• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea - pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is a journalist going to ask about the elephant in the room?

"So erm... if your squad is so thin, why the fuck did you buy 2 midfielders for 30-odd million in January, when you know they are CL cup-tied?"

Maybe he's past his best, I don't know, but his winning record is beyond dispute. Criticise the guy as an individual and/or his preferred brand of football by all means, but sorry - it's just silly to try and denigrate his ability as a manager.

Still havnt heard anything on Ramires being suspended

Chelsea will learn today whether Jose Mourinho, Rui Faria and Ramires will all be punished over their conduct during the club’s explosive defeat by Sunderland.
Assistant coach Faria and midfielder Ramires face bans for confronting referee Mike Dean and striking Sebastian Larsson, respectively, while manager Mourinho could be charged over his controversial post-match comments.
The Football Association was still consulting lawyers, on Tuesday night, to determine whether Mourinho’s sarcastic praise of Dean and referees' chief Mike Riley constituted a breach of its rules.
The Portuguese has provided the governing body with an interesting test case as to what precisely constitutes casting doubt on the integrity of officials.
The Faria and Ramires cases are more straightforward.

Mourinho was forced to hold his assistant back from Dean following a Sunderland penalty that ended his astonishing unbeaten home record in the Premier League.
Faria was sent to the stand and will almost certainly be fined or banned from the touchline.
Ramires is sweating on a four-match suspension for an incident that was missed by Dean but will be scrutinised by the FA’s video-review panel.
Meanwhile, Chelsea’s potential title decider against Liverpool will be refereed by Martin Atkinson.
Atkinson refereed this year’s Capital One Cup final betweenManchester City and Sunderland.
He also took charge of the 2011 FA Cup final between City and Stoke City but suffered criticism after a semi-final the following season for awarding Chelsea a ‘ghost goal’ against Tottenham Hotspur.

This was yesterday.

Mourinho definitely deserves a touch line ban for those comments though, he didn't just question a referees integrity for one game, he basically accused the entire establishment an having an agenda over the season.

Mourinho definitely deserves a touch line ban for those comments though, he didn't just question a referees integrity for one game, he basically accused the entire establishment an having an agenda over the season.

Which is funny. For 24 years people at the top echelons of the game have obviously been biding their time, & now, all of a sudden, decided that, yes, we'll fix it so Liverpool win the league again.

I think it's pretty obvious what he was saying, they've got a good squad, not just a good XI, there are alot of talented players on the fringes, whereas we've got a pretty nailed on first XI.

We're being precious about it and as per, you're defending the rich and self-righteous, cheating wankers against the less so. Different subject, same old shite from Peter.

What are you wittering about now? I can't make any sense of it.

What I was saying was very simple. If Chelsea don't select several of their normal first choice players, that's better for us than if they select all their normal first choice players, because their first choice players are better than their second choice players.

Complicated stuff, obviously.

What are you wittering about now? I can't make any sense of it.

What I was saying was very simple. If Chelsea don't select several of their normal first choice players, that's better for us than if they select all their normal first choice players, because their first choice players are better than their second choice players.

Complicated stuff, obviously.

On the other side would a second choice give 100-110% while a normal first choice would give 85-90% with wednesdays game in his mind. I am not sure what is best for us to be honest.

One thing we tend to forget while doing these line ups and saying how strong they are is that Villa, Crystal Palace and Sunderland managed to beat them.
Why can't we do it?

Where's this Ramires ban?

I'm starting to think the FA have bottled it.

How long does it take to look at the video, see him look at him before swinging his arm, call him a cunt & ban him for the rest of the season?!

Where's this Ramires ban?

I'm starting to think the FA have bottled it.

How long does it take to look at the video, see him look at him before swinging his arm, call him a cunt & ban him for the rest of the season?!

The FA's lawyers are still busy reviewing the video of Mourinho's post game comments vs. Sunderland and trying to decide if they can fine him for sarcasm :boastful:

@ViktorFagerLFC: Telegraph - Abramovich has given his blessing to Jose Mourinho’s controversial plan to rest an entire XI vs Liverpool FC.

@Moley_LFCDT: CFC Team to face #LFC via the Mirror: Hilario; Kalas, Mikel, Christensen, Ake; Van Ginkel, Matic, Lampard; Salah, Ba, Schurrle #AsIf

Mourinhos mind games working a treat in the media.
Is he arrogant enough to go through with it?

@ViktorFagerLFC: Telegraph - Abramovich has given his blessing to Jose Mourinho’s controversial plan to rest an entire XI vs Liverpool FC.

@Moley_LFCDT: CFC Team to face #LFC via the Mirror: Hilario; Kalas, Mikel, Christensen, Ake; Van Ginkel, Matic, Lampard; Salah, Ba, Schurrle #AsIf

Mourinhos mind games working a treat in the media.
Is he arrogant enough to go through with it?

Let's hope so.
Man City will have good cause to complain and hopefully the FA charge him again.

Let's hope so.
Man City will have good cause to complain and hopefully the FA charge him again.

As long as most of the players are from the 25 man squad the FA cant do anything. New rules from 2011 after the Blackpool - Wolves game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom