• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll VAR - time to bin it?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Would you completely get rid of VAR?

• Total voters
Hopefully they'll have AI footy players soon and we'll just get fed the fair and accurate results once a week.

Reactions: jan
I went the Liverpool Newcastle game, saw the jota thing in real time, probably eighty yards away with people jumping up and down and I thought, he got clipped there but he's made a meal of it, it's a pen. I think really all you need is me making all the decisions.

The simple solutions are often the best.

I think it could work, if there was a short timeclock on decision making. If VAR can’t decide in 30-60 seconds, then the referee call is good enough.

We see 30 second delays on goal kicks and corners sometimes.

I think it could work, if there was a short timeclock on decision making. If VAR can’t decide in 30-60 seconds, then the referee call is good enough.

We see 30 second delays on goal kicks and corners sometimes.
In cricket isn't it 30 secs for the captain to make a decision on whether to challenge or not? Except in football it'd be the manager.

And why do they make the ref go over to a little telly anyway? Why can't he use his phone?

PGMOL apologises for not giving a penalty to Liverpool, unfortunately Paul Tierney dropped his phone and the cracked screen masked the view of the handball incident.

Another reason why VAR should stay in place:

Except we’ll never know if it would’ve overruled the ref.

Var was in place for Chelsea Fulham and missed a clear red for Gusto. It was in place for the Bournemouth game when Mac was sent off and we all know what happened after that. It was in place when it decided to get involve for DCL's non red card on Clyne and again like with Mac, we all know hat happened after that. It sticks its big nose where it's not needed, use for offside/offside offences and that's it.

Last edited:
Except we’ll never know if it would’ve overruled the ref.

Var was in place for Chelsea Fulham and missed a clear red for Gusto. It was in place for the Bournemouth game when Mac was sent off and we all know what happened after that.
True we'd never know, but at least someone would have a look at it.
Ings is very lucky that the grass was wet.

True we'd never know, but at least someone would have a look at it.
Ings is very lucky that the grass was wet.
I believe the player could still come under retrospective punishment, it was an awful follow through.

He wasn't punished at all was he (yellow) in which case in the PL he could but in the FAC is the rule the same?
The player did get a yellow but not for that tackle no, wasn’t even awarded as a foul. Not actually sure how the process works because if the ref hasn’t seen it then he can’t report it in his match report so is it West Ham then who flag it up with the official? Do they go straight to the FA and lodge a complaint? Don’t think it matters on the competition but more whether a red card offence went both missed and unpunished.

Some of the challenges from City last night were ridiculous, maybe VAR sensitive now but the one on Ings was dangerous and he was clearly not in control. It could have been horrible.

Elsewhere in Belgium

8dr5qx.jpg

[Liverpool has entered the chat]

Saying we should get rid of VAR is like saying we should defund the Police because criminals exist anyway.

It's more like saying we reluctantly see the need for the police but don't want them to order a load of Boston dynamics robot dogs cos noone knows how to use them properly and they can really fuck things up.

Coote, who was on VAR duty when we played Arsenal at Anfield, and didnt give the penalty for the Odegaard handball. Webb even came out and said he hadnt applied the laws of the game correctly and appologised.
Well, guess who is on VAR duty when we play Arsenal at the Emirates. Coote. Again.

Fucking hell.

Coote, who was on VAR duty when we played Arsenal at Anfield, and didnt give the penalty for the Odegaard handball. Webb even came out and said he hadnt applied the laws of the game correctly and appologised.
Well, guess who is on VAR duty when we play Arsenal at the Emirates. Coote. Again.

Fucking hell.

The only solace I have is that if his boss has had to apologise because of your stupid fuck up, you'd imagine you'd be keen not to repeat the error.

Until the PL wake up and start taking fucking action against this atrocity, there is nothing left to talk about as far as I'm concerned.

Them allowing this to continue without asking serious questions = blatant corruption.

This is not a case about this ref or that ref being in the wrong, it's the whole organisation.....at it all season fucking long, getting away with serial murders.

Until the PL wake up and start taking fucking action against this atrocity, there is nothing left to talk about as far as I'm concerned.

Them allowing this to continue without asking serious questions = blatant corruption.

This is not a case about this ref or that ref being in the wrong, it's the whole organisation.....at it all season fucking long, getting away with serial murders.

I don't think there's any conspiracy against us at all, if only for the reason that I don't think the league and officials are smart enough to conspire on anything.

I dont think so either, but I find it weird that the referees we seem to have an issue with, Hooper, Tierney and Coote always seem to be involved in our games.

It's more like saying we reluctantly see the need for the police but don't want them to order a load of Boston dynamics robot dogs cos noone knows how to use them properly and they can really fuck things up.
Given I've always been dealing with American policing, I'd take the robots. The police culturally and individually are far too stupid to reprogram them, and from what I've seen if you bump into one of those robots, it just self-rights, it doesn't start suplexing you into the pavement.

Fucking hell.
I think Webb has instructed him to retrospectively award us the penalty 60 seconds into the match. I'm OK with that.

Back
Top Bottom