• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GAA

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33672.msg943640#msg943640 date=1252979657]
SooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo... Kerry or Cork?
[/quote]

You'd have to back Kerry however Cork should give a much better showing this time around.

An All ireland final can get the best of all but those who have been there before.

I think we win it simply as the occasion won't phase them at all while Cork will be a bag of nerves.

Should be a cracking game.

Cork came up short under the pressure of the big one yet again.

Fair play to Kerry. Amazing run they are on.

So what did people think of the Leinster Final? Pretty shocking refereeing. Although the fans reactions to the ref was totally out of order.

Some good games this weekend.
Monaghan Vs Tyrone
Dublin Vs Armagh

Fancy Monaghan and Armagh to pick up wins.

The performance against Meath was shocking. And they are not very good either.
Saying that Armagh are not in great shape either, so it will be close. Remember Monaghan absolutely hammered them, though they were down to 14, we still would have won comfortably.

We conceded 1-13 to Tipperary last weekend. Not a fucking hope of us going anywhere right now Paddy.

Monaghan look quite handy this year though

Yeah we are. Pretty optimistic about Sunday. We were unlucky in 2007, and never really recovered from a bad start. Could have won the final at the end but missed two goal chances. I think the lads realise this is the last chance for a while. Fingers crossed.

Always had a soft spot for Monaghan... Several mates from there, so I hope they win tomorrow.

We did ok today. Probably aren't going any farther, but f$%! it, at least we're still alive.

(Waits for some bellend to tell me that I just said we're brilliant and odds on to win the whole thing now...)

Scrappy game so it was. But that was to be expected with those two meeting this early. Well done Whad.
On the way to the game soon. Hope we can do it!

[quote author=Paddy link=topic=33672.msg1136531#msg1136531 date=1279225291]
So what did people think of the Leinster Final? Pretty shocking refereeing. Although the fans reactions to the ref was totally out of order.

Some good games this weekend.
Monaghan Vs Tyrone
Dublin Vs Armagh

Fancy Monaghan and Armagh to pick up wins.
[/quote]

Yes Paddy the reactions of the fans was out of order, but the referee and the GAA are a total disgrace. Louth were fucking robbed.

C'mon the Dubs.

Despite it being the worst game of football (basketball if you're from Donegal) imaginable. We have finally done it and can look forward to an All Ireland Final.

[quote author=Niall K link=topic=33672.msg1389923#msg1389923 date=1314611078]
I knew the rest of the country would be delighted for us.
[/quote]

Anybody who was still cheering for Donegal at the end of that "performance" is simply blinded.

I watched in a room full of country folk, who started out, as usual, cheering for whoever was playing against us. Then they saw Donegal's tactics. "Rugby league" one of them discribed it as. By the end of the match they were practically all cheering for the Dubs.

Quite bizarre, it was.

I'm sure that normal service will resume in a few weeks.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=33672.msg1391114#msg1391114 date=1314745545]
[/quote]

Anybody who was still cheering for Donegal at the end of that "performance" is simply blinded.

I watched in a room full of country folk, who started out, as usual, cheering for whoever was playing against us. Then they saw Donegal's tactics. "Rugby league" one of them discribed it as. By the end of the match they were practically all cheering for the Dubs.

Quite bizarre, it was.

[/quote]

Yep, you can add me to that list too.

I've watched Donegal the whole way through this year cos McGuiness' showed some good promise last year with them and I thought this year would be their turn, but that was diabolical. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the post-match RTE analysis as I'm sure Spillane and O'Rourke would have savaged them.

It was disgraceful, and an embarassment to Gaelic football. Funny thing is, if they'd convereted even half of their chances from open-play and frees they'd have won at a canter. But fuck 'em. A man down, and they still didn't know how to 'break free'.

Dublin aren't that great to be honest. They've had better sides over the last few years and not go this far. but good luck to them. I can't see them beating Kerry, but you never know.

No, we're quite ordinary at the minute. But there's nobody outstanding out there, and we have a puncher's chance.

Like in the build up to the Tyrone game, I'm hopeful that the performance in the previous match will spur us on to greater things against superior opposition.

I fancy Kerry too, but they're not yer Dad's Kerry by any means. Fingers crossed.

It's a weak All-Ireland this year for sure. Still, 'how you won it' doesn't need to be detailed in the record books.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33672.msg1391120#msg1391120 date=1314748148]
[/quote]

Quite bizarre, it was.

[/quote]

I've watched Donegal the whole way through this year cos McGuiness' showed some good promise last year with them and I thought this year would be their turn, but that was diabolical. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the post-match RTE analysis as I'm sure Spillane and O'Rourke would have savaged them.

It was disgraceful, and an embarassment to Gaelic football. Funny thing is, if they'd convereted even half of their chances from open-play and frees they'd have won at a canter. But fuck 'em. A man down, and they still didn't know how to 'break free'.

Dublin aren't that great to be honest. They've had better sides over the last few years and not go this far. but good luck to them. I can't see them beating Kerry, but you never know.
[/quote]

I wouldn't agree Ryan.

They've had teams over the past couple years which had a greater collection of individual talent on show but as a unit this is by far the most impressive Dublin side I've seen in a long time. They are in great condition,have a well drilled game plan and they work bloody hard to ensure its effective. Also mentally they aren't as fragile as they have been in previous years managing to win two tight games (Donegal & Kildare) this season which in the past they would have bottled.
I don't know if we will be able to keep the Kerry forwards quiet enough to give us a chance in the final but they do offer up chances at the back and hopefully we can take advantage of those when they arise.
Regarding last Sunday I knew I had seen it all when Donegal won two free kicks inside Dublin's half and proceeded to knock them 20 odd yards back into their own half.

The most cynical and negative performance I have ever had the misfortune to witness.

Everyone is against us :
Screen-shot-2011-08-30-at-15.04.40.png

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=33672.msg1391120#msg1391120 date=1314748148]
[/quote]

Quite bizarre, it was.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agree with most of that but to be fair Dublin weren't much better, they had three men marking McFadden in the full forward line and another line of 8 in front of them with the half forawrd line going back to the half back line like they've done all season. They should've pushed up and went man to man, they got lucky with Donegal missing so many frees, Lacey going off injured and the goal chance at the start of the second half which wouldv'e been game over. But saying that i'm glad they won and hopefully the can put it up to Kerry in the final.

Looking forward to the hurling on Sunday should be a cracker and wouldn't be suprised if its in a draw.

Back
Top Bottom