• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Coutinho- what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant be serious. Of course he would have started and in the midfield three supplying some serious creativity to our front 3.

I think he meant if the circumstances for him being out had been injury instead (a real one).

As already noted, apart from by Pat the Manc who seems to think we fluked our three results, we could have lost a game or two due to Coutinho's absence, which was HIS doing, so I don't get where this "lose to prove a point" bollocks is coming from, talk about fucking hypocritical.

He shouldn't start on Saturday because he doesn't deserve to start. He's not played in a month bar some shitty international games half way round the world.

He won't be dropped to prove a point it's because of his fitness.

I'm sure other players don't give a flying fuck what he's done. No doubt players request to move all the time and it doesn't work out.

Klopp won't care because he got to keep one of our best players.

Players will still sign contracts with us because we pay a hell of a lot of money. The only point the club has shown is we will sell on our terms especially 6 months after signing a new deal. The club would be stupid to put in release clauses. Imagine had we put in £80 million for the contract signed in January. He'd be off now when the market is absolutely crazy. Who knows how crazy it'll be in a couple of years time.

Even the Brazil coach elected not to start wee cunt because he has been out of training and not playing. This won't be about cutting our nose off to spite our face, or proving a point. It is the way professional footy tends to go.

So I take it wee cunt should report for training today, eh? Looking forward to the pics.

Apart from all the obvious reasons as to why Coutinho shouldn't start against City, have we forgotten how slow a starter he's been after every prolonged break or injury?

I mean he's always seemed to be in need of at least a few matches to get going.. rather big risk to include him as starter because of that alone.

Even the Brazil coach elected not to start wee cunt because he has been out of training and not playing. This won't be about cutting our nose off to spite our face, or proving a point. It is the way professional footy tends to go.

So I take it wee cunt should report for training today, eh? Looking forward to the pics.

There'll be a couple of him looking professional & somber when turning up & leaving. Then there'll be the long range ones of him laughing & joking with his team mates as they mess about or play together.

It's about as guaranteed as anything can be.

There may also be one or two of the odd player looking at him askance, which probably won't be them giving him daggers, but the product of a photographer taking hundreds of shots & pulling the ones that make it look like that. That shot will end up in the daily mail or that rag.

He shouldn't start on Saturday because he doesn't deserve to start. He's not played in a month bar some shitty international games half way round the world.

He won't be dropped to prove a point it's because of his fitness.

I'm sure other players don't give a flying fuck what he's done. No doubt players request to move all the time and it doesn't work out.

Klopp won't care because he got to keep one of our best players.

Players will still sign contracts with us because we pay a hell of a lot of money. The only point the club has shown is we will sell on our terms especially 6 months after signing a new deal. The club would be stupid to put in release clauses. Imagine had we put in £80 million for the contract signed in January. He'd be off now when the market is absolutely crazy. Who knows how crazy it'll be in a couple of years time.

The release clause should be pegged at 90% of the world record signing at the date that the Clause is exercised, with a further provision that : (I) Advance notice of six months has to be given by the player before the exercise of the clause; (ii) The payment has to made in a lump sum ; (iii) Upon notice given, the clause has to be exercised otherwise it would be forfeit; (iv) Clause does not apply to English clubs; and (v) Clause cannot be exercised mid-season.

That should assuage some of you

Whilst the principle is good we'd still have "only" received £85-ish million for him. Neymar's transfer could be argued it wasn't even a transfer as it was a contract buy out. The next largest transfer at the time was Pogba's £90 million transfer.

We could sell ourselves short having such a clause in the contract. What if we had a player that has an amazing season, wins everything including world player of the year that had a market value of £150 million only to let him go for £85 million.

He doesn't deserve to go straight into the team. We can't play hardball with him and then put him back in, at the expense of someone who's just performed exceptionally well while he's been out. What kind of a message does that send out? What if he starts and he under-performs and we get beat? Does Klopp that attention?

It's better for him too, put him on the bench and then bring him on if needed, and then if he makes a difference he'll go a long way to rebuilding a few bridges. If we play well against City without him, he doesn't even need to come on and we keep the little fucker sweating.

This.

Some players would like to have him straight back but my guess is that there are players who fucking hate what he has done. It could be a bad thing for team morale to play him or even include him in the squad. Coutinho should apologise to Klopp, to the club and publicly to the fans.
But he won´t.

We will probably play another 50 games this season. Him sitting on the bench for the City game doesn't mean he will be frozen out by Klopp. He has yet to start a competitive game this season and the front 3 have clicked brilliantly, even if we hadn't had a summer long transfer saga it's arguable he wouldn't just walk back into the starting XI in those circumstances.
Play him in midfield

So you'd accept the associated "upset the applecart" stories that will go with it? That makes sense.

Yes because as with most stories I would think it's total bollox.

If I'm a player I was him in the team first and foremost.

If we lose not much will be said as City are firm favourites and at home but what an effect will have on the team and Coutinho if he starts and we win

As already noted, apart from by Pat the Manc who seems to think we fluked our three results, we could have lost a game or two due to Coutinho's absence, which was HIS doing, so I don't get where this "lose to prove a point" bollocks is coming from, talk about fucking hypocritical.

When did I ever say we couldn't have dropped points? Of course we could have and it would have been partly because of him if we did.
The fact is we kept him, his fit, arguably our best and most creative player and adds a demension to our attack we don't have when he's not playing.

If he's available he should play, benching him proves fuck all when we want him in the team and is the reason we didn't flog him $100+

Do you think if played 40 odd games this season he's gonna think 'well benching me away to City put me in my place'

Not being sold has put him in his place, not let's use his ability where it matters most, on the pitch.

Yes because as with most stories I would think it's total bollox.

If I'm a player I was him in the team first and foremost.

If we lose not much will be said as City are firm favourites and at home but what an effect will have on the team and Coutinho if he starts and we win

It's nothing to do with what he said, it's because he has barely played.

Klopp very rarely throws a player in the side who may not be match fit, I can't see him doing it this weekend in an ill conceived idea to prove a point.

I'm pretty sure he'll come on at some point, but starting the match? Nah, can't see it, & it'd be a mistake imo.

Apart from all the obvious reasons as to why Coutinho shouldn't start against City, have we forgotten how slow a starter he's been after every prolonged break or injury?

I mean he's always seemed to be in need of at least a few matches to get going.. rather big risk to include him as starter because of that alone.

Did you not see his performance for Brazil?

Did you not see his performance for Brazil?
No I didn't but there have been a gulf in quality between some of his performances for Brazil and whenever he's played for us coming back from injury.

You'd have to ask yourself if we can really afford a player that'll hit about ten wildly flying shots from central away against City, or whether we should persist with the central midfielders who's been part of our very impressive run of late?

No I didn't but there have been a gulf in quality between some of his performances for Brazil and whenever he's played for us coming back from injury.

You'd have to ask yourself if we can really afford a player that'll hit about ten wildly flying shots from central away against City, or whether we should persist with the central midfielders who's been part of our very impressive run of late?

He's always been one of our best against City for me, he's technically better than most our squad and that will be vital away to City IMO.
So ya even with all the risk I'd start him

He's always been one of our best against City for me, he's technically better than most our squad and that will be vital away to City IMO.
So ya even with all the risk I'd start him
Fair enough, will be interesting to see what Klopp decides. I'd just be very surprised if he's a starter is all.. we'll see.

PS If he gets the nod he better be freakin' awesome!!

I'm quite happy with the all action, all tackling midfield we've got at the moment, it looks well balanced so I'd leave him on the bench.

If he's not match fit then obviously he should be on the bench. But if he's fully fit then its a no brainer to start him imo. I can't see Klopp not starting a fully fit coutinho to prove a point.

If he's not match fit then obviously he should be on the bench. But if he's fully fit then its a no brainer to start him imo. I can't see Klopp not starting a fully fit coutinho to prove a point.

It's not to prove a point, what are people on? He's been injured, by his own assessment, he hasn't played so far this season. He's tried to force a move and he's slagged off Klopp. What point is there to prove? Everyone knows he's a cunt, it's the right thing to do.

It's not to prove a point, what are people on? He's been injured, by his own assessment, he hasn't played so far this season. He's tried to force a move and he's slagged off Klopp. What point is there to prove? Everyone knows he's a cunt, it's the right thing to do.
The right thing to do is to play your best team to try and get 3 points IMO. If he's not match fit then bench him, but if he's fit then he starts as far as i'm concerned. But i see your point, i just don't agree with it

When has Klopp ever put a player who has only just become available after an absence (whether due to injury or whatever) straight into the starting line up? Rights, wrongs or otherwise he will most likely be on the bench ... as would have been the case no matter what the reason for his absence.

Fair enough, will be interesting to see what Klopp decides. I'd just be very surprised if he's a starter is all.. we'll see.

PS If he gets the nod he better be freakin' awesome!!

Ah of course I won't be surprised if he doesn't select him but really hope he does and we are arguing on Saturday whether we won because of his inclusion or in spite of it

It's nothing to do with what he said, it's because he has barely played.

Klopp very rarely throws a player in the side who may not be match fit, I can't see him doing it this weekend in an ill conceived idea to prove a point.

I'm pretty sure he'll come on at some point, but starting the match? Nah, can't see it, & it'd be a mistake imo.

I think he's fit enough but can obviously see Klopp not picking him but I'd love him to start.

Guess we'll see on Saturday what the best decision was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom