• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adam Lallana

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he's not. It's the fact that he's English. Nothing else.
I have no problem with you thinking he's overpriced, he is, but please don't take this line, it makes you look really sour. If we wanted to buy Eriksen (best comparison I can think of) we'd have to pay just as much, if not more.

It doesn't seem that way, it seems like you've written him off already and you're willing him to fail, to get a bit of oneupmanship.

I think he's overpriced, but at least I'll give him a chance and won't have a statistical signature devoted to him.

I even supported Downing to an extent but the cunt disappointed about 90% of the time, so I do feel that I can support the players but I do have expectations.
£25 million makes me expect a lot. A whole lot.

I have no problem with you thinking he's overpriced, he is, but please don't take this line, it makes you look really sour. If we wanted to buy Eriksen (best comparison I can think of) we'd have to pay just as much, if not more.

Erm...didn't Tottenham pay like £10 million for him?

I don't understand the point of his question really, who said he has to be the one ingredient? Who said there is only one ingredient? We're arguably about 4 or 5 ingredients missing, at least. We need quality and versatility to compound what we already have in Sterling and Coutinho, if we add him and Sanchez or Shaqiri, then we're building well. If Suarez goes we'll inevitably add (at least) an other.

I don't understand the point of his question really, who said he has to be the one ingredient? Who said there is only one ingredient? We're arguably about 4 or 5 ingredients missing, at least. We need quality and versatility to compound what we already have in Sterling and Coutinho, if we add him and Sanchez or Shaqiri, then we're building well. If Suarez goes we'll inevitably add (at least) an other.
I think the point he's making is that we're paying marquee price for a player expected to be a cog. We don't have 100-125M to spend after all.

I think the point he's making is that we're paying marquee price for a player expected to be a cog. We don't have 100-125M to spend after all.

I'd argue he's more than a cog.

He plays in a position that needs constant creativity & a great deal of consistency. As well as that the lad never stops running (he & Henderson ran the earth four times over last season according to the stats*).

If he were playing instead of Coutinho, or replacing him at HT, last season when he had some awful games, then we'd have picked up some more points imo.

*that may not be an actual fact, strictly speaking.

Do we have a stance on the beard yet?

I think he should either shave it off or grow a proper one. I don't get beards that are more effort than not having one.

We need a poll.

I'd argue he's more than a cog.

He plays in a position that needs constant creativity & a great deal of consistency. As well as that the lad never stops running (he & Henderson ran the earth four times over last season according to the stats*).

If he were playing instead of Coutinho, or replacing him at HT, last season when he had some awful games, then we'd have picked up some more points imo.

*that may not be an actual fact, strictly speaking.

I'd say for us he's much closer to being a cog than being a true game changer.

It's a bit unfair to Coutinho to say we could just replace him at will though. Often times he would contribute nothing for large stretches of a game, only to pop up late with a surprise goal or assist. I can remember him winning us at least two matches where he suddenly scored a goal after having little to no influence on the game for long stretches. Hard to say if Lallana would have contributed more, especially considering how many points we did end up taking last season.

This is the first transfer since the Carroll/Downing debacle that I've genuinely felt queasy about. Red Flags aplenty.

We're buying a someone who can do a decent job between the lines or in the hole or whatever.
I'm fairly confident that he'll do a decent job for us. But that fee is gonna be weighing down on him and he's not got the same amount of time that Henderson did.

Totally different. Henderson came as a kid. He was shy on the pitch and allowed games pass him by. He even said so himself. Henderson was thrown in the deep end, he was deployed on the right of midfield and struggled to impact game. We afforded him time and coaxed that talent out of him. Credit also due to Henderson who did everything in his power to make it here.

Lallana is a different type of signing. He made the team of the year last year and on merit. He has a swagger about him and he seems to believe in his own ability with the ball at his feet. Of course there is a worry that he will be phased by such a big move like Downing was but I'm confident that won't be the case here. He's had an excellent season as captain of his club and will be joined at Liverpool by one of his bezzie mates (Lambert). He'll settle and hit the ground running from the off (*cliché alert*) and I'm looking forward to watching him play for us.

Erm...didn't Tottenham pay like £10 million for him?
Yes, and he's pushed on from then and proved himself at a higher level, so his value is higher. We wouldn't get him for less than £20million. Lallana isn't £25million because he's English, it's because he's a very good player playing very well in a very good league.

It wont be 25 mill in one fee though, 18-20 with the rest in installments imho.

Might be wrong but i highly doubt it will be anywhere near 18/20 up front, probably more like what Frogfish posted.

There was something posted about the Moreno deal and how we wanted to structure it, it was like a mosaic, no wonder we piss so many clubs off with these elaborate stretched out deals.

Showoff

All I remember from French class is the teacher shouting vite vite constantly.
What I remember is one of the lads in my class theatrically falling over, with a torch in one hand and camera in the other, to take a photo up the French teacher's skirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom