• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Find us value in the transfer market

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed that news, it's a coup for the Scots if he has.
article-2107550-11F1AAA1000005DC-641_634x446.jpg

Joking aside Kris, do you honestly think he'd consider coming to Anfield?
Honestly, yes, absolutely.

He's looking every bit the Barca type of player but I don't necessarily think he'll end up at Camp Neu. They do have Iniesta, Xavi and the up and coming Thiago for his position why it'll at least take a few more years before he could be definite starter. He could eventually end up in Barcelona but I believe there's equal chance for him going to England when he decides to leave Ajax.

He's already turned City down on several occasions and they've now got attacking minded players aplenty to chose from. Arsenal would suit him quite well but I just can't see Wenger and company land his signature when you've witnessed their ways on the market the past years. He'll be too expensive I believe and Bendtner will advise him not too. :)

Spurs are pretty well settled in the AM area and even though they should come for him I don't think they've got the pulling power. Eriksen has turned down the Chavs several times and especially his dad was well pissed off with the way they handled his trials at Stamford as a youngster.

That leaves us with Manchester United and ourselves.

United are slight favourites here I believe because of their increased demand of a new playmaker as they can't keep re-inventing Scholes. Ferguson has even declared to spend big and having already praised Eriksen on several occasions he's evidently sitting very high on their wish-list.

We have however a few aces up our sleeves I believe.

Not only do we have teammate and Int. captain in Daniel Agger but also former colleague in Suarez, but we also have owners who have not only showed the needed spending power (Carroll) but also the willingness to spend big on young potential world class players. Eriksen will probably go for somewhere around £25M which isn't that much more than what we paid for Henderson or Downing.

Eriksen isn't a football merchant more a football romantic who simply loves the game, and as such I believe Liverpool, because of the clubs great history and great lists of major players over the years, King Kenny Dalglish, YNWA and much more, will have a good chance should he decided to go to England.

In the job I had for most of my working life, SEN was an abbreviation for "special educational needs". Just saying. ;)

Haha.... we are almost all SEN's over here... including me.

Which obviously explains a lot :)

What about the other winger that's been without much game time at Juve, Krasic. Right winger I think looked really good before going to Juve. Not heard a lot of him since.

Milos Krasic is ready to turn his back on Italian football after failing to make an impression at Juventus.

The winger, signed from CSKA Moscow for €15m in the summer of 2010, is heading out of Turin after not featuring in the plans of boss Antonio Conte.

“I don’t think there is a chance that he will stay in Italy,” representative Dejan Joksimovic told TMW on Thursday.

“His time in Italy has come to an end. Now he is ready to go to another country.

The 27-year-old was expected to play a key part in Antonio Conte’s side this term, but the Old Lady won the championship with Krasic contributing just one goal in seven games.

“He wants to leave Juve,” the agent added. “He’s not played enough and that is why his spell in Turin will end.

At the moment there isn’t a specific side set to sign him, but, believe me, there are a lot of clubs interested in him.

“He’s ready to play in any championship with any great project – he’d be happy with that.”

Krasic has been linked with clubs in England, Germany and Russia.

Perhaps you could argue Kris is being.....optimistic to expect to win

Elia didn't play much at Juventus this season and wants out.
He looked good in the world cup for Holland. Winger I think he played when I saw him.

Today Elia told Dutch media he wanted to leave after barely setting foot on the field for Juventus this season.

Director Beppe Marotta told Sky Sport Italia:“It may seem strange, but a year to settle in was important for Elia. Serie A is different to the Bundesliga and he understood it’s another type of approach. Clearly he needs to play consistently and we are happy to help our players when they ask for that, but there won’t be any meetings until after the Coppa Italia Final.”

He was excellent at the start of the season when he played CM with Bryson who is more attack-minded. The problem is that Clough (Derby manager) doesn't seem to know his best CM line-up and messed things up which led to their mid-season slump in form.

Hendrick reminds be a bit of Didi Hamann they way he patrols the midfield and gives simple passes, keeping the play moving and snuffing out nascent opposition attacks. The problem is that they have another young CM James Bailey who plays a similar role.

When Bailey cam back from injury Clough tried to play him, Hendrick and Bryson which didn't work. Also, Hendrick & Bailey doesn't work too well either as the team lacks Bryson's creativity.

Clough has to accept it's Bailey OR Hendrick NOT both.

I think Hendrick will make it to the Premier League one day soon but because he's a DM'er I'd need to watch him a few more times as it's quite a bit harder to spot the potentially great DM'ers than it is to spot the potential AM'ers.

Also on A Derby related point..............It's ridiculous that they continue to waste Jamie Ward's talents by playing him wide left. He's a cracking talent but needs to play up front, ideally with a tall target man.

Wow! What a reply. Thanks for that Pesam.
I'll start looking out for this guy now and he's Irish as well

It's a shoe-in every year normally for me Kris but if Oncy continues in his current rich vein of form you're gonna have serious competition man.
I like Oncy far better when he's blinkered optimistic-like, so fine with me mate :)

Perhaps you could argue Kris is being.....optimistic to expect to win
I am always expecting to win.

But what exactly am I aiming at here? An award? In my defense I really wasn't aware.

*removes dust and cobwebs from the ol throphy cabinet..*

- At last my empty piece of furniture... at last.

Over the years we've picked up many superb players from the lower leagues (Keegan, Clemence, Neal, Toshack, Rob Jones, Joey Jones, Hansen, Lawrenson etc). Just because we haven't done it for at least 15 years and other top teams seem to have stopped too doesn't mean the pool of talent isn't there.

The problem is that the top teams don't tend to sniff around the bottom 2 divisions; they wait until these players are snapped up by Championship teams, then prove themselves at that level, and then they make their move....by which time their value has soared and it becomes a risky investment.

Matt Phillips, who played last night for Blackpool, is a good example. He looked awesome as an 18 year old at Wycombe and Blackpool signed him for £300,000. If Blackpool don't get promoted and we were to try and sign him he'd cost us at least £6m which would be a risk. For a £300,000 investment we could have loaned him out for a season or two and if it didn't work out we'd get most of our money back anyway.

For the record, IMO Phillips will be a Premier League star in the next season or two (with or without Blackpool) and we are crying out for a player like him.

There is plently more talent down there and it's criminally just going to waste.

Kenny if yer reading this give me a shout..........I'll work for expense only!

thanks pesam. I think we need to ask what the purpose behind our transfer policy should be, alternatively, what do we expect from the player? If a club is aiming to use transfer dealings as a means to generate revenue to keep afloat or as a stepping stone for potential talent then I think the approach you advocate is spot on. Liverpool, however, should be using transfer policy to make our team competitors to win titles and the champ league, therefore, players will need a certain profile. The native talent in the lower leagues, for the most part, doesn;t meet that profile. Any potential target who meets such a profile is likely to be overvalued and a massive risk.

Nick Powell is on SKY1 now in the Crewe v Southend game. Watch out also for Bilel Mohsni who is a CB but playing RM in this game.........he's way too good for this level.

Nick Powell is on SKY1 now in the Crewe v Southend game. Watch out also for Bilel Mohsni who is a CB but playing RM in this game.........he's way too good for this level.
With a name like that hes too good for us

Now that Bolton and Blackburn are down, it might be a good time to raid them. Wouldn't be opposed to getting Hoilett, Yakubu as a 3rd/4th choice striker and Chung-Yong Lee. Then go in for Pesam's man Matt Phillips or Mark Noble depending on which team doesn't attain promotion.

Gonna need similar productivity from our new signings:

Stewart Downing, £19million, finishes the season with 35 appearances but 0 goals and 0 assists.

Raiding relegated teams. We need world class talents. From the above mentioned I'd happily take Hoilett because he's free.

Stewart Downing, £19million, finishes the season with 35 appearances but 0 goals and 0 assists.

Worst signing in premier league history.

Going down the same ol' road again I see...
Raiding relegated teams. We need world class talents. From the above mentioned I'd happily take Hoilett because he's free.

Yes because we've already signed a load of players from relegated teams for next season haven't we? Oh? What? What do you mean the transfer window hasn't even opened yet?

Is there anyone on the forum who can defend this signing?

Think Richey was bleating on about his **talents** a few weeks ago.....

"Probably bullshit*

I read today that Hoilett won't be going on a freebie, Reading are willing to offer 5mil in order to secure the signing.

Yes because we've already signed a load of players from relegated teams for next season haven't we? Oh? What? What do you mean the transfer window hasn't even opened yet?

Yeah, it's a bit much slagging off the club for hypothetically buying players before the window has opened.

I doubt even Brendan would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom