• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Coutinho gone. 142m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky sports running the headlines that we’re not in for Lemar OR Mahrez [emoji23] oh dear

Even though I knew it was gonna happen I'm still gutted. Fucking poor on our part. Can see this derailing our season. Knowing liverpool we won't buy anyone or he sees ox as his replscement or something stupid like that. Pissed off.

I agree with all of that. Central midfielder could wait until the summer, but a top striker would be good. Sell off as many of Sturridge, Ings and Origi as we can, and bring in? Aubemeyang would be good. I wouldn't be upset with Vardy, though.

I fucking would! - He's a massive cunt

Ha.

Not laughing at you per se. Just the absurdity.

Some of our fans want another AM round replace Coutinho. Some want a top class keeper. Some a striker.

None are actually wrong. The only difference is which one will make the biggest difference to our play & results for the rest of the season.

Tbh until this season I'd have been in the striker camp. But that means moving Firmino, & he's been integral to our success this season, so I've changed my mind. We should strengthen at the back (keeper imo) & we should still have enough to beat anyone on our day. Over two legs may be our undoing though, cos as Rafa proved, that's when defence is king.

I can see the logic in that too, but managing a low scoring game isn't how this setup works, and isn't within the capability of our midfield. It would also represent less continuity than 1) doing a straight swap for coutinho, or 2) having more quality options in attack.

Part of what is going on here is that I don't rate the rest of the "fab four" as highly as coutinho, and it's not close. For me there's no question that he is absolutely the most technically gifted. He's definitely not the most effective this season, but I think everyone else needs lots of opportunities to score, and our midfield often needed someone to drop and make play, or turn with the ball. I think there's going to be a lot of useless possession and a lot of long balls to salah/Firmino if we don't have someone who can do those things. My thoughts are just that it doesn't have to be one player. Keita is one of them, but that won't help us this season. A striker absolutely would.

And yes, so would a keeper.

Coutinho left a message for the fans this morning..

As Below

62e9536fe0a2f53774105819eee7282b.jpg

Burning - burning

were - where

Unless the onion bhajis possess something, and that something has been omitted, there should be no apostrophe.

Did the same illiterate idiot who 'created' the Moyes mural produce this pile of shit? Epic fail.

I love that that context is meant to help. Any famous derby winning goals he send you as well you'd like to stick up on here with appropriate context? OK, that was a bad example.

I agree with @Farkmaster and Mark that posted along similar lines before. Coutinho gave us an undeniable edge that will be sorely missed.

It'll be interesting to see how we fare going forward and whether anyone (Salah aside) will step up. An in form Mane and the Lallana of last season would be a nice start.

I just don't think we can afford to not sign anyone, it's too tight for the champions league places.

If we don't make the top four we're back in that place again where potential new signings don't fancy it and our current best players have a big excuse to leave.

There's definitely a list of players somewhere, concocted by the scouts, stats guys and management that we're going through trying to get an acceptable deal.

Even though I knew it was gonna happen I'm still gutted. Fucking poor on our part. Can see this derailing our season. Knowing liverpool we won't buy anyone or he sees ox as his replscement or something stupid like that. Pissed off.
Indeed, just when we were finally looking good after an encouraging spell over Christmas and they sell our best player....

Ludicrous decision and unless we buy a top class goaly and a highly talented attacking player now I will remain fucking pissed off even if we do finish top four.

Hmmmm. It's going to be Lanzini, isn't it? Much as I quite like him, that would be disappointing.

It's now looking likely to be nabil fekar. Never seen him play
That’d be a great signing actually. Very highly rated and doing some nice stuff for Lyon. Him and Lacazette were the standouts in that team.

Pulisic is a good player no doubt but nonetheless selling our best attacking player in fact alongside De bruyne in terms of outright ability.... maybe if we could get in Goretzka and a decent goaly as well NOW then it would be forgiveable.

Sad event.

I really truly do not understand why we did it now, basically we announced the end of any ambition we had for this season... weird stuff.

FSG should be aware there will be fucking riots if we do not finish top four, I for one was looking forward to a good cup run and a decent effort at the CL but we have definitely weakened and I honestly find it baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom