• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who's going to Madrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are driving to Madrid and have 2 spaces about £350 all in
Lwave Thursday I ernight ferry cabin included
Drive to northern Spain stay overnight accom included
Down to Madrid for 24 hours
Drive bsck to northern Spain stay overnight accom included
Monday drive back to ferry back for Tues dinner

3 of us are driving down to Portsmouth on the Wednesday then on the car-ferry to Bilbao with inside berth arriving Thursday lunchtime. Meeting 2 mates who are flying to Bilbao on Thursday night, few beers and stop overnight in decent hotel then driving to Toledo where we have a hotel for Friday/Saturday. Either one of us drives in to Madrid each night or we go on the train, not sure yet. We all return on Sunday evening on the ferry from Santander. Most expensive part is the hotel in Toledo, the rest is less than £200 each, excluding petrol.

No tickets yet, relying on the ballot :(

Was it you who went to Corfu last year around the time of the final?
Yep. I was booked to fly out to Kiev on the Saturday morning, returning overnight and then flying to Corfu on the Monday. Doing exactly the same thing this year just without the cancelled Kiev flights. Staying in the same place and its the same week...my wife's a teacher so we're stuck to half-term hols.

Just got binbagged. Never mind. I'm only 10,458 in the queue, I'm sure it will be cool

Don't be despondent @Woland - I'm sure at least 10,458 people who won a ticket in the ballot will decide they couldn't be arsed buying it.

I'm 10,911 in the list. There are 4 season tickets in the family and none of them won in the ballot.

Yeah I had two and Piedro had three and nothing from them
1 in 4.6 suggests that's pretty unlucky.

I'm sure you'll get sorted though, just a shame there's all the hassle that goes with it.

Maybe the sponsors will listen to the fans groups pleas & give all their tickets to fans, & then have loads of beak & hookers brought over to Madrid on flying pigs.

Yep, fuck all from my three season tickets and my dads mate had two which we also could have if they qualified, and they got fuck all.

So thats 0/5 this year, to go with my 0/3 for Kiev and my 0/3 for Athens.

Luckily I'm sorted through work but the fact that mates who im travelling with cant get in, is fucking shite.

Im not bothering again to be honest. The Stadiums they choose (capacity) and the way the allocations are for fans is a fucking joke. UEFA can fuck off.

I know one lad who got one, out of about 30 I’ve asked. It’s a fucking joke.

Has anyone looked in Toledo near Madrid. Seen prices for under £200 per night.
Just checked Argunda, rooms still available at£122 per night

Last edited:
Yep, fuck all from my three season tickets and my dads mate had two which we also could have if they qualified, and they got fuck all.

So thats 0/5 this year, to go with my 0/3 for Kiev and my 0/3 for Athens.

Luckily I'm sorted through work but the fact that mates who im travelling with cant get in, is fucking shite.

Im not bothering again to be honest. The Stadiums they choose (capacity) and the way the allocations are for fans is a fucking joke. UEFA can fuck off.

That means we're getting beat then, doesn't it?

I need your inputs with a moral dilemma - I'll probably ignore them, but, hopefully, it will prove cathartic anyway.

Years ago (late 90s) I left Liverpool to live in Ireland, and (much to my later regret) passed on my Season Ticket to a friend. One thing I did do was to put in place a mechanism that gave me access to tickets for big matches (I won't go into details, but some will probably guess). So these days I get across to 1 or 2 Anfield matches a season with my boy (when I can beg tickets from friends), but I can always get at least 1 ticket for finals. So I have my ticket for Madrid.

Now I am seeing all the stories of loyal fans missing out in the ballot, including a load of my mates; people who have followed the team home & away all season in the league, and all home European games; people who have been to all (or nearly all) European away ties but who got their tickets on someone else's ST or fan card for various reasons; people who have had season tickets for 35 years etc etc.

This was less of a problem last year, as most of the troubles folks were having was in travel & accommodation - at least it seemed that way to me, but it may be the fact that all my mates who wanted to go were sorted for tickets coloured my impression.

It's wrong - I know it's wrong. Most of the blame is on UEFA for their allocation, but I have seen a lot of people saying the club distribution & prioritisation of what little they get is wrong - and I have to agree.

Then again I tell myself that I "did my time" in the 80s and 90s, including the dark days, and I specifically invested in my ticket access when I left, knowing regular match attendance would no longer be an option.

So, at the back of my mind is an irksome conscience telling me I should give up my ticket to someone more deserving. Now - before the clamour starts IF I do pass it on, it won't be on here, I'm afraid. I know there are many deserving causes here, but I have a list of about 15 "real" people - folks I know physically (not all in the biblical sense) rather than virtually - who are desperate, who come first.

So what does the combined wisdom of SCM think?

As I said I will probably ignore a lot of inputs; also I am going to Madrid anyway, so may not make my final decision until 15 minutes before kick off.

I’d keep the ticket. As I’ve said elsewhere I wouldn’t give two shits. I’ve done my time and it’s an issue with UEFA and the club how tickets are allocated.

I need your inputs with a moral dilemma - I'll probably ignore them, but, hopefully, it will prove cathartic anyway.

Years ago (late 90s) I left Liverpool to live in Ireland, and (much to my later regret) passed on my Season Ticket to a friend. One thing I did do was to put in place a mechanism that gave me access to tickets for big matches (I won't go into details, but some will probably guess). So these days I get across to 1 or 2 Anfield matches a season with my boy (when I can beg tickets from friends), but I can always get at least 1 ticket for finals. So I have my ticket for Madrid.

Now I am seeing all the stories of loyal fans missing out in the ballot, including a load of my mates; people who have followed the team home & away all season in the league, and all home European games; people who have been to all (or nearly all) European away ties but who got their tickets on someone else's ST or fan card for various reasons; people who have had season tickets for 35 years etc etc.

This was less of a problem last year, as most of the troubles folks were having was in travel & accommodation - at least it seemed that way to me, but it may be the fact that all my mates who wanted to go were sorted for tickets coloured my impression.

It's wrong - I know it's wrong. Most of the blame is on UEFA for their allocation, but I have seen a lot of people saying the club distribution & prioritisation of what little they get is wrong - and I have to agree.

Then again I tell myself that I "did my time" in the 80s and 90s, including the dark days, and I specifically invested in my ticket access when I left, knowing regular match attendance would no longer be an option.

So, at the back of my mind is an irksome conscience telling me I should give up my ticket to someone more deserving. Now - before the clamour starts IF I do pass it on, it won't be on here, I'm afraid. I know there are many deserving causes here, but I have a list of about 15 "real" people - folks I know physically (not all in the biblical sense) rather than virtually - who are desperate, who come first.

So what does the combined wisdom of SCM think?

As I said I will probably ignore a lot of inputs; also I am going to Madrid anyway, so may not make my final decision until 15 minutes before kick off.

I felt the same last year. My position was much more 'problematic' than yours though. Literally just have a colleague who's extremely well connected and he did me a favour.

I remember thinking I should offer it to lefty, but like you say, in the end he wasn't able to organise the travel anyway.

Not sure what I'd have done if push came to shove tbh.

I'd say you should judge based on the individuals involved. Is there anyone specially deserving?

Me :)

The one person I'd really like to give the ticket to, is the lad who has been to most finals with me - but the reason I want him to have a ticket is so we can go together again, and so giving him mine sort of defeats the object

Like I said, it will be a last minute decision based on how pissed I am and how magnanimous I feel as a result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom