• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton Away - 1st Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4-2-3-1 looks fine to me.

Else a 3-5-2 of...

-------------------Pepe------------------

------Skrtel-------Carra--------Agger

Kuyt-----------Lucas---------------Enrique
-------Gerrard---------Downing-----------

------------Bellamy-----Suarez-----------

...is fine by me.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47004.msg1407128#msg1407128 date=1317461598]
So if that team is right (& assuming we are playing Reina in goal!):

Reina
Skrtel Carra Agger Enrique
Lucas Gerrard
Bellamy Suarez Downing
Kuyt

That doesn't look too convincing to me, I'm afraid to say.
[/quote]

With the exception of Skrtel, it's about as strong as we have, is it not?

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=47004.msg1407140#msg1407140 date=1317463411]
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47004.msg1407128#msg1407128 date=1317461598]

Reina
Lucas Gerrard
Bellamy Suarez Downing
Kuyt

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well yeah, but I can help but think it doesn't give us anywhere near enough width or pace, & we look weak at the back.

Fuck. Still, we'll beat these cunts today.

True, I was thinking about pace from front to back, but then I suppose I'm discounting Stevie playing the quick ball.

I hope you're right. I'll be amazed should Stevie start though TBH. Happy, but worried as fuck.

If Carroll doesn't play, then we will be playing without a striker, and therefore unlikely to score.

For me, Dirk or Suarez don't count as strikers.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47004.msg1407141#msg1407141 date=1317463584]
[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=47004.msg1407140#msg1407140 date=1317463411]

Reina
Lucas Gerrard
Bellamy Suarez Downing
Kuyt

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well yeah, but I can help but think it doesn't give us anywhere near enough width or pace, & we look weak at the back.

Fuck. Still, we'll beat these cunts today.
[/quote]

Not enough pace ? Bellamy, Gerrard, Downing & Enrique ?!
Not strong enough at the back ? Carra & Agger is probably our current #1 pairing, Enrique at LB is superb and Skrtel is strong (bit not a RB or fast enough) so the only weakness is at RB (solution : play Kelly instead).

EDIT. Just seen your subsequent post (re. pace at the back) - well Agger & Enrique are pacey/very fast respectively but yes, I'd prefer Kelly at RB.

Same team as last week, but with Kuyt coming in for Hendo.

Confirmed by that Djphal lad on RAWK

[quote author=Portly link=topic=47004.msg1407144#msg1407144 date=1317464019]
If Carroll doesn't play, then we will be playing without a striker, and therefore unlikely to score.

For me, Dirk or Suarez don't count as strikers.
[/quote]

Despite the fact that Dirka has an excellent goals to games ratio when started up front and Suarez has .. is it 4 from 5 games to start the season ?

Still think that Carroll will start though as Kenny hinted at yesterday.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=47004.msg1407146#msg1407146 date=1317464128]

[/quote]

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47004.msg1407112#msg1407112 date=1317459892]

I very much doubt that team will feature, gerrard is short of match fitness, agger is short of match fitness and carroll had a very good game last weekend. betcha it's the same team as last week but kuyt instead of henderson.
[/quote]

GASP!! what a surprise!!

Dirk's scoring statistics are fully-deserved because his goals are mostly the result of hard running which has found him in the right place at the right time to stick the ball in. He doesn't have any genuine flair as a striker though. As for Suarez, he has been our star attacker ever since we signed him, but he misses a lot more chances than he scores with. He's not a striker. IMO. :)

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=47004.msg1407146#msg1407146 date=1317464128]

[/quote]Not bad.
Our bench is strong if we need an impact sub or to close out a game

Jordan Henderson was just on Soccer AM - said he was looking forward to the Derby.

Sounds like he will only be looking :)

[quote author=Portly link=topic=47004.msg1407151#msg1407151 date=1317464632]
Dirk's scoring statistics are fully-deserved because his goals are mostly the result of hard running which has found him in the right place at the right time to stick the ball in. He doesn't have any genuine flair as a striker though. As for Suarez, he has been our star attacker ever since we signed him, but he misses a lot more chances than he scores with. He's not a striker. IMO. :)
[/quote]

As you say a lot of Dirka's goals are opportunistic .. and that may be what is needed against Everton. As for Suarez, well a great record in the NL and if he maintains a 0.66 goals per game average that'll put him ahead of Robbie, Rushie and Owen ! Sure he misses his fair share but he makes so many opportunities that's a given. As for Carroll .... he still has it all to prove, so I'd be happy with Kuyt & Suarez up front because our best football has come with this type of line-up rather than the power Carroll provides.

#LFC team: Pepe Kelly Carra Skrtel Enrique Kuyt Lucas Adam Downing Suarez Carroll.

JimBoardman Jim Boardman
Gerrard is on the bench. #LFC

djphal01 Phil

Reina kelly skrtel carra enrique kuyt adam lucas downing suarez carroll Subs Doni flannigan coates stevie speo henderson bellam

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47004.msg1407158#msg1407158 date=1317465591]
1-1 and Suarez to get sent off.
[/quote]

Wouldn't surprise me. Need to keep our fucking cool today. Big time.

Fuck it. Whatever the line up I just hope we give it 110% and thoroughly smash the bitters. An hour to go, arse twitching. Come on reds !

Happy enough with the team. Glad Kenny has finally seen the light and put Kuyt in place of Hendo.

If we've anything about us, we'll beat these not a problem.

Everton team:

Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Coleman, Osman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Cahill, Saha

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=47004.msg1407170#msg1407170 date=1317466735]
Can someone start an official match thread please?

Thanks
[/quote]

Fill your boots mate

[quote author=ILD link=topic=47004.msg1405028#msg1405028 date=1316987815]
Yep, same team with Dirk coming in for Henderson. If Kuyt doesn't start in the derby i'll be fucking livid. He has had some very good games against Everton in the past and is strong competitor and will be up for it. He know's the derby inside out and know's what it feels like to score the winner in it. He also know's how much it means to the locals. Get Kuyt on the right, up front, where ever, just give him the start Kenny. I would like to point out it's not a Henderson Vs Kuyt thing with me. I really want Jordon to succeed and I think he will with time but maybe he/we would benefit from him taking it in from the sidelines next Saturday.

Gerrard can be left on the bench as insurance. His arrival will lift the team as a whole and he should come on for the last half hour to replace the then heavy legged Adam. Bellamy is another weapon in our arsenal to come off the bench in the second half to install fear in the bitters. He'll get in their face and in his short time here he looks to have a nice understanding with Enrique on the over lap. Lucas will have a big game for us too btw and I hope someone does Screech (dirty prick).

Kenny will hardly surprise us and throw Jay in? Saying that I think Adam will start and do okay. One thing that can't be questioned is his attitude and commitment. He really does want to do well here. He may turn like milk and play like an indulgent jerk at times but he's always up for it and won't hide in the derby. However he will give away a million stupid free kicks. Lucas is finally trying to cut that aspect out of his game and has somehow passed the mantle onto Chuck Adam.

Andy has a big chance to win over his critics with a big game. He showed hunger and desire over the weekend and I hope he carries this forward to Sunday. I hope even just once he get's an opportunity to arrive late into the box and attack a header. Suarez will be Suarez, moments of sublime technical ability fused with short tempered outbursts. Yeah he's a cunt at times but he's our cunt. Plus we don't want a team of nice guys. I hope he keeps his head and put's Everton to the sword and allows his feet to do the talking. Perhaps try cut down on the moody gesticulations every few minutes Luis. He'll get his chance to play with Gerrard for the last half an hour and i'm excited to watch that partnership blossom.

I'm not the biggest Skrtel fan in the world but he obviously plays alongside Carra. Skrtel is player who likes to make a tackle when standing up is the better option. He can't help it and it's a risky game. I'm sure we'll see plenty of shirt tugging in the box and for the love of god can someone pick Cahill up for every set piece. How many times has he hurt us with his movement in the box? No Arteta to supply the set pieces but Baines is one of the best in the business from dead ball situations so Adam, Lucas and Skrtel need to ensure they stay on their feet. Baines is a fantastic player but Dirk will slow up his game and give him headaches at the other end also.

I think we'll win. It could be a big moment for us and kick us into gear for our top four push. I know its the Derby so it will obviously be fast and furious but I do hope to see a high tempo from the off. Win the ball high up in dangerous areas and show some testicular fortitude. Can't ask for much more than that.

Who will be the obligatory sending off?
[/quote]

Yep, Lucas was excellent. Gerrard for the tired Adam. Bellamy uses Enrique on the overlap for the first goal. Andy to get it and Rodwell was the obligatory red. Good start to this Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom