• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GAA

Hurling qualifiers should surely go by form.Tipp wont make the same mistake as last year and are sure to take care of Limerick and Kilkenny should get past Waherford but im sure it will be closer than last year.

The football is a lot more competitive Tyrone should beat Kildare but i fancy an upset in the other two games maybe.Limerick are underestimated and after beating Meath last year will fancy their chances again,Cork will also be expected to progress but again I think the underdogs Donegal might be able to sneak this one.The big game of the weekend is on Monday and Kerry surely arent as bad as they look but i still think the dubs will have too much for them, Dublin -1 13/10 in bet 365 is a cracking bet

Suffering Jayzus!

Did we field our u-14's? What the fcuk..?!?!

Ryan will be blind by the end of this thing, with all the jerkin' off he's doing, watching us get destroyed like this.

Kerry were unbelievable in the first half. Dublin once again prove that winning Leinster means fuck all when they come up against top quality. Shame really.

[quote author=Paddy link=topic=33672.msg917169#msg917169 date=1249309111]
Kerry were unbelievable in the first half. Dublin once again prove that winning Leinster means fuck all when they come up against top quality. Shame really.
[/quote]

I don't think that it means fcuk all, Paddy... Just that they're the strongest team in that Province, but there are a few stronger teams out there.

I'd still put us in the top 4 or 5 teams in the country, but unfortunately, as usual, not the top 1 or 2...

[/quote]

Yeah but having seen how Kildare did against Tyrone I thought we'd be in with a shout today.

Unbelievable really, Gilroy will get slated for some of the selections but I'm not sure it mattered all that much. Kerry played with a speed of hand, foot and mind that Dublin simply couldn't keep up with them. It was embarrassingly one sided.

The upside is that at least I won't have to juggle watching GAA and LFC at the end of the summer.

[quote author=Vanbasten84 link=topic=33672.msg914801#msg914801 date=1248943566]
Hurling qualifiers should surely go by form.Tipp wont make the same mistake as last year and are sure to take care of Limerick and Kilkenny should get past Waherford but im sure it will be closer than last year.

The football is a lot more competitive Tyrone should beat Kildare but i fancy an upset in the other two games maybe.Limerick are underestimated and after beating Meath last year will fancy their chances again,Cork will also be expected to progress but again I think the underdogs Donegal might be able to sneak this one.The big game of the weekend is on Monday and Kerry surely arent as bad as they look but i still think the dubs will have too much for them, Dublin -1 13/10 in bet 365 is a cracking bet
[/quote]

i was very wrong

dublin could have done with a run in the qualifiers, meet some better teams aside from Kildare.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=33672.msg917178#msg917178 date=1249309981]
[/quote]

I don't think that it means fcuk all, Paddy... Just that they're the strongest team in that Province, but there are a few stronger teams out there.

I'd still put us in the top 4 or 5 teams in the country, but unfortunately, as usual, not the top 1 or 2...
[/quote]

There's a top two or three, then as we've witnessed over the last few years, there's fucking daylight to you lot and everyone else. Let's not paper over the cracks here, Dublin were fucking destroyed yesterday. Ripped apart from first minute to last by a faster, stronger, more skilful side, and as I predicted - it was coming.

Of course it's not Dublin's fault that they've got to come out of the comfort zone that is Leinster, but there are no really great provinces, so that excuse only wears so thin. Tyrone had to beat a fucking dreadful Antrim side in the Ulster Championship Final. Kerry have played like shite up until August, so the 'we're playing piss-weak teams' excuse only hold so much weight. What have they learned over the last half-dozen years? Fucking nothing. 5 Leinster titles, and absolutely nothing to show for it. Joe Brolly was spot on - sides look at Dublin as their first proper test towards winning a n All-Ireland - it's like they're the first side you have to slightly raise your game for.

Beaten by 22 points last year, 17 this year. Kerry had 13 wides yesterday, fucking 13. That's more than Dublin could even put on the scoreboard.

And yes, Kerry were good - but where was the resistance? Where was the determined strategy to stop them waltzing off the half-back line awithout a hand laid on them? Two years ago in an All-Ireland final Kerry scored 1-3 in the opening 10 minutes, so Tyrone totally changed their style of play. Shut up shop, got themselves back in and went on to win the game. That's the difference - the ability to totally change the course of the game when it wasn't going your way. Dublin were still in the game after 10, 15, 20 minutes yesterday, but they offered nothing towards taking control of the game or stemming the Kerry flow. What was Gilroy thinking persisting with Brian Cullen at centre half-back? The non-full backs not even getting withn touching distance of the Gooch and O'Sullivan? Taking off a fucking corner-forward as your first move? Caffrey-esque type moves. They ended up resorting to typical Dublin tactics - giving up, losing patience and rank indiscipline. They should have had two men sent off, and had Kerry not tried to toy with you for the last half hour by looking for goals everytime they went forward, it could have been 30+ points.

No doubt you'll give all this your continued denial Waddapie, and convince yourself that Dublin were hard done by, or are still one of the best sides in Ireland. But the cold hard facts are there. For the second year in a row, they've been fucking humiliated, not beaten, but annihilated by much superior teams. And for the fifth year in a row they've showed that winning Leinster means fuck all. They're just not in the top echelon of teams in Ireland, not by a long long way.

For 6 years now Dublin have failed in one of the key areas in the game and whats funnier is the fact they continue to ignore it year in year out and blame it on meeting an "unstoppable team"

Dublin cannot mark, they are awful defenders. They give the front 6 so much space its criminal and once they come up against a quality attack they always get dumped out on their asses.

Kerry played some great stuff but Dublin gave them the freedom to pick off scores at will.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33672.msg917434#msg917434 date=1249340125]
[/quote]

[/quote]

There's a top two or three, then as we've witnessed over the last few years, there's fucking daylight to you lot and everyone else. Let's not paper over the cracks here, Dublin were fucking destroyed yesterday. Ripped apart from first minute to last by a faster, stronger, more skilful side, and as I predicted - it was coming.

Of course it's not Dublin's fault that they've got to come out of the comfort zone that is Leinster, but there are no really great provinces, so that excuse only wears so thin. Tyrone had to beat a fucking dreadful Antrim side in the Ulster Championship Final. Kerry have played like shite up until August, so the 'we're playing piss-weak teams' excuse only hold so much weight. What have they learned over the last half-dozen years? Fucking nothing. 5 Leinster titles, and absolutely nothing to show for it. Joe Brolly was spot on - sides look at Dublin as their first proper test towards winning a n All-Ireland - it's like they're the first side you have to slightly raise your game for.

Beaten by 22 points last year, 17 this year. Kerry had 13 wides yesterday, fucking 13. That's more than Dublin could even put on the scoreboard.

And yes, Kerry were good - but where was the resistance? Where was the determined strategy to stop them waltzing off the half-back line awithout a hand laid on them? Two years ago in an All-Ireland final Kerry scored 1-3 in the opening 10 minutes, so Tyrone totally changed their style of play. Shut up shop, got themselves back in and went on to win the game. That's the difference - the ability to totally change the course of the game when it wasn't going your way. Dublin were still in the game after 10, 15, 20 minutes yesterday, but they offered nothing towards taking control of the game or stemming the Kerry flow. What was Gilroy thinking persisting with Brian Cullen at centre half-back? The non-full backs not even getting withn touching distance of the Gooch and O'Sullivan? Taking off a fucking corner-forward as your first move? Caffrey-esque type moves. They ended up resorting to typical Dublin tactics - giving up, losing patience and rank indiscipline. They should have had two men sent off, and had Kerry not tried to toy with you for the last half hour by looking for goals everytime they went forward, it could have been 30+ points.

[size=15pt]No doubt you'll give all this your continued denial Waddapie, and convince yourself that Dublin were hard done by, or are still one of the best sides in Ireland. [/size] But the cold hard facts are there. For the second year in a row, they've been fucking humiliated, not beaten, but annihilated by much superior teams. And for the fifth year in a row they've showed that winning Leinster means fuck all. They're just not in the top echelon of teams in Ireland, not by a long long way.
[/quote]

Go fuck yourself, Ryan.

I'm not going to waste anymore time on you than it takes to write these few lines. Again, you chose to see something that's not there... What a shock! I've never said we were hard done by, nor that we are upper echelon. I've never said anything other than we might, but probably wouldn't, win things, and expressed my hope that we would.

I've said that we're a decent-to-good side, in a similar manner that Arsenal are, without ever really troubling the best teams out there. I never said that winning Leinster meant we're brillaint, did I?

We were battered today, just like last year. I'm not trying to paper over anything, and you well know it... But again, because it's Dublin and you and your ilk hate it so much, you twist what's been said to better suit your argument.

I'm going home tomorrow, and I genuinely can't wait to be amoung people who only care about games their teams play in... It must be a miserable fucking existance to live and die on how well or badly a county you're not even from does.

So, I'll end as I began...

Go fuck yourself.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=33672.msg917473#msg917473 date=1249357036]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[size=15pt]No doubt you'll give all this your continued denial Waddapie, and convince yourself that Dublin were hard done by, or are still one of the best sides in Ireland. [/size] But the cold hard facts are there. For the second year in a row, they've been fucking humiliated, not beaten, but annihilated by much superior teams. And for the fifth year in a row they've showed that winning Leinster means fuck all. They're just not in the top echelon of teams in Ireland, not by a long long way.
[/quote]

Go fuck yourself, Ryan.

I'm not going to waste anymore time on you than it takes to write these few lines. Again, you chose to see something that's not there... What a shock! I've never said we were hard done by, nor that we are upper echelon. I've never said anything other than we might, but probably wouldn't, win things, and expressed my hope that we would.

I've said that we're a decent-to-good side, in a similar manner that Arsenal are, without ever really troubling the best teams out there. I never said that winning Leinster meant we're brillaint, did I?

We were battered today, just like last year. I'm not trying to paper over anything, and you well know it... But again, because it's Dublin and you and your ilk hate it so much, you twist what's been said to better suit your argument.

I'm going home tomorrow, and I genuinely can't wait to be amoung people who only care about games their teams play in... It must be a miserable fucking existance to live and die on how well or badly a county you're not even from does.

Go fuck yourself.
[/quote]

I said absolutely nothing that wasn't 100% true, and nothing for you to get so worked up over.

You'd be best walking around with your head in a bucket of sand whilst you're "at home" cos there'll be plenty of people dishing out far worse when it comes to your beloved Dubs, and we don't want you to get too upset.

Calm down you fool.

The Dubs weren't beat by 22 last year, yesterday was the worst defeat in 30 odd years.

Suprising result thought it would've been close but you have to give Kerry some credit they were unplayable and any team would've struggled to cope with them. The Dubs still are one of the best teams in the country (top 5 anyway) it just shows the difference in quality between Tyrone/Kerry and the rest. As long as Tyrone don't win it i'l be happy.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33672.msg917477#msg917477 date=1249365366]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go fuck yourself, Ryan.

Go fuck yourself.
[/quote]

I said absolutely nothing that wasn't 100% true, and nothing for you to get so worked up over.

You'd be best walking around with your head in a bucket of sand whilst you're "at home" cos there'll be plenty of people dishing out far worse when it comes to your beloved Dubs, and we don't want you to get too upset.

Calm down you fool.
[/quote]

Blow me, you smug cnut.

Well where the fuck to begin.

Once again we bottled it and were shown up on a big day. Kerry were good but they aint that good.

Heading in to the game yesterday as always happens me on occasions like this the doubts begin to set in, the confidence that had been built up after watching Kerry struggle over the past couple of weeks further strengthened by watching Kildare really put it up to Tyrone. The form line is good surely this is the day it all comes right.

But no, negative thoughts are now beginning to creep in. Last years pasting by Tyrone when we were strong favourites, the fact that I have been following the Dubs since 1980 and have yet to witness a victory over Kerry in the Championship, the numerous classic tight games that we invariably lost.

Anyway as I watch the players warm up its noticeable that the Kerry lads are bouncing off one another with serious intent whilst the Dubs are wandering around kicking balls towards the Hill. The game starts and just as I utter those famous words to my brother " we really need a good start against these " that red pox Cooper plants one in the back of the net. Fuck it. The game starts again and Im thinking right next point is vital just to settle the nerves. No chance. We are in disarray two more points for Kerry and thats it. Game set and match. Heads drop all over the place we are being cleaned out.
There is no passion, no great desire to get back in the game. The movement up front is non existent, players are pulling out of challenges that were 60-40 in their favour. Half time comes and we are 17 points to three down. Players stroll dejectedly from the field to a chorus of boos. Most supporters can accept defeat when its a case of lads having given it their all but just coming up a little short but that wasnt the case yesterday. We simply gave up.
Having debated whether to fuck off out of there I setlled on having a smoke and going back in for more punishment. Surely at least the lads would put up some sort of fight for pride alone in the second half. Fight my arse.
Kerry took the piss out of us yesterday and no one even tried to stop them. It was the most galling and embarrassing experience I have had to witness as a Dublin fan. I left with about ten minutes to go unable to take anymore. I was gutted. Whilst back in my local our friendly barman took great joy in taking the piss out of us Dubs and for once there was no comeback. He was right we were a disgrace. Anyway I proceeded to get mouldy drunk, lost my bolloxs in the bookies, came home at God knows what time which of course led to the usual verbal assault from herself when I wobbled through the front door.

Good times.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=33672.msg917568#msg917568 date=1249382305]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go fuck yourself, Ryan.

Go fuck yourself.
[/quote]

Calm down you fool.
[/quote]

Blow me, you smug cnut.

[/quote]

Pfft, I gave you the benefit of the doubt the first time, and meant absolutely nothing by the "at home" comment. You're a paranoid cunt.

Actually, you're a thick, bitter, paranoid cunt at that.

[quote author=Irish_Red link=topic=33672.msg917523#msg917523 date=1249377428]

The Dubs weren't beat by 22 last year, yesterday was the worst defeat in 30 odd years.

Suprising result thought it would've been close but you have to give Kerry some credit they were unplayable and any team would've struggled to cope with them. The Dubs still are one of the best teams in the country (top 5 anyway) it just shows the difference in quality between Tyrone/Kerry and the rest. As long as Tyrone don't win it i'l be happy.
[/quote]

Unplayable me bollocks.

Dublin yet again defending like an un10's team. Marking was nowhere to be seen and Kerry would put up a cricket score every game if teams were as nieve as the Dubs were on Monday.

I would love Tyrone to win as they would show yet again that Kerry are not "unplayable" just that with great organisation and hunger lesser skilled teams can overcome them.

I love watching Tyrone in full swing.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33672.msg918335#msg918335 date=1249426478]
[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=33672.msg917568#msg917568 date=1249382305]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go fuck yourself, Ryan.

Go fuck yourself.
[/quote]

Calm down you fool.
[/quote]

Blow me, you smug cnut.

[/quote]

Pfft, I gave you the benefit of the doubt the first time, and meant absolutely nothing by the "at home" comment. You're a paranoid cunt.

Actually, you're a thick, bitter, paranoid cunt at that.
[/quote]

Bitter? Because I defend myself against your shite? Do one, will ya...

And while we're getting it all off our chests, you're an arrogant, condescending, know-it-all, spiteful little toe-rag, and this site was better when you were gone.

Take care now.

So we've established we both think each other is a 'cunt'. Can we leave it at that now then, and save this dragging on?

[quote author=GOD_23 link=topic=33672.msg913353#msg913353 date=1248777131]
Feckin thread is all football (which being from Kilkenny I'm not a fan of). On the hurling side Waterford were blessed to scrape through in a bad game against mediocre opposition (Joe Canning aside). Kilkenny will absolutely batter them (again) and Tipp should have no problems putting Limerick away, leaving what could be quite a decent final. It's very hard to foresee anything other than a Kilkenny win though.
[/quote]

I was wrong about the battering but Kilkenny never looked like losing and conceeded the worst goal I've seen in a long time. They will step it up in the final. Looking forward to Tipp vs Limerick. I forgot how much I enjoy watching hurling. It's been 3 years or so since I followed it properly.

It was a good match alright but you always though Kilkenny had some left in the tank, Henry Shefflin was pure class you have to give credit to the Cats they are brilliant team and deserve to win 4 in a row but Tipp will put it up to them if they beat Limerick, Should be a good final regardless.

[quote author=Irish_Red link=topic=33672.msg922479#msg922479 date=1249993779]
It was a good match alright but you always though Kilkenny had some left in the tank, Henry Shefflin was pure class you have to give credit to the Cats they are brilliant team and deserve to win 4 in a row but Tipp will put it up to them if they beat Limerick, Should be a good final regardless.
[/quote]

Well Tipp hammered Limerick anyway (missed it because Liverpool were on) and it should be a good final. A journalist made a good point in today's paper saying Kilkenny have conceeded more goals this year than the last years put together, with Tipp being a goal machine at times it could swing it in their favour. Should be a very good game.

Cork beat Tyrone.

Massive win, but the loss of Cavanagh was huge. Cork performed on the day though, which Tyrone didn't.

KK vs Tipp sunday in the All Ireland. Kilkenny will have too much for them and I'm expecting us to pick them off at some stage. Tommy Walsh for MOTM.

Hopefully its a great match can't see there been too much between the teams at the whistle but KK to win by 4.

Hopefully the weather picks up as the pitch will be a shambles if it keeps raining. U2 have made a right bollix of it.

Nice to see the ref intervene to make sure Kilkenny got their four in row

Back
Top Bottom