• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiagone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's difficult for me to imagine that we buy two mids for a combined £100 mill or so, only to have them on the bench.
So let's say we start with Fabs, Mac and Szobo. We can't have Hendo, Thiago, Jones, Elliott, Bajetic on the bench at the same time. Add Jota and potentially Nunez to that equation as well and it just doesn't add up.
One of our midfielders has to go and if all this talk about Thuram is true, someone really has to go.

Last edited:
It's difficult for me to imagine that we buy two mids for a combined £100 mill or so, only to have them on the bench.
So let's say we start with Fabs, Mac and Hobo. We can't have Hendo, Thiago, Jones, Elliott, Bajetic on the bench at the same time. Add Jota and potentially Nunez to that equation as well and it just doesn't add up.
One of our midfielders has to go and if all this talk about Thuram is true, someone really has to go.

Hobo???

We can't have Hendo, Thiago, Jones, Elliott, Bajetic on the bench at the same time

If we get a DM in, it's possible Baj and Harvey will both go on loan....maybe Harvey gets sold....Thiago as well.

Hendo is going to be here until the end of time and Jones I don't see us selling unless an absurd offer arrives.

If we get a DM in, it's possible Baj and Harvey will both go on loan....maybe Harvey gets sold....Thiago as well.

Hendo is going to be here until the end of time and Jones I don't see us selling unless an absurd offer arrives.
Yeah and I think Elliott should go out on loan. Bajetic should stick around, cause we need a backup DM.

Elliott just doesn't fit in our system. I really don't want to be harsh but the kid is slow as fuck and he can't cope with the physical demands of playing in the LFC system. He's a liability to be honest.

Last edited:
Yeah and I think Elliott should go out on loan. Bajetic should stick around, cause we need a backup DM.

Elliott just doesn't fit in our system. I really don't want to be harsh but the kid is slow as fuck and he can't cope with the physical demands of playing in the LFC system. He's a liability to be honest.

Don't find any of that harsh, pretty accurate if not spot on tbh.

I watched every single game we played last season bar Derby in the cup and Soton on the final day. (quite amazing how many of our games last season were shown live in the UK tbh) and from where I was sat, Elliott stuck out like a sore thumb.....felt sorry for him at times, looked like he was caught between a rock and a hard place....struggled immensely defensively, he has a nice left foot and neat and tidy in possession most times but he doesn't really influence the game in any capacity.

Don't find any of that harsh, pretty accurate if not spot on tbh.

I watched every single game we played last season bar Derby in the cup and Soton on the final day. (quite amazing how many of our games last season were shown live in the UK tbh) and from where I was sat, Elliott stuck out like a sore thumb.....felt sorry for him at times, looked like he was caught between a rock and a hard place....struggled immensely defensively, he has a nice left foot and neat and tidy in possession most times but he doesn't really influence the game in any capacity.
Pretty much what I've noticed. It's just strange seeing him defend, almost comical.
I've seen tiny world class players play in midfield, like Makelele, Kante, Mascherano etc. They compensated for their short stature with agility and timing. Something Elliott seems to lack.

Last edited:
Pretty much what I've noticed. It's just strange seeing him defending, almost comical.
I've seen world class tiny world class players play in midfield, like Makelele, Kante, Mascherano etc. They compensated for their short stature with agility and timing. Something Elliott seems to lack.

I would have liked to see him get minutes at the Jones style LCM. Not as important defensively, but shackles more off.

Pretty much what I've noticed. It's just strange seeing him defend, almost comical.
I've seen world class tiny world class players play in midfield, like Makelele, Kante, Mascherano etc. They compensated for their short stature with agility and timing. Something Elliott seems to lack.

Could you imagine a little terrier like that in our XI now....the missing jigsaw.

Someone like a prime Verrati, good grief. We'd win it all.

I would have liked to see him get minutes at the Jones style LCM. Not as important defensively, but shackles more off.
Jones does his fair share of defending though, not like Gini or Hendo but it's a vital part of our midfield and the same will be expected of Szobo and Mac.

With Trent playing in an advanced role we can't afford to have another player on the pitch that's semi exempt from defending.

Thiago, what could we get? £20M?
giphy.gif

You know shits hit the fan when players start adding/removing/liking/retweeting/sharing/resharing/poking and all that other fun crap no one cares about on social media.

Didn't Thiago post up few weeks ago he was rearing to go for the new season....in a Liverpool kit?
When the shits start hitting the fans, it's time to move the shits on, fee or no fee

I have never understood at all why we insist on playing him on the right. It's bizarre. He's so obviously more suited to the left side where he'd have more of the pitch open to his left foot. I think it's much easier to get away with a lack of athleticism if you're on your natural side, too. You don't have to hold the ball as long and travel with it etc.

It's a really glaring error imo.

He’s a talented player but the injury record just ain’t great. Even if we just end up signing the two mids we already have, I can’t see him starting much at all. Probably best for all parties he leaves

Weird move really. Didn't fit perfectly but he was sexy to watch when he wasn't giving the ball away. Some great moments but not the game changer we wanted

If we can get 30m+ for him then that’s a good outcome but any less and I’d rather keep him and use sparingly or as an impact sub in midfield as when fit he’s our best midfielder.

If we can get 30m+ for him then that’s a good outcome but any less and I’d rather keep him and use sparingly or as an impact sub in midfield as when fit he’s our best midfielder.
We got him for 20, so if we made even 15m back + saved wages, I’d be happy with us getting rid.

Yeah given we that’s more than we paid for him - he’s older, more injury prone and available on a free in 12 months (if he survives).

Unless whoever signs him has employed Donner Van or Moron to lead the negotiations - I can’t see anyone being that removed from reality.

We’ll be doing well to get £10m and not be paying part of his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom