• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man United (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I saw was 'expectation' or overconfidence. Just show up and the goals will flow, hence all the speculative shooting instead of creative invention. This later transformed into desperation. Had we just been patient the goal(s) would have come - United were just awful.
Again thats fine if taken in isolation but we constantly struggle to create decent chances against teams playing the defensive low block. We just were exceptionally bad yesterday because I don't think I ever say a worse man utd preformance at anfield in my entire time following football..
I do think if we had scored we would probably have gone on to win by 3 or 4

The first fifteen was the best we've played all year. I was really impressed and then the life just went out the game. The atmosphere sounded shit, which didn't help. Too many were passively waiting for a spark which never came.

I do think that Elliott should have either started or been the first sub off the bench. He's good between the lines and finding space, so I found him being left until the end further frustrating. He was boss against United in the 7-0, too.

As Beamy says above, United played well and executed what ETH wanted. It's disappointing both Klopp and the players couldn't unlock it, but we move on. We should not ignore that our attackers combined have only scored one goal in the last four and Nunez is goalless in ten, so there's is work to be done. But we would have buzzing with this position at the start of the year. Despite our great record at Anfield against United, it will always be an anomoly of a fixture where form goes out the window to an extent. It happens.

I still think the table grossly flatters our league performances and there is plenty of work to be done.

Szoboszlai needs a rest. He's been off it for over a month now and that automatic starter tag is getting questionable.

And when did Jude say no to us..??
We failed to bid for him, instead chosing to spend that money on Mac,Gakop,Graven, and Endo

we saved ourselves the embarrassment of bidding for him when he made it clear he was going to Madrid

Oh jaysus wept..

There was a reason we didn't bid. And it's not the official narrative.

we saved ourselves the embarrassment of bidding for him when he made it clear he was going to Madrid

I seem to remember that he want to sign for us until we showed a lack of intrest in signing him pulling out of the race to sign him
Edit:- and here is the stupid thing about it, The reason that Liverpool gave for puliing out of the deal to sign Bellingham was "There's been no official comment, however it is understood that Liverpool believe paying upwards of £100m on just one player is not the right strategy to rectify the drop off in form they've suffered this season."...
Yet they were willing to pay £100m plus for Caicedo

Last edited:
Caicedo would have been on about one third Bellingham wages.
Dunno what comment Farky was responding to, but Caicedo’s Chelsea salary is not out of the ordinary in terms of annual pay, it is the length and the ensuing obligation that is a factor

Bellingham’s contract is astronomical, even in this world of stupid money

Bellingham would have taken us to another level

I've always liked that football is a team game.

I think we are more limited by our teams lack of understanding on the ball than any one player. That's basically a much less charismatic way of thinking like klopp.

This season was always going to be inconsistent at best, I think our great start got everyone a bit carried away

Performances haven't been good lately but the results are ok. Frustrating though, because we should have battered that shite as well as Chelsea in the opening game (as well as Spurs, obviously)

I've always liked that football is a team game.

I think we are more limited by our teams lack of understanding on the ball than any one player. That's basically a much less charismatic way of thinking like klopp.
Yes there is some truth to that, But there is also some truth that if you have players of quaility that they lift the over all performance of the team. We saw this with Salah,Mane, and Bobby in 2018-2019

Yes there is some truth to that, But there is also some truth that if you have players of quaility that they lift the over all performance of the team. We saw this with Salah,Mane, and Bobby in 2018-2019
That's what made players like Gerrard, Suarez etc special.

Dunno what comment Farky was responding to, but Caicedo’s Chelsea salary is not out of the ordinary in terms of annual pay, it is the length and the ensuing obligation that is a factor

Bellingham’s contract is astronomical, even in this world of stupid money
Real offered Jude Bellingham £345K a week just to get him to sign, remember his dad wanted him to sign for Liverpool as did he, would have taken a lot less
Graven,Endo,Gakop and Mac earn £470k between them

Real offered Jude Bellingham £345K a week just to get him to sign, remember his dad wanted him to sign for Liverpool as did he, would have taken a lot less
Graven,Endo,Gakop and Mac earn £470k between them
I honestly believe that we lost Bellingham the season we lost the CL final and the league. Missing the CL the season after made it even worse.
No way Bellingham joins us in that state when Real are in the mix.

I honestly believe that we lost Bellingham the season we lost the CL final and the league. Missing the CL the season after made it even worse.
This is likely the truth, but what gets me is that we didn't even test the waters

This is likely the truth, but what gets me is that we didn't even test the waters
You know there's agent talks behind the scenes and if the Bellingham camp are saying that it's a waste of time, why bother bidding?
He's not a boyhood fan, it's not his dream to play for LFC.
Being second best playing for Dortmund wasn't enough for him, why risk enduring that again at LFC?

I would be far more minded to believe it was financial. We don’t do contracts like Real Madrid / PSG / City. Six years at his salary is a £72m commitment on top of the transfer fee.

Same happened with Caicedo in a smaller way. Chelsea didn’t offer him a lot more but they offered a much longer term.

I would be far more minded to believe it was financial. We don’t do contracts like Real Madrid / PSG / City. Six years at his salary is a £72m commitment on top of the transfer fee.

Same happened with Caicedo in a smaller way. Chelsea didn’t offer him a lot more but they offered a much longer term.
yeah could definitely be the case.

Klopp would have turned him into a defensive midfielder

Well yes, he would have taught him how to run, as Thiago said.

I just think it's silly to covet a midfielder who we couldn't afford, just because he's scoring a lot for some other team who are quite stable.

We can try to play better football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom