• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah - Klopp will deal with big Sam's boys - I actually think we will win the derby. Depends if our midfield turn up - have to the realization that they are the problem - the three inconsistent chickens - Can, Hendo, Gini and occasionally Coutinho.

Nah - Klopp will deal with big Sam's boys - I actually think we will win the derby. Depends if our midfield turn up - have to the realization that they are the problem - the three inconsistent chickens - Can, Hendo, Gini and occasionally Coutinho.

It's interesting because Klopp has always insisted that the defence was not the problem. Back from last year he was saying as much. I think people are starting to see our midfield for what they are, good to brilliant at times and spineless to shit most of the other.

Our defence have actually been ok this season bar some individual errors. The midfield however, has gone missing quite alot by contrast.

Worth it if he keeps them up

I don't think they were every really in danger of relegation - just a blip at the start of the season. However the hyperbole around it means that Sam will again be credited with "survival". This would probably be his easiest job in that regard.

Disagree. With an aging defence, a talented but unbalanced midfield and no pace or reliable scoring options in attack, I maintain they were and still are in the relegation mix. The Fat Controller has a good record of pulling teams out of the mire and it was a sensible appointment (more's the pity) but he still has a job to do.

Disagree. With an aging defence, a talented but unbalanced midfield and no pace or reliable scoring options in attack, I maintain they were and still are in the relegation mix. The Fat Controller has a good record of pulling teams out of the mire and it was a sensible appointment (more's the pity) but he still has a job to do.
I'm not so sure. If I was the fat-headed bastard, I'd be walking into this thinking I've got a decent squad, play some conservative shit, get mid table and everyone will think I'm a genius again.
They do have some good players. The keeper looks ok, they have some quality youth and a couple of other good ones.

I would be interested to see a head size comparison of Joe Royle, Unsworth and Fat Sam. On the Macy Gray scale I think all are top 5, some achievement for one club.

I don't think they were every really in danger of relegation - just a blip at the start of the season. However the hyperbole around it means that Sam will again be credited with "survival". This would probably be his easiest job in that regard.

Given their expected goals - 11th in the league - you're probably right. But they have been dire whenever I've watched them. Given that no one else wanted to touch them and that Sam will almost certainly keep them up and then fuck off with a large bonus, it seems a safe and reasonable investment.

Given their expected goals - 11th in the league - you're probably right. But they have been dire whenever I've watched them. Given that no one else wanted to touch them and that Sam will almost certainly keep them up and then fuck off with a large bonus, it seems a safe and reasonable investment.

Silva was interested, for deffo

I'm not so sure. If I was the fat-headed bastard, I'd be walking into this thinking I've got a decent squad, play some conservative shit, get mid table and everyone will think I'm a genius again.
They do have some good players. The keeper looks ok, they have some quality youth and a couple of other good ones.

I would be interested to see a head size comparison of Joe Royle, Unsworth and Fat Sam. On the Macy Gray scale I think all are top 5, some achievement for one club.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that - I said in my post that they have some talented players and that appointing Allardyce was a sensible move. I do disagree though with the view that they haven't been genuine relegation candidates so far this season, and Allardyce has only just arrived so IMO they're not out of the woods yet.

The head size data-set is indeed interesting, especially when you also factor in Koeman's ever-expanding swede.

That said, the general head weirdness isn't just about size. I mean, what the fuck is this?

David-Moyes.jpg

Can someone explain 'expected goals' please?

It's an "advanced" statistic that looks at the positions on the pitch where teams take and concede shots and determines the probability of goals for and against based on those shots.

So teams that have far higher actual goals than expected goals are likely riding a lot of luck or experiencing the sort of form that is unsustainable. Teams with far lower actual goals compared to expected goals probably are either really unlucky or the victim of poor finishing or errors.

Essentially it's a way of telling if the table really is telling the truth or if a team is playing better or worse than their actual results.

So for us, we have the second best expected goals based on the fact we've created a lot of good scoring opportunities that have been wasted in combination with giving up a lot of goals from low probability situations. While I'm not 100% convinced on any one statistic holding all the answers, the above certainly does reflect what I've seen in watching us play this season.

It is a bit sad. Sammy Lee's 58, he's had a great Liverpool career as a player and coach and assistant manager, and now, for the sake of what's probably going to be no more than a few months employment, he's burnt his bridges and will be respected by neither side's supporters. Still, if his judgement is so shit that he looks up to someone like Allardyce, he deserves all the negativity he gets.

DP-knzNWsAApEbN.jpg

Event With Legends@EventWithLegend

Our planned event with Sammy has now been postponed - all tickets will be refunded in due course.

The word "postponed" has rarely seemed so final since that "Stephen Hawking Birthday Hoe-Down" was postponed.

Last edited:
I only posted that pic because I saw some equally made up words on the same template doing the rounds on twitter and whatsapp, with him apparently dissing Liverpool and calling Everton the people's club. Loads of fools were lapping it up so I just posted that back. I've got nothing against him, I considered him dead to Liverpool when I saw him on the sidelines of Bolton, never mind England, never mind Everton.

What I don't get about the thing Woland posted is that is seems to suggest Duncan Ferguson is a convicted 'paedophile' [sic]. Don't the bitters worship Duncan?

What I don't get about the thing Woland posted is that is seems to suggested Duncan Ferguson is a convicted 'paedophile' [sic]. Don't the bitters worship Duncan?

You know what the Bitters are like. He's worshipped by some, but there's a load more who think he's a try-hard cone arranger who seems to avoid any scrutiny around the quality of his coaching and input because he's got an Everton tattoo which he likes to talk about a lot.

You know what the Bitters are like. He's worshipped by some, but there's a load more who think he's a try-hard cone arranger who seems to avoid any scrutiny around the quality of his coaching and input because he's got an Everton tattoo which he likes to talk about a lot.

Ahh, fair play to those bitters, who do have a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom