• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what the Bitters are like. He's worshipped by some, but there's a load more who think he's a try-hard cone arranger who seems to avoid any scrutiny around the quality of his coaching and input because he's got an Everton tattoo which he likes to talk about a lot.

That and the fact that anyone taking the matter up with him is likely to have their lungs hauled out through their nose.

If you mean about the burglaries, yes, and it is "burglaries" plural. The first time there were two of them - one got away but Ferguson "detained" the other till the rozzers arrived. The second time was a bloke on his own who needed hospital treatment once Ferguson had finished with him.

I'm missing the game on Sunday. Gutted as I think we could really do one on them.

I don't think they were every really in danger of relegation - just a blip at the start of the season. However the hyperbole around it means that Sam will again be credited with "survival". This would probably be his easiest job in that regard.

Apparently has a large bonus for not getting relegated in his contract. He's got a one hell of negotiation team to get that in.

I once read that Ferguson told someone he could drink like a chimney.

But obviously could be made up, but I *want* to believe it so its deffo true.

Sammy Lee has described working for Everton as "an honour and a pleasure" after he put aside his Liverpool connections to join the Blues last week.

Lee won three league titles and two European Cups during a 10-year career at Anfield before later working as a coach under Rafa Benitez.

Eyebrows were raised by some supporters when new Everton boss Sam Allardyce named Lee as part of his coaching staff last week , but the former Reds midfielder is delighted to be a part of what he described as a "global football club".

"This is a fantastic football club and people know my history," he said.

JS137892700.jpg

...60 years in show business, darling...blah blah...Jenny Seagrove...blah blah..."On Mother Kelly's doorstep" - all together now!

"People know my affiliation to Liverpool but I’m also affiliated to Liverpool as a city and I think for me to be given the opportunity to work here at Everton, it’s an honour and a pleasure.

"It’s a global football club and nobody needs to be educated [on that] wherever they are.

"People know about Everton Football Club, people know about the history here, people know about the quality here, and you just have to walk around the building [at Finch Farm] to see the plans they have put in here to make sure the future is bright going forward."

Despite his ties with Everton's fierce local rivals, Lee has been heartened by the reception he has been given by supporters upon his arrival on the backroom staff.

He added: "The support for me personally has been excellent and that means a lot.

"I live in this city and to get their words of support and encouragement has been excellent."

Get stuffed you amoral dwarf.

I try to look at this if it were the other way round.

What if a Blues "legend" came to us? Genuinely struggling to think of one that's relevant who'd be in the frame but let's suspend reality for a minute.

The open bile from the other side of the park would be like molten lava from a erupting volcano. Yeah I'm sure some reds will behave like that, but it just feels that the Blues get more wound up about this type of thing than us.

Does that make sense? Feels like I'm taking a moral high ground which isn't my intention. Like with Sammy Lee, he was a great player in a great era for us. He's done next to fuck all since in his managerial, post playing career. So I'm not really bothered about him being there. If he starts showing Evertonian traits like bitterness to all things Red, I might get mildly upset to begin with but I'm sure I'd quickly settle down and chuckle to myself about what he'd become.

Simply I don't care enough about Sammy Lee, because a) he's not going to massively improve them b) I wouldn't have him at Liverpool because he wouldn't be an improvement c) he played for us a long time ago.

But I'm not from the city. Maybe that's part of it too.

Does anyone here really care? Disdain maybe, but genuine, bile spewing hatred?

What if a Blues "legend" came to us? Genuinely struggling to think of one that's relevant who'd be in the frame but let's suspend reality for a minute.

The open bile from the other side of the park would be like molten lava from a erupting volcano. Yeah I'm sure some reds will behave like that, but it just feels that the Blues get more wound up about this type of thing than us.

Does that make sense? Feels like I'm taking a moral high ground which isn't my intention. Like with Sammy Lee, he was a great player in a great era for us. He's done next to fuck all since in his managerial, post playing career. So I'm not really bothered about him being there. If he starts showing Evertonian traits like bitterness to all things Red, I might get mildly upset to begin with but I'm sure I'd quickly settle down and chuckle to myself about what he'd become.

Simply I don't care enough about Sammy Lee, because a) he's not going to massively improve them b) I wouldn't have him at Liverpool because he wouldn't be an improvement c) he played for us a long time ago.

Agree. Sammy isn't that kind of legend that I actually spend energy on this matter.....

Nah they went fucking nuts when we signed Nick Bamby and I was well pissed off when they signed Beardsley.

I don't give a fuck about Sammy Lee for obvious reasons. He's been a coach for beards. The last time I saw him in person was in the Bernabeau after we played Madrid in some friendly, and that was only because he was putting cones out for the lads to warm down and my brother couldn't move me from my seat as I was that shitfaced and we were the last people out.

I dunno. Sammy Lee was here in a coaching capacity and got binned off, so I don’t think he owes us anything.

It would be weird to expect him to turn down Everton because of his Liverpool connections considering we sacked him.

Equally I can understand the Bitters being reluctant to embrace him. He’s forever associated with Liverpool FC, despite his lengthy association with that fat-headed cunt Allardyce

Nah they went fucking nuts when we signed Nick Bamby and I was well pissed off when they signed Beardsley.

We stole their best player. They didn’t steal Beardo, we (stupidly) let him go.

I still really love him though. Seems a really nice bloke

Fat Sam on Silva: Let’s put it this way. If you look at my track record why wouldn’t I be here irrespective of Marco Silva? I have every respect for MS and I’m not criticising MS, but Marco Silva’s track record has got no comparison whatsoever with mine because he got Hull relegated.

Silva's response: 'When he made this comparison it does not make sense. It is the same thing if I compare his work with a national team coach like Gareth Southgate.
'It's like me comparing the goals Richarlison scores in the Premier League to Peter Crouch. Crouch is 37, Richarlison is 20, Crouch has played so many games and Richarlison far less. If you want easy work for you, go to see what he was doing when he was 40 years old or see his first seven seasons as a coach what he was doing. Then look at what I am doing. Or you can wait until I am 63 years old and we can compare what I have done. That is the best solution.'

Fat Sam on Silva: Let’s put it this way. If you look at my track record why wouldn’t I be here irrespective of Marco Silva? I have every respect for MS and I’m not criticising MS, but Marco Silva’s track record has got no comparison whatsoever with mine because he got Hull relegated.

Silva's response: 'When he made this comparison it does not make sense. It is the same thing if I compare his work with a national team coach like Gareth Southgate.
'It's like me comparing the goals Richarlison scores in the Premier League to Peter Crouch. Crouch is 37, Richarlison is 20, Crouch has played so many games and Richarlison far less. If you want easy work for you, go to see what he was doing when he was 40 years old or see his first seven seasons as a coach what he was doing. Then look at what I am doing. Or you can wait until I am 63 years old and we can compare what I have done. That is the best solution.'

Ha! Good on Silva. Put the fat bastard in his place.

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}16/17{/td}
{td}{/td}
{td}Hull City{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}1,17{/td}
{td}18.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
This is Hull's league record after his appointment i January. 6 wins and 3 draws from 18 games. With that point average they would have finished 12th/13th over an entire season...

Marco Silva seems like a very promising, and already very talented manager. I'm made up the Bitters didnt get him in all honesty.
Fat Sam is a step backwards and an odd appointment after Koeman.

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}16/17{/td}
{td}{/td}
{td}Hull City{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}1,17{/td}
{td}18.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
This is Hull's league record after his appointment i January. 6 wins and 3 draws from 18 games. With that point average they would have finished 12th/13th over an entire season...

Marco Silva seems like a very promising, and already very talented manager. I'm made up the Bitters didnt get him in all honesty.
Fat Sam is a step backwards and an odd appointment after Koeman.

I agree about Silva and I'd like to agree about Allardyce, but I'm afraid I don't think that was such a strange appointment. He'll most likely keep them up (though I'd be chuffed to monkeys if they go down together) and steady the ship for a season or two, which is what they need given the dreadful state they're in. Whether he'll leave them ready to progress from there is another question, but they're not worried about that just now - they have more basic concerns to deal with. Koeman should have been their best appointment in a generation, but for whatever reason (which may not have been his fault, who knows) he crashed and burned there, and they have yet another recovery job on their hands before they really start looking to the future.

I'm happy Everton got Fat Sam. Yeah they will never get relegated, but they won't progress either, they will just stay at their level playing prehistoric football. Silva would have improved them a lot more so i didn't want them to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom