• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m forever pessimistic about Everton. I fear one day they might actually get it right and catch up with us on and off the field

Doesn’t matter who the make manager, I always worry

I'm happy Everton got Fat Sam. Yeah they will never get relegated, but they won't progress either, they will just stay at their level playing prehistoric football. Silva would have improved them a lot more so i didn't want them to get him.
I agree with this.

Blimey, he's really going for the 'perception,' as he always likes to call it, already:

Andy Hunter
Tuesday 5 December 2017 22.47 GMTLast modified on Tuesday 5 December 2017 23.14 GMT

Sam Allardyce may miss Everton’s Europa League match at Apollon Limassol to prepare for Sunday’s Merseyside derby at Anfield.

Allardyce has confirmed he will field a makeshift team on Thursday in order to make the Premier League trip to Liverpool the priority. Apollon and Everton, who have recorded the worst performance in the competition by an English team in history, cannot qualify from the group and the visitors are set to field several youngsters in Cyprus.

It has emerged Everton may also have a below strength technical area, with Allardyce set to work with the first-team squad at the Finch Farm training ground. The newly appointed coach Craig Shakespeare will take charge of the Europa League fixture.
Allardyce had only two full days to prepare for his first win as Everton manager – the 2-0 league defeat of Huddersfield Town on Saturday – and wants to spend more time with the senior squad before the visit to Anfield.

i
Blimey, he's really going for the 'perception,' as he always likes to call it, already:

Andy Hunter
Tuesday 5 December 2017 22.47 GMTLast modified on Tuesday 5 December 2017 23.14 GMT

Sam Allardyce may miss Everton’s Europa League match at Apollon Limassol to prepare for Sunday’s Merseyside derby at Anfield.

Allardyce has confirmed he will field a makeshift team on Thursday in order to make the Premier League trip to Liverpool the priority. Apollon and Everton, who have recorded the worst performance in the competition by an English team in history, cannot qualify from the group and the visitors are set to field several youngsters in Cyprus.

It has emerged Everton may also have a below strength technical area, with Allardyce set to work with the first-team squad at the Finch Farm training ground. The newly appointed coach Craig Shakespeare will take charge of the Europa League fixture.
Allardyce had only two full days to prepare for his first win as Everton manager – the 2-0 league defeat of Huddersfield Town on Saturday – and wants to spend more time with the senior squad before the visit to Anfield.

TBH - with my work head on - this is exactly what I'd do. Show the new employer/s that I've got the team, the vision and the capability to be suddesfull

Andy Hunter

This is quite odd. A manager not bothering to attend his second official match in charge because it's a dead rubber and he wants to prepare for the league match? Has that happened before?

Oh God, this Derby is going to be hellish

This is quite odd. A manager not bothering to attend his second official match in charge because it's a dead rubber and he wants to prepare for the league match? Has that happened before?

Oh God, this Derby is going to be hellish

Indeed, I'm less worried about the result than injuries and suspensions. Let's hope we make it hellish for them.

When the line ups are announced.

24312614_1015772411895602_3301728646201125842_n.jpg

Fat Sam being in charge when we batter them will make it so much sweeter. At 4-0 Klopp should do the game over motion. Watch Sam’s head erupt in anger.

For some reason I'm a bit worried about the derby. The Everton fans I know have already said that they'll loose and it just feels a bit like this is the year when they beat us for once.
A red card , Rooney goal etc.

Hopefully I'm wrong, as I usually am about this sort of stuff.

I'm always a touch concerned when the Merseyside derby comes up. We're usually the more talented side these days but everyone knows that counts for zip when these games arrive. Allardyce will get them kicking lumps out of us too. I think we'll scrape a win, but I'm just hoping we don't get too many crocked in the process.

Terrified about this one and compounded by the fact that I'll be listening to a stream while driving around running errands as we are hosting a family event that starts right around the end of the match.

To be honest they Owe their own fans to actually show up and make it a Derby. It has been a while since we saw anything remotely respectful from them for the Derbies. For decades and decades they came up and ran their socks off for 90 mins and never gave us a moment to build our game, but lately it has been more like they have not even bothered to throw them selves into any tackles.

To be honest they Owe their own fans to actually show up and make it a Derby. It has been a while since we saw anything remotely respectful from them for the Derbies. For decades and decades they came up and ran their socks off for 90 mins and never gave us a moment to build our game, but lately it has been more like they have not even bothered to throw them selves into any tackles.

What the actual fuck?

What the actual fuck?

They have won what? 1- 2 victories in the last 25 derbies or so. The last 5-6 ones they have hardly put any effort into it either. They used to put everything into the derbies and the saying was that form didn't matter when it was a derby, but that seem long ago now. They hardly had even a booking in the derbies the last 5 years. They lost what used to be their Derby spirit somewhere along the road. Not sure when it happened, but they are wank in Derbies.

They have won what? 1- 2 victories in the last 25 derbies or so. The last 5-6 ones they have hardly put any effort into it either. They used to put everything into the derbies and the saying was that form didn't matter when it was a derby, but that seem long ago now. They hardly had even a booking in the derbies the last 5 years. They lost what used to be their Derby spirit somewhere along the road. Not sure when it happened, but they are wank in Derbies.

I still can't see why this is an issue for you. You actually want a good "old-fashioned" blood and thunder game played in the correct "derby spirit"? Whatever the fuck that is.

No, I want to beat Everton. Easily. Always.

I still can't see why this is an issue for you. You actually want a good "old-fashioned" blood and thunder game played in the correct "derby spirit"? Whatever the fuck that is.

I want them to show up at least. It is more fun to beat a team trying to win than one that try to avoid defeat.....

I want them to show up at least. It is more fun to beat a team trying to win than one that try to avoid defeat.....
Fuck that.

I want to utterly embarrass them.

Mane scoring three, Salah scoring two before megging the keeper, getting down & his hands & knees & heading it in on the line, Firmino back heeling one in, & Mignolet coming up for a corner & banging in the last one.

Last edited:
Fuck that.

I think want to utterly embarrass them.

Mane scoring three, Salah scoring two before megging the keeper, getting down & his hands & knees & heading it in on the line, Firmino back heeling one in, & Mignolet coming up for a corner & banging in the last one.

Still even funnier if they showed up and believed they would get something from the game mate!!

This ^^^^^^

Always this. Especially the last one.

As for the original post about not throwing into tackles? I present my first exhibit; Barkley on Henderson.

If this goes blood and thunder, then we haven't got the steel or bottle in the necessary areas to contain it or dish it back. So yeah, I couldn't agree more. In fact it's been a long long time since I just sat and read a post and nodded sagely throughout reading it and continued doing so and even brought it up with a mate who couldn't give a fuck and then tried to convince him why he needed to give a fuck.

He's a QPR fan.

Perfect lead up to this game now. And weird warm up for Everton with Big Sam allegedly leaving his first teamers in Liverpool and sending the reserves out in the Europa League. Not ideal at all for them.

I really really really hope we are as clinical as we were today.

I'm amazed they've not had more flak. To send a second string team to a European game is bad enough, but to send a second string management team as well, is really shameless. If a team was up against the wall, well okay, but to come in as new manager, after two wins in succession, and oversee, er, that evacuation, well, how cynical can you get.

I'm amazed they've not had more flak. To send a second string team to a European game is bad enough, but to send a second string management team as well, is really shameless. If a team was up against the wall, well okay, but to come in as new manager and oversee, er, that evacuation, well, how cynical can you get.

I can't quite believe it either. I did read one report claiming Allardyce had a 'medical appointment' so couldn't travel, but almost everyone else is just reporting that he essentially can't be arsed and there's no point, so he's training the first team for the derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom