• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea - pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jose Mourinho may play Chelsea's second team at Liverpool ahead of second leg against Atletico Madrid

By NEIL ASHTON
PUBLISHED: 22:50 GMT, 22 April 2014 | UPDATED: 22:50 GMT, 22 April 2014

Jose Mourinho is prepared to hand the Barclays Premier League title to Liverpool on Sunday by playing a second string side to save Chelsea’s Champions League dream.
With Petr Cech out for the season and John Terry set to miss next week’s second leg after being injured in a 0-0 draw with Atletico on Tuesday, Mourinho said he will talk to the board about playing fringe players at Anfield.

He said: ‘I would play the players who are not playing next Wednesday. I work for Chelsea, the board and I have to follow what my club decide. I am just the manager. I have to listen to the club.

'The fact that the match is on Sunday is the problem. We represent English football. We are the only English team who are in European competition. Spain has four and gave them the conditions to try to have success. But we are playing on Sunday, not Saturday or Friday.’

Mourinho went on to challenge Chelsea to play the game of their lives in the second leg after a dramatic draw in the Vicente Calderon.

The Chelsea manager confirmed Cech will miss the rest of the season with a dislocated shoulder and captain Terry will only be fit if they reach the final.

Chelsea will be without Frank Lampard and John Mikel Obi after they picked up second yellow cards.
Mourinho said: ‘Cech’s season is over. We will have to reach the final for John to play. This result is everything. We had problems before the game, we had problems during the game. We lost four during the game but we will fight.

‘Branislav Ivanovic is back and Mark Schwarzer showed clearly that we can trust him. We had people who don’t play a lot, people like Ashley Cole … it was an amazing performance. If we have to play the kids next week we have to play the kids.

‘We were speaking before about the game of their life, now the game of their life is at Stamford Bridge.
‘Many years ago Chelsea started building a team with great characters and great personalities. In football you can use the word “heritage” — you can have that in football and the people see the example and they smell that heritage and it goes on and on.’

Mourinho refused to respond to a comment from West Ham owner David Sullivan’s son after he sarcastically tweeted about Chelsea’s ‘19th century football’.
Mourinho added: ‘You don’t want the manager of Chelsea to respond to the opinion of the son of the owner of another club.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eg-against-Atletico-Madrid.html#ixzz2zevWMNrC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

How good would it be if Chelsea really did field 4/5 fringe players/kids?

Thought he would field a weakened team but this sounds to good to be true.

bullshit - he will never play a second team, he will come with the best team available to him. Don't even think this. Just wanna add that I think it will be bad for us if he does play a really 2nd rate side. The last thing we need is to play a shit team before facing Crystal Palace.

bullshit - he will never play a second team, he will come with the best team available to him. Don't even think this.

Why would he?

Hes got a great chance of making a CL final, the league is all but gone, why would he risk that CL final place for a long shot? even if they were to beat us we would still only need 4 points to finish above them and then theres City.

yep Mourinho will play a strong team.
Probable team:

------------------Schwarzer

Ivanovic----Cahill------Luiz-------Cole

-------------Matic--------Lampard

--------------------Oscar
Salah--------------------------------Schurrle
----------------------Ba

Or at least no way Cahill should play, not with Terry out.

Suprised if they risk Ivanovic and the goalkeeper.

Against Atletico the back 4 should be... Ivanovic...Cahill...Luiz...Azpilicueta, shouldn't it?

Ah well, well see i guess, just don't see the logic of them playing their strongest team.

I would have thought that they'll play Ivanovic as a direct replacement for EBJT, move Azpi-whatever to the right and have Cole on the left again.

He'll play Lampard, Salah, and Matic, at the very least, because they can't play next Wednesday. I'm guessing he won't risk Hazard or Eto'o if they're coming back from knocks.

I reckon he'll put out a good team but still rest a few.

Any key players for their second semi will not be risked, it would idiotic to do so since Chelsea have little chance of the PL title now, relying on both us and City to fuck up further (even if they win at Anfield) and a great chance of making the CL final (he's never won the CL with Chelsea so can seal his Messiah status with a win). They have enough good players to still put out a decent team against us, but it shouldn't be enough to win. We'll win or take a draw at worst.

yep Mourinho will play a strong team.
Probable team:

------------------Schwarzer

Ivanovic----Cahill------Luiz-------Cole

-------------Matic--------Lampard

--------------------Oscar
Salah--------------------------------Schurrle
----------------------Ba
That's the team I had it in my mind they would play -except Azpilicueta for Cole.

If nobhead is to be believed...

There would be no reason not to play Frank Lampard and John Mikel Obi at Anfield, because both are suspended for the second leg of the semi-final, while fellow midfielders Nemanja Matic and Mohamed Salah are cup-tied and cannot play in Europe.

Midfield could be Mikel Lampard Matic and Salah

Injury to Terry so defence possibly Cole Cahill Ivanovic Azpilcueta

Schwarzer in nets

And another 2

Oops didn't see that was already discussed, I thought I was on the last page of the thread but I was only on page 5.

Forgot about luiz, Ba does seem to be their forward of choice in the league these days. Still a lot of talent and money in that side.

Oops didn't see that was already discussed, I thought I was on the last page of the thread but I was only on page 5.

Forgot about luiz, Ba does seem to be their forward of choice in the league these days. Still a lot of talent and money in that side.

A couple of days ago if you'd have offered me just Hazard not making it I'd have snapped your hand off. If he doesn't, *plus* Eto'o, Ramires, Terry, Cech, and maybe a couple of others rested, that's a fucking brilliant result.

Still not easy, but definitely much easier.

A couple of days ago if you'd have offered me just Hazard not making it I'd have snapped your hand off. If he doesn't, *plus* Eto'o, Ramires, Terry, Cech, and maybe a couple of others rested, that's a fucking brilliant result.

Still not easy, but definitely much easier.

True I'm just not allowing myself to think positively because I feel like the moment I do we will lose.

That is a pretty encouraging list of absentees though.

You know what the journalists should dig up and throw into Mourinho's fucking pouting face? This:

Atletico Madrid
Apr 22 FT Atletico Madrid 0-0 Chelsea
Apr 27 15:00 Valencia v Atletico Madrid
Apr 30 18:45 Chelsea v Atletico Madrid

Chelsea
Apr 22 FT Atletico Madrid 0-0 Chelsea
Apr 27 13:05 Liverpool v Chelsea
Apr 30 18:45 Chelsea v Atletico Madrid

Guess who is the one crying and complaining?

Yup. I look at the team people are posting and it still looks really good.

They will all be wanting to play well and make a case for starting in the CL too.

The weakened team bullshit it Mourinho usual attempts at pre game twattery. Next he'll tell everyone he's given up on the Prem and will congratulate Liverpool on winning it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom