• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Coutinho gone. 142m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the little bellend, put some fucking socks on.

DS9ikIhX4AAxXL6.jpg

Look at the little bellend, put some fucking socks on.

DS9ikIhX4AAxXL6.jpg
Glad we sold him, hate those low waist jeans or whatever they are.
Guess easier for Suarez to remove with his big teeth though...
Now have lost whatever respect I had for him...

I'd be tempted to blow they money on Milinkovic-Savic and the Roma keeper Allison. Rurik has sold me on Milinkovic-Savic and after watching several videos a midfield of him and Keita next season is just mouth drooling. Plus it'll piss off the Manc if we get him

My thoughts run similar to @mark1975.

We have only 3 more competitive games in January so 'downing tools' is not am issue, Barca have already pretty much wrapped up La Liga and we very much need Coutinho. More than that Barca have no obvious competition as Coutinho has repeatedly said he only wants Barca. So why now? The 'obvious' answer was to sell in a way that kept him with us until June, either by loan back or similar deal to Keita.

There just doesn't seem to be a driving need for such a big spend from Barca now, nor for us to sell. I'm genuinely baffled.

As to replacements. I want us to buy the best possible replacement. If he isn't available now then I'm cool with us waiting. We aren't going to win the league, the team we have is good enough for 4th and we were never going to win the CL this season.

I've heard a lot of their fans say Barcelona are an injury or two away from struggling and bringing coutinho in allows iniesta to be rested in the league and fresh for the cl. In an ideal world we'd probably want our transfers in a window before they're needed to ease them in

Plus the wee dick is obviously pushing and feigning injury to get the move

What really pisses me off is that my FIFA online team now doesn't have that player who can score worldies from outside the box consistently. Fucking Firmino, Salah and Mane need to be served balls on a fucking platter for them to score and Can can't shoot for shit. In case you're wondering, Cap is on the bench.

I've heard a lot of their fans say Barcelona are an injury or two away from struggling and bringing coutinho in allows iniesta to be rested in the league and fresh for the cl. In an ideal world we'd probably want our transfers in a window before they're needed to ease them in

Plus the wee dick is obviously pushing and feigning injury to get the move

They're nine points clear of Athletico and 16 points clear of Real (game in hand). Whilst not quite as done as Citeh in our league, it would take a significant implosion to lose the league from that point

The basic recipe for keeping top class players is easy, start winning shit.
Can't believe I'm saying this but this whole shit started with Benitez.
Alonso left, won shit. Benitez has a below par season gets sacked, Mascherano leaves, Torres gets thirsty, leaves as well. Both win shit within two years.
Suarez, won the league cup but lost the league title in a devestating way, leaves and wins shit within a year.
Coutinho, free league title coming up.
I can see Salah going down the same route.
All of them except Torres are league winners now. He's got a CL medal though.

They're nine points clear of Athletico and 16 points clear of Real (game in hand). Whilst not quite as done as Citeh in our league, it would take a significant implosion to lose the league from that point

Could be the other reason, they don't want to pay more off the back of a good world cup. Nice position to be in, hope it all turns to shite for them.

My thoughts run similar to @mark1975.

We have only 3 more competitive games in January so 'downing tools' is not am issue, Barca have already pretty much wrapped up La Liga and we very much need Coutinho. More than that Barca have no obvious competition as Coutinho has repeatedly said he only wants Barca. So why now? The 'obvious' answer was to sell in a way that kept him with us until June, either by loan back or similar deal to Keita.

There just doesn't seem to be a driving need for such a big spend from Barca now, nor for us to sell. I'm genuinely baffled.

As to replacements. I want us to buy the best possible replacement. If he isn't available now then I'm cool with us waiting. We aren't going to win the league, the team we have is good enough for 4th and we were never going to win the CL this season.
I still think it comes back to being a WC year and not having any time in the Summer for Coutinho to bed in. Even more so since he plays for Brazil and they are going into it as one of the favourites and there's a great chance they'll make the final. All of which means he'd be late returning to training too.

Kehl & Bender at Dortmund suggests he does actually do so.
Whilst that is true clearly his opinion has changed since it was Klopp himself who stated in no uncertain terms that we won't play with a DM. Hopefully his opinion changes though because a DM alongside Keita +1 would be perfect.

Haven't read through the full 48 pages but I am honestly a bit baffled why people are being so angry with Klopp/the club in this situation. For whatever reason, and it seems he had many, Coutinho really wanted to leave us as he also wanted in the Summer. But now he was desperate it seems, and yet we managed to up the fee remarkably since their latest bids too.

Fact is we got paid handsomely here and well above Coutinho's actual worth (imo) and even though it's always a step back losing one of your key players, we have seen our squad and team develop nicely under Klopp's guidance for years; and for starters, we are no longer a 'one-man'-team as we've been for so many years in the past.

Coutinho will be missed of course but with Keita coming in a probably at least one new attacking-minded player to follow I see no reason why we should not believe that the ship is still sound and in good health heading in the right direction despite the high seas.

With Klopp at the helm we have continuously bought better than what we have grown accustomed to over the past say 25 years and I am sure this trend will carry on.

So brethren, lighten the fuck up, eh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom