• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure Lallana will pop up in varied positions for us this season as would Sanchez IF we have signed him.
Look, I wanted Sanchez too. BIG TIME. We are on the same page their. He isn't here because he didn't want to be. It isn't because Adam Lallana exists. That's where I'm at. That's all.

I'm saying we would have pursued Sanchez more aggressively if we hadn't already signed Lallana, nothing more. May or may not have still missed out on him.

I think the club basically decided that they'll save a bit on Sanchez and invest in younger talent that can be phased into the first team, as they'd just bought a nailed on first teamer in Lallana. We were never that serious about this transfer, hence the relatively low fee.

I'm saying we would have pursued Sanchez more aggressively if we hadn't already signed Lallana, nothing more. May or may not have still missed out on him.

I think the club basically decided that they'll save a bit on Sanchez and invest in younger talent that can be phased into the first team, as they'd just bought a nailed on first teamer in Lallana. We were never that serious about this transfer, hence the relatively low fee.

So we won't aggressively try sign any other attacking player because we bought a nailed on first teamer in Lallana? Ah come on Whirly.

I'm leaving it that. I'm gonna hit some other threads up.

So we won't aggressively try sign any other attacking player because we bought a nailed on first teamer in Lallana? Ah come on Whirly.

I'm leaving it that. I'm gonna hit some other threads up.
We're not going to aggressively pursue an expensive first team player who is in their mid twenties for the CAM/Winger roles unless we're convinced he's our guy.

Relative to what? Did we offer less than the Arse? It was clearly a high enough offer for Barca and, according to some reports, we offered the player higher wages. Our bid didn't lack "aggression". What it lacked was a willing player on the end of it. Sanchez clearly never wanted to come, period.
We didn't try to court Sanchez to the degree than Arsenal did, or we did for Lallana. We expended our resources elsewhere, or in some cases didn't employ them.

If Lallana didn't exist, maybe we'd have beaten them at Anfield, in which case, we'd be champions and Suarez wouldn't go to Barcelona and we would only buy one attacking player instead of four and I guess that one could be Sanchez. So yes, maybe you are right...

but, if we go back in time and stop lallana joining southampton, ill never be born! wait thats not right....

@Whirly, We'll have 75 odd million coming from the sale of Suarez. How have we expended our resources elsewhere already?

In anything we tried to court Sanchez a lot harder than Arsenal. It's like you (Sanchez) wanting to date a girl (Arsenal) because you told her you would and you wanted to move where she lived (London). Then another girl (Liverpool) got dumped by their ex (Suarez) and tried to get you to go out with them instead. They tried really hard but you didn't want to go out with them because you wanted to be with that other girl.

Feck, I've totally lost interest in that analogy so giving up on it. Ha,

Are you saying Sanchez would play as a lone striker for us, or Lallana at CM?

Because otherwise they will basically be playing the same position for us. The floating CAM/Winger role.

Playing Lallana at CM with Henderson is really wasting his talents going forward. And Sanchez alone up front doesn't do it for me personally.

Sanchez's versatility would have given us great options (and fantastic pace in that front 4) .. great pity.

.......................................... Sturridge/Sanchez
......Lallana/Sanchez .............................................. Sanchez/Sterling

......................................Sterling / Coutinho / Lallana

....................................................... Henderson / Allen / Can

......................................Gerrard / Can

So is Modo still intent on saying that we lost out on £35m Sanchez because we signed £18m Lallana? Why not just blame £25m Markovic, or £6m Can and £4m Lambert?

Seems a bit selective and trollish.

We didn't try to court Sanchez to the degree than Arsenal did, or we did for Lallana. We expended our resources elsewhere, or in some cases didn't employ them.
Sanchez apparently had a gentleman's agreement with Wenger. He kept up his end of the bargain.

Look, if you already a Chilean who played for Barca, everything else is seen to you as a step down.

Do you sign for Liverpool, a great club with a great atmosphere, and some lovely warm up songs. And maybe win something

Or Sign for Arsenal, a club with no atmosphere. And maybe win something. And you are in London. And you keep your wife happy. And you'll (based on past experience) be in the CL most likely next year too.

when you leave Barca, winning something isn't your main goal, having a soft landing on the way down is.

Sean hates EVERY other team bar LFC !

I find Arsenal laughable, Chelsea revolting (everything wrong with modern football), Everton cringeworthy and Man Utd are such long-standing enemies I've almost forgotten how to hate them. Was easier under Demento when they had Keene and Neville and the like.
My hatred towards other teams rotates depending on their circumstances.
I quite liked Boro when I lived in Middlesborough when they had Lenny Lawrence as manager and a young Pallister at the back. But when Robson was manager I fucking hated them. WBA were fine for a while then they had Robson as manager, and had Hodgson. Palace can fuck off, West Ham were always alright in my book until Allardyce took over. etc, etc.
Teams I have liked have included Leverkusen under Sami, Panathanikos, Barca when I lived in Spain in the early 90s, Northern Spirit when i lived in sydeny and even Newcastle when I lived in Newcastle and they had Ardiles as manager and i lived 2 mins walk form the ground. They were in 2nd division and no threat to us.
sometimes it only takes one player to join a team for my hatred to rise. Robben anywhere, Fabragas anywhere, Ronaldo anywhere etc.
It's all circumstance really.

It goes without saying of course, that if Sanchez joins The Bummers (snigger) he will go onto my list of most hated players ever. The cunt.

This is bad news. We're already weakening, and while he's not as good a player as Suarez, he would have gone some way to fill the void. Instead he's improving a direct rival. I really hope we have something up our sleeve because I can't see us adequately replacing Suarez's contribution throughout the squad with the current crop and potential signings. Don't fancy Higuain either.

Apparently Wenger has told the BBC this will be announced tomorrow.

Doesn't that just mean he's announced it today ?

j mmjn nhjmjhnmnhjnmhjnmnjhjnjhmjnkjn (sorry - that was me wacking a mosquito on the keyboard).

What exactly are you basing your theories on? Because apparently we've been trying to sanchez very hard as part for the suarez deal. He doesn't want to come to liverpool, he wants london its as simple as that. Apparently we offered him more money to come to us than Arsenal have so mate you're really barking up the wrong tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom