• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Top Slot secured

The Athletic piece is decent and worth a read. The fact Slott scored the highest on the whatever model the laptop nerds put together gives me hope. It goes someway to correct the narrative that he was way down the list and we landed on his name with a hesitant sigh. Clearly unproven at this level, and arrives with less credentials and experience as Klopp and Benitez, but he wouldn't be here if he didn't have the core skills to make this work. There has to be faith put into the sheer amount of work and due diligence put into the process. After it was said Edwards was covertly following Klopp around hotels in Dortmund, you would suspect this process was even more intense given the increased risk. We probably know the contents of his weekly shop and the day and time he fumbles around with his wife.

The Athletic piece is decent and worth a read. The fact Slott scored the highest on the whatever model the laptop nerds put together gives me hope. It goes someway to correct the narrative that he was way down the list and we landed on his name with a hesitant sigh. Clearly unproven at this level, and arrives with less credentials and experience as Klopp and Benitez, but he wouldn't be here if he didn't have the core skills to make this work. There has to be faith put into the sheer amount of work and due diligence put into the process. After it was said Edwards was covertly following Klopp around hotels in Dortmund, you would suspect this process was even more intense given the increased risk. We probably know the contents of his weekly shop and the day and time he fumbles around with his wife.
It will be awkward when Slot meets Edwards at Kirkby for the first time, thinking he looks vaguely familiar, he must have seen him… but where? Then Edwards slowly pulls off on a Mission Impossible style hyper-realistic mask and Arne realizes his personal assistant and best man at his wedding has been Edwards all along!

Last edited:
It will be awkward when Slot meets Edwards at Kirkby for the first time, thinking he looks vaguely familiar, he must have seen him… but where? Then Edwards slowly pulls off on a Mission Impossible style hyper-realistic mask and Arne realizes his personal assistant and best man at his wedding has been Edwards all along!
I see Edwards more like Hugh Laurie's Prince Ludwig the indestructible in Blackadder.
If you know it you'll know

I would love Poch; annual bottler of all things football, and former manager of 2 teams we hate.

Yes

Absolutely

He'd have been a fucking marvel for us, what with our love of his type of football which for years was "give it to kane", but has developed to "give it to Palmer"

I would love Poch; annual bottler of all things football, and former manager of 2 teams we hate.

Yes

Absolutely

He'd have been a fucking marvel for us, what with our love of his type of football which for years was "give it to kane", but has developed to "give it to Palmer"

He is that bad?

He is that bad?
He has shown nothing to have had the career hes had as far as I could see. Tactically he's often out thought and out fought, personality wise he's a fucking sourpuss. His only positive is that I think he's a housewives favourite.

That is not bad. We have to consider it is Spurs... Ange could just DREAM about such results.

PL stats under Poch, then Levy sacked him early in the 19/20 season after a poor start:

[TABLE=collapse]
[TR]
[TD]2018–19[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]67[/TD]
[TD]39[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD]71[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2017–18[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]74[/TD]
[TD]36[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]77[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016–17[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]86[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]60[/TD]
[TD]86[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2015–16[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]69[/TD]
[TD]35[/TD]
[TD]34[/TD]
[TD]70[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

That is not bad. We have to consider it is Spurs... Ange could just DREAM about such results.

PL stats under Poch, then Levy sacked him early in the 19/20 season after a poor start:

[TABLE=collapse]
[TR]
[TD]2018–19[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]67[/TD]
[TD]39[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD]71[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2017–18[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]74[/TD]
[TD]36[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]77[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016–17[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]86[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]60[/TD]
[TD]86[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2015–16[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]69[/TD]
[TD]35[/TD]
[TD]34[/TD]
[TD]70[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Never realised they 86 points, that’s insane for Spurs.

He actually trained Chelsea well and did his job, but its only come together now, and by their owners its too late.

Fun fact…. Try and keep this from Dreamie if you can.

The only team in the last 20 years to finish the Premier League as both top scorers AND meanest defence yet NOT win the league???

Yep…. Spurs, under Poch.

[TABLE=collapse]
[TR]
[TD]2018–19[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]67[/TD]
[TD]39[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD]71[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2017–18[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]74[/TD]
[TD]36[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]77[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016–17[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]86[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[TD]60[/TD]
[TD]86[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2015–16[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]69[/TD]
[TD]35[/TD]
[TD]34[/TD]
[TD]70[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
So he peaked with 2016-17 and steadily got worse.

That CL final run was....something. so I'll credit him there. They had a bad run comparatively

I've just never got the hype with him. No distinct style of football, and that's something I dislike.

He’s a serial loser though. No thanks.
I and many of you were all thinking the same about Klopp when he lost 3 finals in a row with us. Lets be honest Poch never been at a club which has provided him the time to progress and get over the losses like we did for Klopp. As for PSG, no doubt cunty behavour between Mbappe and Neymar caused the problems.

Back
Top Bottom