• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiagone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fab Hendo Thiago + Ox Milner Naby all leaving in the space of a few months?

It's like all our prayers and hopes have been answered.

surely that can’t be the case. Massive risk if it is. One of Fabs Hendo or Thiago has to stay at the very least

surely that can’t be the case. Massive risk if it is. One of Fabs Hendo or Thiago has to stay at the very least
Why is it a risk? Get the needed replacements in and we'll be good to go.

Has the atrocity of last season already evaporated from your memory? What good did an injury prone Thiago, legless Fab and unenergetic Hendo do for us? Zero.

Fair point, but it takes time to bed in new players even with a pre season. Then there’s the dressing room dynamic etc. dunno bro, still seems risky to me

Fair point, but it takes time to bed in new players even with a pre season. Then there’s the dressing room dynamic etc. dunno bro, still seems risky to me

It's what we have the best manager in the world to do, don't sweat it.

If you ignore the fact they were owned by nation states and focus how they got from point A to B, look at Newcastle and City.....both got rid of their trash and replaced with a whole bunch of players and they went from relegation fodder/mid table to playing in the CL.

Part and parcel of football, now bringing back into account their owned by nation states.....doesn't mean it stops us from doing just that under anybody else, included yanks.

We were 3 midfielders short start last season (in my view of course only with injury record of our starting 3), 3 left end of last season, we brought 2 new start of this season. So feels like still short and then if we sell our starting 3 from last season, how many are we still down net?
Hmmm…
Guess I didn’t factor in the Jones so he should be able to cover the net gap…

We have enough senior players in the team, so what if they are not in midfield. If they all go then we have to trust Klopp to get it right on the pitch. Better players can't be a risk per se however not all transfers are a success (even if we have a better strike rate than most). If we had 5 new midfielders 3 successes would likely be the average, 4 our average and 5 miraculous.

Barca are wanting to get Thiago for free, they don't want to pay a transfer fee and if they have to it has to be nominal. That's two clubs that want favours.

Last edited:
Barca are wanting to get Thiago for free, they want to pay a transfer fee and if they have tom it has to be nominal. That's two clubs that want favours
Why should we do Barca any favours? I haven't forgot how they behaved before Mascherano, Suarez and Coutinho left. Fuck em.

Why should we do Barca any favours? I haven't forgot how they behaved before Mascherano, Suarez and Coutinho left. Fuck em.
I think they think we have a habit of letting players walk for free... So I guess they're trying out their luck

Who we don't need and who we do need are separate conversations. You empty the mouldy shit out of the fridge whether or not you've been shopping

This is where I’m going wrong!!!!

When we were moving a few years back and clearing out a freezer the missus had way before she met me - we found frozen chicken she’d bought that had been reduced to clear 8 years earlier.

Anyway… Fabs & Hendo aren’t mouldy - they’re just approaching the end of their use by date and all we’ll likely end up with is an empty fridge because we’re done shopping.

Defo not gonna throw my expired cheese out first and trust FSG to fill it to feed me based on last 3yrs of our investment in player recruitment, just saying...

They essentially paid for Ali and Virgil and we all know how that turned out for us, we know how Coutinho turned out for them for the most part, personally I’m grateful.

They essentially paid for Ali and Virgil and we all know how that turned out for us, we know how Coutinho turned out for them for the most part, personally I’m grateful.
That's more about us getting back at Barca

Defo not gonna throw my expired cheese out first and trust FSG to fill it to feed me based on last 3yrs of our investment in player recruitment, just saying...
So keep the cheese, eat it because you've nothing else and then puke up all over the place !

Poor the Schmadtke. After looking at FSG's previous, he must have thought, couple of midfielders max with legwork being done for one of them. Easy three months pay for one day work, chill out with Jurgen, free preason trips in Asia.

So keep the cheese, eat it because you've nothing else and then puke up all over the place !

Depends on the cheese, you need to understand not all cheese expire in the same manner…you can eat parmasen after 6 weeks after expiry even with mould. Needs must…

Of Thiago, Hendo and Fabs, Thiago would have been my first choice out of the door. I wonder whether we'll reconsider now that the others look to be outbound. Even so, Thiago, blimey, I didn't really want him in the team next year. He's a bit crap.

Get rid of all 3.

£60m for Fab Hendo and Thiago.

We can use that alone to bring in 2 very good players.

But this isn't football manager so we'll probably price Nat out of a move again.
Thiago stays and leaves for free next summer.
We reject the bid for Hendo.
And we loan Kelleher to Scunthorpe United.

But this isn't football manager so we'll probably price Nat out of a move again.
Thiago stays and leaves for free next summer.
We reject the bid for Hendo.
And we loan Kelleher to Scunthorpe United

So football terrible-manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom