• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Van Gaal < Moyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Worse than Brendan
21 games in and he's got 37 points, which is the same that Moyes had last season.

And that's after spending 153m during the summer.

21 games in and he's got 37 points, which is the same that Moyes had last season.

And that's after spending 153m during the summer.

It's mad really, you have to get the feeling that they will eventually just click, there's too much talent (is that the problem?) in there. Even watching them yesterday, they fluffed alot of chances and could easily have walked away winning 4-1 going off their second half display, but then at the same time, Southampton could have wrapped it up with a great chance late on.

Not sure how this fits in with managers making fuck all of a difference really. Does this mean they would have the same amount of points with Giggsy or Andy Tate?

Surely the money spent on famous players has to come into it?

It's more to highlight that people can stomach the same results provided there's a different personality in charge.

Or do people stomach the same results as everyone else is so poor that those results have them in 3rd/4th place as opposed to 7th/8th this time last year?

True enough. Appaz if you go on equivalent fixtures then he is 1 point behind the Moysiah.

Still can't believe he dropped falcoe! You look like a tactical genius when u drop a good player and win, if you lose then you look like a real idiot. Very very strange decision, as he looked in good form recently. Even more annoyingly I had him as my fantasy football captain.

He must be RVP illegitimate dad or something why he still plays I don't know. He looks a shadow of his former self. Plus he is more injury prone than Darren Anderton.

I think Moyes suffered a lot more because we were doing so well. If we were shite last year, he might have lasted a little longer.

No doubt about that. They are currently 4th instead of 7th/8th, and above us rather than way below us. So everything is fine for the manc fans

It's not my point. It's a statistical fact proven by people smarter than me

Before being disproven by someone smarter than them. And there's nobody smarter left to go to, so that's the way it's staying I'm afraid.

Their system isn't really doing them any favours.

Mata and Rooney as part of the midfield 3? Di Maria up alongside V Persie? It strikes of LVG being a little too clever for his own good. When they played us it seemed as if Fellaini was their only central midfielder.

Contrast that to the brilliant work Schneiderlin and Wanyama were doing to protect the Southampton defence.

VG is lucky us and Arsenal are having a worse season than last. The fact they are in top 4 is saving him.

I didnt realise United have also scored less goals, had less shots and less shots on target too, less passes in the final third, less crosses and more long balls.

And I agree with everyone who has raised the issue of others performance.

Add a fair share of good luck this season and you could see why Moyes might be a little bitter ( pun intended btw ) LVG getting away with murder but I suppose he is a sexy foreigner

It's mad really, you have to get the feeling that they will eventually just click, there's too much talent (is that the problem?) in there. Even watching them yesterday, they fluffed alot of chances and could easily have walked away winning 4-1 going off their second half display, but then at the same time, Southampton could have wrapped it up with a great chance late on.

I thought they were shite throughout. One shot on target all game, more need not be said.

Or do people stomach the same results as everyone else is so poor that those results have them in 3rd/4th place as opposed to 7th/8th this time last year?

Nail on head. They are still in the mix for 3rd/ 4th. I think last season dampened expectations - last season post Fergie they probably wouldn't accept being so far adrift but after last season, being still in a Euro Spot is likely just about palatable.

They had 1 (ONE) shot at goal Mark. At home against Saints - O N E!

I think Van Gaal is a boring cunt - watching Holland after they progressed was the most boring part of the World Cup. The moment he couldn't hit them on the break all fun was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom