• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man United (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mo was awful today. As legendary as he is, we also have to acknowledge he’s about 80% of what he was (regards all round game) and be prepared to sub him when he’s miles off the pace.

Mo was awful today. As legendary as he is, we also have to acknowledge he’s about 80% of what he was (regards all round game) and be prepared to sub him when he’s miles off the pace.

We aren't prepared to sub him though. We tried ben doak a few times to see whether that could work, and he isn't anywhere near it.

They were ALL doing it. Blasting it into the side netting instead of trying a cutback to find someone.

It was idiotic.

When Gomez, the guy who has never scored for us did the same, I just knew we were never going to score.

Saw that coming a mile away - I’m just relieved we managed to keep a clean sheet.

Snap Ratings :
Alisson : I dunno.. 7 - next to nothing to do, but dealt with everything he needed to.
Trent : 4.5 - defensively fine, went close with one shot, but passing & crossing was awful
Tsimikas : 7 - played well
Konate : 7 - played well
Virgil : 7 - played well
Endo : 7 - played well
Slobbers : 4.5 - pish
Gravy : 5 - didn’t really get into the game
Diaz : 2 - pish
Nunez : 1 - utter pish - loses an extra point for the stupid yellow
Salah : 3 - pish, but very slightly less pish than the other two starting forwards.

Subs
Gakpo : 5 - should have done better with the header, but was ok
Gomez : 5.5 - offered a bit of width and didn’t fuck up
Jones : I dunno… 5 - did he touch the ball
Harvey : 5.5 - not much opportunity but was more prominent than Jones.

Call me old fashioned but playing players in their correct positions is just the best way.

It’s not like the Jose United who parked the bus, they were there to be smashed and we didn’t play well enough to take advantage. Some terrible passing, particularly Szobo and Trent in the first half and some really stupid decisions on shooting from Diaz, Gakpo and Mo
Some poor finishing too - 3 headers (vvD, Konate and Gakpo) should all have done better. xG of 2.35 shows how bad our finsihing was. 34 shots a PL high. FFS

What's with all the shooting while being obviously closed by a defender? Are our players on some Ivan Toney shit for blocked shots?

Saw that coming a mile away - I’m just relieved we managed to keep a clean sheet.

Snap Ratings :
Alisson : I dunno.. 7 - next to nothing to do, but dealt with everything he needed to.
Trent : 4.5 - defensively fine, went close with one shot, but passing & crossing was awful
Salah : 3 - pish, but very slightly less pish than the other two starting forwards.

Subs
Pretty much

Been saying for a while now that our forward line isn’t up to scratch.

Before we started getting injuries, in the thread asking which position you’d pick to buy for in Jan, I said forward.

There were poor performances all over the pitch today but we are lacking up front.

Some poor finishing too - 3 headers (vvD, Konate and Gakpo) should all have done better. xG of 2.35 shows how bad our finsihing was. 34 shots a PL high. FFS

Some of those shots had zero chance of going in. They shouldn’t have been attempted as there was no space to shoot and they just hit a United defender.

It’s easy to rake up a high number of shots if you don’t care about whether you score or not

Untitled.jpg

Nice honest interview from VvD - as always. Decision making poor, should have won, superior in all aspects, only one team trying to win it, forget this now as important games coming up.

I’m starting to think it’s not the defence or midfield we need new signings - we’ve got issues in the forward line that are starting to cause problems - and I’m not talking about Mo - Diaz & Nunez are horribly out of form and inconsistent, Gakpo can’t seem to get going, Jota is injury prone and none of the kids are seemingly ready to step in.

Nice honest interview from VvD - as always. Decision making poor, should have won, superior in all aspects, only one team trying to win it, forget this now as important games coming up.
Keane saying VvD was dissing United. I didn't hear that and Studge standing up strongly for Virgil.

At what point do the Anfield crowd stop cheering "Nunez, Nunez, Nunez" for winning a fcuking throw in?

He's useless. Bring back a 32 year old Mane. He'd still be more useful.

We need better than him. And better than Diaz
At what point do the Anfield crowd stop cheering "Nunez, Nunez, Nunez" for winning a fcuking throw in?

He's useless. Bring back a 32 year old Mane. He'd still be more useful.

We need better than him. And better than Diaz too.

We need a complete overhaul up front.

Snap Ratings :

Subs

I think Endo deserves a 9. He was superb. He broke up play all over the field and his passing was progressive and spot on. When pressed, he got rid of it with a clean pass. He maybe lost possession once.

Too bad no one else, bar Tsimikas, matched his performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom