My point is, he stopped passing and went for glory 9 out of 10 times.
I don't think he ever stopped passing, that's a ridiculous thing to say Tomas!!!! :mad::mad:

In every season he usually registered equal or more assists/chances created than shots taken.....plus with goals he was scoring, could anyone blame him for trying it on.

I'm hoping between them, this is what AlexiMac and DomSzobo can provide for us....as well as other things of course.

Poor the James Milner…
Milner's a hero. Don't think there was a position on the pitch he didn't play for us!!!

LB, RB, LM, DM, CM. Can defend, can attack, can organise and marshall a midfield. He's like our 2020s Ronnie Whelan!!!!

In an ideal world Thiago stays, we sign Thuram, Lavia & Colwill and collectively sex wee in our pants.

The likelihood is, though, that we’ll need to move an OS player if we want to sign more than one more player because the HG players are going to be tricky and it’s likely to be Thiago or Matip, Thiago is the most likely because we can cover his position more effectively with the players we have.

Let’s not kid ourselves though - we didn’t see the best of Thiago while he was here and he’ll barely be missed.

He is clearly a good player, and it really isn't a good idea to be making big changes all at once. You need some continuity, especially at the start of the season.

On the other hand, he is frustratingly unreliable. If we need to have some senior players to balance the team, or bring on to change the game then chances are he wouldn't be fit anyway!

It's a shame really, as he would have probably been the kind of player who could play on well into his thirties, but the injuries are not likely to stop.

I'd be happy to see him stay, but if we do need the squad space then he is the obvious one to go.

Losing Thiago would probably be 1 too many experienced players gone at once but the truth is we needed to be ruthless with this squad years ago. Not offering any of the players that left new deals was the first step.

We still have Ali / Robbo / Virgil at the back plus Hendo and Mo to guide and push those around them.

We anyway need to prepare for a squad without Thiago in a year. I also believe, with Trent's new role, Thiago will be needed even less.

Given his wages, injury record, and age, I don't think there will be offers for him. He also does not feel like the type to go to Saudi league. I also think Klopp will be loyal to him as he turned down the contract offer at Bayern to join the Klopp project. Klopp, rightfully, will not push him out of the door unless there is an offer which is interesting to Thiago.

Losing Thiago would probably be 1 too many experienced players gone at once but the truth is we needed to be ruthless with this squad years ago. Not offering any of the players that left new deals was the first step.

We still have Ali / Robbo / Virgil at the back plus Hendo and Mo to guide and push those around them.

You could consider Fabs an experienced old head as well in that Leadership group.

That’s enough.

I’m with the general sentiment that we don’t “need” to sell him and he does have his uses - but if there’s a buyer and it’s the difference between signing someone like Thuram or not - then it’s a risk worth taking.

Otherwise we’re just kicking the can down the road till next summer.

At his best, he's probably the best midfielder I've seen play for Liverpool since Xabi.
Obviously Gerrard was on a different level, but I mean like a sitting midfielder, playmaker type.

I'm not having this. Thiago looked good doing shit. But he mostly didn't do anything remarkable. He also caused problems and did have a downside. He just really stood out because he was the only bit of technique in a team bereft of it in midfield. Why should I think he's on some unbelievable level, if that level isn't actually doing much for us?

Case in point is every time he looped a floaty one with the outside of his boot. Oooh, pretty. Meanwhile it's a slower ball and he could have driven it.

He's obviously a great player. He was an absolute luxury and a stupid purchase for us.

I'm not having this. Thiago looked good doing shit. But he mostly didn't do anything remarkable. He also caused problems and did have a downside. He just really stood out because he was the only bit of technique in a team bereft of it in midfield. Why should I think he's on some unbelievable level, if that level isn't actually doing much for us?

Case in point is every time he looped a floaty one with the outside of his boot. Oooh, pretty. Meanwhile it's a slower ball and he could have driven it.

He's obviously a great player. He was an absolute luxury and a stupid purchase for us.
I'm talking in terms of skill.

I think much of Thiago's skill turned out to be an ornament, not a weapon. Doesn't that matter?
Did it though?
I mean he was part of the team that almost won the quadruple and if I remember it correctly we did miss him in some important games that season.

If you want to see him as some Aqualini type signing that's your prerogative, but I can't just forget that the Thiago Fabs tandem was world class at times that season.

Did it though?
I mean he was part of the team that almost won the quadruple and if I remember it correctly we did miss him in some important games that season.

If you want to see him as some Aqualini type signing that's your prerogative, but I can't just forget that the Thiago Fabs tandem was world class at times that season.

Whoever said he is like an Aqualini type signing is a joke, in my memory I have just one home game memory where Aqualini played, did he even play more than one game ? Thiago has been good for the 95% of games he has played, it's not his fault that in his debut season - that cunt from Everton tried to snap his leg off, and its not his fault he had to be the all action midfielder for the games he was used in last season - and continuously used at that. It's not his fault he had to put in double shifts to try and cover for Fabinhio, and Henderson when the three of them played together. But @Modo is right - when he was available and when those other two cripples were available and Klopp started to rotate we nearly won the quad. I don't want him to leave - but that might happen if we sign both Thuram, and Lavia.

I haven’t seen anyone mention the development benefit (Badger in particular plus other young midfielders) of keeping Thiago around…but that’s hardly worth 200k a week all things considered.

I’m expecting a raft of Saudi offers to come in for him in the next week or two, or PSG might take a punt on him.

Did it though?

Who said anything about aquilani. There is a fair distance between aquilani and "the best since gerrard."

Who said anything about aquilani. There is a fair distance between aquilani and "the best since gerrard."
True you didn't explicitly call him Aqualini, I just think he had more impact than you make it seem like

Like I said before, I simply don’t see the value of Thiago in the current iteration of this team. His best qualities are covered elsewhere: Trent with progressive passing (more incisive than Thiago), Mac Allister with ability to control tempo and make right decisions, Curtis and (hopefully) Thuram with press-resistance and ball-carrying. If you build the midfield around Trent, as we absolutely should do, Thiago doesn’t complement him all that well, so he won’t be a starter and he’s too expensive to sit on the bench, not would he want to anyway.

Is he our best midfielder since Gerrard? Probably yes. But his time as an essential player for this team has passed.

He's one of the smartest and most talented players I've seen put our kit on.

He's also completely surplus to requirements and we won't miss him much more than Arthur, should he go.

I sex wee a little bit everytime he gets on the ball but he really doesn't suit our play or contribute that much to results.

I really like Thiago, but if we're being ruthless about this, we aren't getting the best value out of him, both in terms of game time and how he fits in with our system, it perhaps makes more sense to move him on. I'd be gutted though, he's fantastic to watch whenever he gets to play.

I really like Thiago, but if we're being ruthless about this, we aren't getting the best value out of him, both in terms of game time and how he fits in with our system, it perhaps makes more sense to move him on. I'd be gutted though, he's fantastic to watch whenever he gets to play.

It’s a lose lose situation for the club, if we sell we get peanuts…if he stays he plays about 10 games. The likelihood is he’ll hang around until next season so enjoy the last 10 games you’ll see of him in a red shirt.

It’s a lose lose situation for the club, if we sell we get peanuts…if he stays he plays about 10 games. The likelihood is he’ll hang around until next season so enjoy the last 10 games you’ll see of him in a red shirt.

If we sell, we save on wages + add one spot to our non-homegrown quota. Not completely a lose-lose.

If we sell, we save on wages + add one spot to our non-homegrown quota. Not completely a lose-lose.

There’s no guarantee we use that spot this summer and its only advantageous if we do use it this summer…the 10m wages I guess would be nice to pocket.

If Fene do wanna deal then we should see if they’d accept for Guler, Thiago + £5m and maybe stay with them on loan for a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom