• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea - pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he plays a strong team, it's because Roman wouldn't let him play a weakened team, so he'll have an excuse for getting knocked out against Athletico, but will be a genius if he manages to get through

If he plays a weakened team, he'll have an excuse for not beating us.

All he does is try and prepare excuses, and give opportunities to make himself look better than he really is. The fact is that he's got a really expensive squad, and he's spent 115m(?) since he took over. He shouldn't need excuses, a squad like that should be expected to be able to to deal with 3 games in a week, and should be winning trophies. Anything less than that is a failure for them.

Can everyone stop thinking he is fielding a weakened team when it has two 'reserve' players in it that cost a combined £40 million. HIS 'MINDGAMES' ARE PATHETIC.

Can everyone stop thinking he is fielding a weakened team when it has two 'reserve' players in it that cost a combined £40 million. HIS 'MINDGAMES' ARE PATHETIC.

What's even more bizarre is that he said he's "resting several players" even though he rested a few last night too.

What's even more bizarre is that he said he's "resting several players" even though he rested a few last night too.

Indeed. And they have one of the most expensively assembled squads in football history. He's a fucking cunt. And as usual the media will lap it up. If they win the headlines will probably read 'weakened Chelsea win at Anfield.'
I can't even begin to express my utter contempt of every single tiny part of that shabby, graceless turd of a club.

Sturidge has to play. He hasn't scored in a month so will be desperate to put one past his old club.

Indeed. And they have one of the most expensively assembled squads in football history. He's a fucking cunt. And as usual the media will lap it up. If they win the headlines will probably read 'weakened Chelsea win at Anfield.'
I can't even begin to express my utter contempt of every single tiny part of that shabby, graceless turd of a club.

He's not stupid, that's exactly what he's going for, the pressure to be on us. They'll walk out without Terry and Ramires and every one of the dickheads in the media will fall for the "poor Chelsea" bollocks.

If he plays a team that doesn't include lots of his first choices, it will be weakened, regardless of how much it cost.

People are getting too precious about this. If he plays a weaker side then it makes our job easier. Not easy, but easier. Surely that's good news.

When you have that sort of backing, it's easy to assemble two decent 11's. Weakened isn't the right word, not first choice is a better description.

If he plays a team that doesn't include lots of his first choices, it will be weakened, regardless of how much it cost.

People are getting too precious about this. If he plays a weaker side then it makes our job easier. Not easy, but easier. Surely that's good news.

He's not doing us a favour is he? He knows that he has a second XI that could walk into his side most weeks without significantly weakening them. He's doing it to put the pressure on us and because he knows the press are gullible enough to lap up the "weakened Chelsea" bollocks. People aren't getting precious about anything, he's being a wanker, typically.

Matic has been first choice all season. Playing Mikel would be playing a weakened team. Which he had to do last night because Matic wasn't allowed to play. In my mind Terry out means they are stronger. He would have shit himself against our pace.

If he plays a strong team, it's because Roman wouldn't let him play a weakened team, so he'll have an excuse for getting knocked out against Athletico, but will be a genius if he manages to get through

If he plays a weakened team, he'll have an excuse for not beating us.

All he does is try and prepare excuses, and give opportunities to make himself look better than he really is. The fact is that he's got a really expensive squad, and he's spent 115m(?) since he took over. He shouldn't need excuses, a squad like that should be expected to be able to to deal with 3 games in a week, and should be winning trophies. Anything less than that is a failure for them.

Yeah, he's like Scottie in the original Star Trek. He tells Kirk the Dilithium crystals are banjaxed, and there's no possible way he can get the engines up to Warp speed in time. But he's full of shit. Always happens.

Matic has been first choice all season. Playing Mikel would be playing a weakened team. Which he had to do last night because Matic wasn't allowed to play. In my mind Terry out means they are stronger. He would have shit himself against our pace.

What, so if he plays Matic and 10 reserve players, that's not weakened because Matic is first choice?

Sound logic, that.

What, so if he plays Matic and 10 reserve players, that's not weakened because Matic is first choice?

Sound logic, that.

I think it's pretty obvious what he was saying, they've got a good squad, not just a good XI, there are alot of talented players on the fringes, whereas we've got a pretty nailed on first XI.

We're being precious about it and as per, you're defending the rich and self-righteous, cheating wankers against the less so. Different subject, same old shite from Peter.

Sound logic, that.

Thanks for choosing what to take from my post and twisting it to fit your agenda. That's not what I meant I imagine you probably know that. Amazing how Maureen's pathetic, petulant, childish, deluded and divisive lies can even have an adverse affect on posters on a normally fairly decent forum.

Yeah, he's like Scottie in the original Star Trek. He tells Kirk the Dilithium crystals are banjaxed, and there's no possible way he can get the engines up to Warp speed in time. But he's full of shit. Always happens.

His histrionic run down the touchline to jump on the celebration and whispering in Torres' ear when Ba scored the other day says all you need to know about him.

He'll field a weaker side. He has to because of injuries and suspensions.
But, its obviously mind games. Talk about something else, shift focus and an excuse if they lose to us or go out on wednesday to Atletico.
I'm guessing Abramovitch wants the CL most of all now. At least if you look at the table and 1 game away from the CL final.

Not having Terry and Cech weakens their defence a lot. No doubt.
If he rests Hazard then thats obviously good for us as well.

They've still got a ridiculous squad and the team they field will be more than good enough to beat us.
But, it will be a weaker side.
Still have to do our job. Focus on us and let Morinho talk crap.
Rodgers knows what Mourinhos all about and will be anticipating that he'll play the strongest possible team available to him.

Can we penetrate their two banks of 4/5? I have to say, I think we can make a much better fist of it then Athleti. They played right into Chelsea's hands with repeatedly crossing the ball. Having Sterling, Suarez, and hopefully Studge running at them with pace is likely to make them considerably less comfortable.

Prob Chelsea team

Schwarzer
Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Cole
Matic Mikel
Salah Lampard Oscar
Ba

He might rest Azacupliacteazzzarrsusa, Willian, Schurrle
Depends on who is fit for wednesday.
It will be a tough game regardless.

If he's plays 5-5, a draw doesn't really help him. Chelsea need the points, if citeh win the game in hand, they go second.

He's obviously hoping he wins the CL, to qualify at Everton/Arses expense. Which in itself is a beautiful thing

This stinks of the typical jose tactic used to deflect from a dull game against athletico. Surprised so many are falling for it on here, media are as per usual lapping it up.

I'm worried about the counter-attack - he should play for the win, but won't and this could mean us laying siege with salah and oscar (potentially hazard) on the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom