• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gonna be another Ozil cos their CM is made up of Arteta and Flamini

Not arsed really. He's decent but he's not world class

By jumping the gun and paying a ton of money for Lallana, we put ourselves in a position where we were less attractive of an option to Sanchez. Fewer first team minutes as he'd be in competition with another big signing. It's easy to say that a dedicated player would overlook such issues, but in reality, it's not that simple.

It's all speculation, but I also think we ended up tacking on a lot more in add-ons, in an effort to convince Southampton to sell to us. However, I also think we would be paying our 18M in several installments, whereas Arsenal will pay the majority of the Sanchez fee upfront. Generally IMO, deflated fee means the money is upfront, and an inflated fee means the money is spread into several installments. But we definitely included much more in add-ons than Arsenal did for Sanchez, as we had a clear motivation to do so.

So we are a less attractive option as Sanchez would face competition with Lallana yet he would go to Arsenal where he will compete with about a million players who are of the same ilk as him? What Whirly?

We also have no idea how exactly the Sanchez fee will be paid by Arsenal. #Guesswork

We TRIED to sign Sanchez. Barca probably wanted to do business with us too but he didn't seem to want to come. It wasn't because we already signed Adam Lallana.

So we are a less attractive option as Sanchez would face competition with Lallana yet he would go to Arsenal where he will compete with about a million players who are of the same ilk as him? What Whirly?

We also have no idea how exactly the Sanchez fee will be paid by Arsenal. #Guesswork

We TRIED to sign Sanchez. Barca probably wanted to do business with us too but he didn't seem to want to come. It wasn't because we already signed Adam Lallana.

Hasnt it been reported that Sanchez wants to live in London for personal reasons? (Wife)

There are fewer slots in our system for a Sanchez/Lallana type than in Arsenal's. Wenger always finds a way to shoehorn in his favorites, practicality be damned.

Our pursuit of Sanchez was hindered by our pursuit of Lallana to some degree. If Adam Lallana didn't exist, I can guarantee you that we would have been more aggressive going after Sanchez.

Lallana and Sanchez would have been playing in completely different positions for us. Lallana is a midfielder whereas Sanchez is a forward.

There are fewer slots in our system for a Sanchez/Lallana type than in Arsenal's. Wenger always finds a way to shoehorn in his favorites, practicality be damned.

Our pursuit of Sanchez was hindered by our pursuit of Lallana to some degree. If Adam Lallana didn't exist, I can guarantee you that we would have been more aggressive going after Sanchez.

Not having that at all Whirly.

Why are we trying to sign Lazar then? How aggressively in a scale of 1 to Sanchez are we trying to sign him?

Lallana and Sanchez would have been playing in completely different positions for us. Lallana is a midfielder whereas Sanchez is a forward.

If Rickie Lambert didn't exist I can guarantee we would be trying to sign Sanchez more aggressively.

So you imply that he wasn't up for a fight regardless of Lallana? Then surely we don't need weak minded individuals like that. The Gooners can have Sanchez if that is indeed the case.

So you imply that he wasn't up for a fight regardless of Lallana? Then surely we don't need weak minded individuals like that. The Gooners can have Sanchez if that is indeed the case.

I'm not implying he wasn't up for the fight. He just didn't want to come here.

Maybe it was his principles, didn't want to be a make weight in a transfer. Maybe it was the London factor.

Dunno.

I am pretty sure it wasn't because we already signed Adam Lallana.

Is it me or has Arsenal been signing him for the last 5 days? I detect a certain element of hysterical yearning on the part of the press.

If Rickie Lambert didn't exist I can guarantee we would be trying to sign Sanchez more aggressively.

Very possible. I still think we'll sign another forward though; as James Pearce of the Echo has said, Rodgers wants 4 forwards and currently we have Sturridge, Aspas, Borini and Lambert. I suspect he does not view Aspas as a viable option.

Not having that at all Whirly.

Why are we trying to sign Lazar then? How aggressively in a scale of 1 to Sanchez are we trying to sign him?

Markovic won't be the nailed on first teamer that Lallana/Sanchez would be.

You can ease Markovic into the role you want him to play. Spend over 25M on a player in their prime and they have to factor into the first team immediately. Otherwise it's a waste of money.

Stuffing Lallana and Sanchez into the first team could prove to be inconvenient, hence our declined interest and lack of aggressiveness. And now, our look at long term options.

Very possible. I still think we'll sign another forward though; as James Pearce of the Echo has said, Rodgers wants 4 forwards and currently we have Sturridge, Aspas, Borini and Lambert. I suspect he does not view Aspas as a viable option.

I was being facetious mate.

All we know is that we tried to sign Sanchez and didn't want to come.

I don't think so. Lambert is probably seen as an upgrade on Aspas, a better option from the bench and a genuine Plan B. A player like Sanchez is clearly first team material and was contingent on Suarez leaving IMO.

Aspas will be gone to Sevilla and used as a possible makeweight in the Moreno deal or at least I hope so. Borini may stay if we don't accept the Sunderland bid. BR will have hatched a plan. I'm keeping the faith that there'll be a top class forward coming in still.

I dont think that really matters mate. Wenger has been after Sanchez for years and that has also been key.
He had a verbal agreement with Wenger about joining after a meeting in Brazil.
This was always going to be very difficult for us.

Lallana and Sanchez arent in any way connected imho.

Markovic won't be the nailed on first teamer that Lallana/Sanchez would be.

You can ease Markovic into the role you want him to play. Spend over 25M on a player in their prime and they have to factor into the first team immediately. Otherwise it's a waste of money.

Stuffing Lallana and Sanchez into the first team could prove to be inconvenient, hence our declined interest and lack of aggressiveness. And now, our look at long term options.

Lallana and Sanchez play in different positions.

What's driving this on Whirly? I wanted Sanchez too, I wanted him badly. I just don't think it had anything to do with us signing Adam Lallana who plays in a different position anyway. Their potential signings were not mutually exclusive.

Now if you aren't happy with the Lallana transfer, that's fair enough but there is no point blaming him for Sanchez not coming. That's silly.

If Lallana didn't exist, maybe we'd have beaten them at Anfield, in which case, we'd be champions and Suarez wouldn't go to Barcelona and we would only buy one attacking player instead of four and I guess that one could be Sanchez. So yes, maybe you are right...

I don't think so. Lambert is probably seen as an upgrade on Aspas, a better option from the bench and a genuine Plan B. A player like Sanchez is clearly first team material and was contingent on Suarez leaving IMO.

Totally agree Mr TSD.

I was being facetious as other posters were claiming if Lallana didn't exist we would have tried harder to force Sanchez to sign for us.

Lallana and Sanchez play in different positions.

What's driving this on Whirly? I wanted Sanchez too, I wanted him badly. I just don't think it had anything to do with us signing Adam Lallana who plays in a different position anyway. Their potential signings were not mutually exclusive.

Now if you aren't happy with the Lallana transfer, that's fair enough but there is no point blaming him for Sanchez not coming. That's silly.
Are you saying Sanchez would play as a lone striker for us, or Lallana at CM?

Because otherwise they will basically be playing the same position for us. The floating CAM/Winger role.

Playing Lallana at CM with Henderson is really wasting his talents going forward. And Sanchez alone up front doesn't do it for me personally.

If Lallana didn't exist, maybe we'd have beaten them at Anfield, in which case, we'd be champions and Suarez wouldn't go to Barcelona and we would only buy one attacking player instead of four and I guess that one could be Sanchez. So yes, maybe you are right...

Don't you mess with the butterfly effect here.

Or is this like BTTF, if Lallana didn't exist would it mean Gerrard wouldn't have slipped against Chelsea?

Okay. If Lallana suddenly decided to go to Columbus Crew this summer to be their marquee player instead of us...

Are you saying Sanchez would play as a lone striker for us, or Lallana at CM?

Because otherwise they will basically be playing the same position for us. The floating CAM/Winger role.

Playing Lallana at CM with Henderson is really wasting his talents going forward. And Sanchez alone up front doesn't do it for me personally.

I'm pretty sure Lallana will pop up in varied positions for us this season as would Sanchez IF we have signed him.
Look, I wanted Sanchez too. BIG TIME. We are on the same page their. He isn't here because he didn't want to be. It isn't because Adam Lallana exists. That's where I'm at. That's all.

Lallana's skills and pressing ability makes him a perfect deeper midfielder in Rodgers' system. Offering the threat of more creativity, assists and goals from midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom