• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but he'll make arsenal, a direct rival, better, we're not improving and they are

We don't know that yet do we ? - the Dutch team managed to keep him quiet with ease in their game so he is not the answer to all our prayers in any case. Screw him if he does not want to come to us, there will always be other great players who want to join us. If we play well in the CL and the rest of the world are watching us then many great players will want to come to us.

I'm not gonna start that shit again. Baffles me that they managed to get a world class player for basically the same price.

You started this already Modo.

Are you fucking thick or something, just a few posts above people were talking about this.

You dont have to keep repeating the same shit. We know we paid a lot of money for Lallana relatively. But

1. Sanchez didnt want to come to us.
2. Lallana wanted to come but it takes more to prize away a clubs talisman as we are seeing in the case of Suarez.
3. We are in need of doing business quickly as we needed to add to the squad and also find a replacement for Suarez. If we sat about arguing for 5 million for a player the manager is very positive about, we could end up being like Arsenal last season and panic purchase in the last minute.
4. Sanchez has not proved anything yet. Now ill be hoping he turns turd for more than one reason.

You should fucking try to be at least realistic with your criticism of our transfers you moaning cunt.

if lallana had the name pedro rodrigo gonzalez jiménez de llano most of you would consider him a world beater. can't wait for the transfer window to end

if lallana had the name pedro rodrigo gonzalez jiménez de llano most of you would consider him a world beater. can't wait for the transfer window to end

If you pronounce the two ll's in his name as the Spanish would - he becomes 'Layana' ... and thus, he become a world beater.

He does have a Spanish name. Doesn't really matter.

Modo, you do realise that we tried to buy Alexis Sanchez, and that he chose not to come to us, don't you? We didn't choose Lallana over him, you're aware of that aren't you?

I imagine we could've offered significantly more in wages if we hadn't signed Lallana though. We weren't as aggressive on this signing because we had already signed a similar player, and didn't make as good of an offer as we could have.

By jumping the gun and paying a ton of money for Lallana, we put ourselves in a position where we were less attractive of an option to Sanchez. Fewer first team minutes as he'd be in competition with another big signing. It's easy to say that a dedicated player would overlook such issues, but in reality, it's not that simple.

It's all speculation, but I also think we ended up tacking on a lot more in add-ons, in an effort to convince Southampton to sell to us. However, I also think we would be paying our 18M in several installments, whereas Arsenal will pay the majority of the Sanchez fee upfront. Generally IMO, deflated fee means the money is upfront, and an inflated fee means the money is spread into several installments. But we definitely included much more in add-ons than Arsenal did for Sanchez, as we had a clear motivation to do so.

From all the reports i don't think we ever had any real hope of getting him which is a fucking shame, its hard to imagine him being shit for them, i hope he suffers the Arsenal injury jinx and gets a serious one.

Sanchez wanted to make things difficult for Barca because they shipped him and didn't want to be included in a deal plus cash for Suarez. Simply wanted to maintain his dignity. Not sure why he'd want to play for Arsenal but thats his right and choice. May they crash and burn. Hopefully we thump them again and leave them in tatters.

Barca had to sell him to the highest bidder to cash in send us that wheelbarrow of cash that we demanded upfront for Suarez. We're cash flush and its great to hear that our transfers don't depend on the Suarez sale. Another top class forward + Lovren is a necessity. Let get this done quickly and move on. Preseason is upon us.

As opposed to coming to us and winning trophies every year?

Heh, Wenger's turned himself into a notorious underachiever over the last several years, it's not a short span, despite them winning the FA Cup last season. We're still one of the most successful English sides since the turn of the century and are a side on the up with exciting young players and a direct brand of football that would have suited him.

I've got to say it - we're losing our 1 world class player, we've a young manager who's won nothing yet, we've just qualified for the Champions league for the first time in a while, we're not offering stupid wages and Liverpool isn't exactly the world hottest our hippest destination.

If you were an established star - you'd have to think about it - could be a one season wonder thing.

If you where a young player wanting to have a crack at a big club, with a fairly guaranteed chance if regular football - then we're an attractive proposition.

Sanchez is going to arsenal - what kind of a player with ambition would do that. No thanks.

Without their horrendous injury list last season they would have been well in the mix for the title. This Summer they are adding the 2-3 pieces they need to add depth. They will certainly be up there again this year. We are going to have a helluva battle to get into the Top 4 even if we get another 2-3-4 top transfers inbound.

Heh, Wenger's turned himself into a notorious underachiever over the last several years, it's not a short span, despite them winning the FA Cup last season. We're still one of the most successful English sides since the turn of the century and are a side on the up with exciting young players and a direct brand of football that would have suited him.

I don't disagree with a lot of that but Arsenal have good players too and I don't think the odds of picking up trophies with us are massively better.

It seems a bit odd to say that a player going to Arsenal over Liverpool who have only just made it back into the CL after a few woeful seasons out in the wilderness lacks ambition.

I've got to say it - we're losing our 1 world class player, we've a young manager who's won nothing yet, we've just qualified for the Champions league for the first time in a while, we're not offering stupid wages and Liverpool isn't exactly the world hottest our hippest destination.

If you were an established star - you'd have to think about it - could be a one season wonder thing.

If you where a young player wanting to have a crack at a big club, with a fairly guaranteed chance if regular football - then we're an attractive proposition.
Apparently we offered him double his current salary which is more what the Gooners offered. Exactly what have Arsenal won in recent years? Why would they be a more exciting destination? London night life?

I suppose that the Gooners have a whole host of world class players and they're gonna dominate Europe for years to come?

Who knows why he's choosing Arsenal.
I still wonder how we lucked out with Suarez then.

Ajax / Dutch Player of the year, and he agreed to join a team with no CL, a new manager, and Poulsen and Konchesky as teammates. We should have known then that he was insane.

Apparently we offered him double his current salary which is more what the Gooners offered. Exactly what have Arsenal won in recent years? Why would they be a more exciting destination? London night life?

I suppose that the Gooners have a whole host of world class players and they're gonna dominate Europe for years to come?

Think I've posted this about 5 times across different forums (inc. 6CM) !

When was the last time a top name established South American player came to the UK ? Aguero ?

There are few that I can think of that 'made it' here and moved on (e.g. Suarez, Tevez & Masherano), there are many that fall into, or aspire to, the bracket just below (e.g. Ardiles, Villa, Luiz, Oscar, Willian, Fernandinho), i.e. very good players but not out and out stars, and there are tons of great European players and Africa's and Asia's top players will come to England (probably because of their upbringing where Paris & London are places to aspire to).

But the very top SA players don't want to come here ..... they've made their money (as Sanchez undoubtedly will have at Barca), have a great lifestyle living in more SA friendly cultures and weather, and England must seem a remote and cold country even though just a couple of hours from Spain/Italy.

I can imagine London, to some, overcoming that reluctance to move here if the inducements are powerful enough (for Sanchez it seems his GF is a model and fancies London could be good for her career) .... I can't imagine the North of England having the same pulling power. Sanchez must still be praying that Juve find the money from somewhere though, to come in for him no matter if the salary doesn't match that of the PL teams.

Who knows why he's choosing Arsenal.
I still wonder how we lucked out with Suarez then.

Ajax / Dutch Player of the year, and he agreed to join a team with no CL, a new manager, and Poulsen and Konchesky as teammates. We should have known then that he was insane.

It's the PL and no-one else was in for him. The 1st Bitey thing had just happened (he was currently banned) and we were a good stepping stone if RM/Barca was your eventual target destination.

Strange that you dont see the difference Modo between a club that wants to sell a player compared to a club that dont want to sell a player.

Anyway, 18 mill vs 28 mill isnt even close to being the same fee. I've read its closer to 34 mill but it doesnt really matter.
He's not coming to us so its no point discussing it anymore.

All transfers arent comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom