• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
About time! I had an itchy trigger finger!

Becker
TAA
Konate
VVD
Simi
Endo
Jones
Sob
Diaz
Nunez
Salah

At least when we fail to win we avoid the tag of being top at Xmas and failing to win the league.

Arsenal can have that tag thanks.

So I reckon Gomez will miss out despite the better balance he brings. Surely Mac or Gravy can't come straight back in, bench perhaps.

———-Konate—-Van Dijk——
TAA ———————------------Tsimikas
——-——----Endo
Szobo —————--------Jones

Salah —---- Gakpo ——- Nunez

So I reckon Gomez will miss out despite the better balance he brings. Surely Mac or Gravy can't come straight back in, bench perhaps.

———-Konate—-Van Dijk——
——-——----Endo
Szobo —————--------Jones

It's a bit disappointing, I want to see Szobo play with the same freedom he had against West Ham. For that to happen Trent has to be in midfield and Gomez at RB.
Also, I feel more comfortable with Gomez against Martinelli.

I'm not sure about Trent playing in the DM position either although he did well in the last game against a deflated team.

The fantasy option would be to move Szobo to LCM, play Trent at RCM and Endo as DM, because I believe we need Endo on the pitch to disturb/neutralise Odegaard.

Won't happen though.

Last edited:

———-Konate—-Van Dijk——
——-——----Endo
Szobo —————--------Jones

Mac is a long term injury, no?

2LbCjGaBT-k

I'm expecting the worst - not just a loss but a bit of a kicking. However, that's based on the Arse 'turning up'

It's a bit disappointing, I want to see Szobo play with the same freedom he had against West Ham. For that to happen Trent has to be in midfield and Gomez at RB.
Also, I feel more comfortable with Gomez against Martinelli.

I'm not sure about Trent playing in the DM position either although he did well in the last game against a deflated team.

The fantasy option would be to move Szobo to LCM, play Trent at RCM and Endo as DM, because I believe we need Endo on the pitch to disturb/neutralise Odegaard.

Won't happen though.

... and I should bloody hope not. Szobo on the left?!?!?! Jones/Gravenberch/THe Dead One ... fuck it even Macca before Szobo

... and I should bloody hope not. Szobo on the left?!?!?! Jones/Gravenberch/THe Dead One ... fuck it even Macca before Szobo

Szobo plays on the left for Hungary; nothing wrong with him in that position. But that’s not what I want for Arsenal and going forward: 4-2-2-2 is the way. Trent and Macca/Endo double-pivot, Szobo/Elliott at RCM/AM, Jones/Gravy in the same position on the left side, 2 forwards up top. This suits everyone and will make us better.

———————Alisson———————
———-Konate————-Van Dijk———
Gomez/Bajcetic—-————Tsimi/Robbo
——-Macca/Endo—Trent/Thiago———-
—-Szobo/Elliott———-Jones/Gravvy—-
——Salah/Gakpo——Nunez/Diaz/Jota-

Last edited:
Szobo plays on the left for Hungary; nothing wrong with him in that position.
It's not the should he play on the left, it's more he's our best RCM by a fucking country mile. Pep does the clever-arsed playing players in atypical position shit. I'm hoping Klopp is more astute

It's not the should he play on the left, it's more he's our best RCM by a fucking country mile. Pep does the clever-arsed playing players in atypical position shit. I'm hoping Klopp is more astute

I agree and that’s why I also want him to continue at RCM. With Elliott pushing for minutes as an alternative, left-footed option.

Last edited:
It won't happen but fuck it:

Nunez------Gakpo------Salah
--Szoboszlai--------Trent
------------------Endo---------
Tsimi---VVD----Konate--Gomez
----------------Alisson---------------

Arsenal have had keeper issues all year. I'd be setting us up to promote shooting opportunities for Trent and Szoboszlai. Having Gakpo centrally gives the option to set up the phases needed.

Klopp will pick something more settled. Grav will likely start on the left and Trent at RB.

Last edited:

———-Konate—-Van Dijk——
——-——----Endo
Szobo —————--------Jones

This is it - the winning formula in my book. He needs this team. Also Arsenal are a big team, so we need our more physical tall boys playing. I just don't want to see Gravy play in the same team as Szobo.

Ali
Gomez Konate Virgil Kostas
Trent Endo Jones
Szobo
Salah Nunez

2-1 win

Harvey will probably be wondering what more he needs to do to get a start and tbh he would have every right.

I'm going to miss most of this which is historically good news for this fixture. The last time I had to miss the first half in this game was that 5-1 where we were 4 -0 up at HT, with Martin Skrtel scoring an unlikely double. Arsenal arrived in top place in that game and Arteta scored their consolation. All top omens.

Have no idea how to feel about this one. Battering West Ham fills me with confidence, but then Arsenal are an intently different proposition. Anyone happy with a draw?

Have no idea how to feel about this one. Battering West Ham fills me with confidence, but then Arsenal are an intently different proposition. Anyone happy with a draw?
Absolutely not. A chance to put them down, even if of course not out.

I’d have Nunez starting as Arsenal will religiously play out from the back. I would prefer to start with width meaning Gomez RB but that won’t happen, however i don’t think we will trust Tsimi with Saka.

I think we’ll go

Ali

Trent
Ibu
Virgil
Gomez

Endo
Szobo
Jones

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

We really need Diaz and/or Darwin to be sharp, composed & clinical.

Feels like this game will really tell us a lot about both teams title credentials.

If Arsenal beat us at home they will be hard to stop.

The United game told us a lot about our title credentials but let’s see which Liverpool turns up today

Arsenal's away form isn't indomitable. ALL of their wins (bar Bournemouth) have been by a single goal and ALL at bottom half of the table teams bar Brentford (1-0), they lost at Newcastle & Aston Villa whilst drawing at Chelsea. We are going to continue that form for them, and our home record. I see 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom