• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Grade Rodgers First Season

Prefix for Poll Threads

Grade Rodgers First Season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for D.

This was meant to be a transitional season and yet despite a couple decent signings in Jan we are ending the season with more questions than when we started.

Why what did he say/do?

Was it:

(A) "I visited SCM yesterday and you, sir, are by far the biggest bellend on it!";
(B) "What's On in Liverpool clearly states this is a tequila bar, NOT a gay bar - kindly remove your hand from my penis";
(C) "Don't you know who I am?"
(D) "Don't you know who you are?"

If we sell Suarez who is going to score our goals next season ?

B- for this season but if Suarez goes then next season we're fucked and we'd better all lower our expectations even further.

Gene - I said B- because I'm looking at it as a 3 year course - he's done a satisfactory job based on the variables I'm seeing. I think he's now ready for his second year, where expectations will be higher and we'll demand a proper push into the top 4 (not just talking). A season like this year next year will probably be a D-/F.

I gave him a B.
Cleared out some high earning deadwood, signed some young talented players and brought through a lot of young acadamy players this season.

It was always going to be a year of transition. Has us playing some good attacking football and we're scoring a lot more goals. Imho progress would be a higher points tally and an improvement on last years 8th place finish.
We're on track for both.

Inconsistency have been the biggest factor in us not challenging for a European place. Its annoying cause the league is a bit shite this year. Rodgers has also been stubborn about picking the team and not learning from his mistakes. He's young though and will hopefully learn.
He gets a lot of credit from the players about his man management, especially our young players.
If he combines this with learning from the experience and mistakes made this season, we could be in for a very good season next year.
Our target is 4th, and since January we've showed top 4 form, which is a sign of progression.

All in all, I'm happy with him and think he's the right man for the job. Next year his "free ride" is over and the stakes higher. A top 4 challenge is a must next year. Nothing else is good enough.

So, now we've got that out the way, Expectations for next year?

I think Marky hit it on the head, CL qualification or to come extremely close to it. That's before the DA expectations get rolled out for 2014-2015.

But seriously, this is Liverpool, playtime is over. Time to start competing again

I think Marky hit it on the head, CL qualification or to come extremely close to it. That's before the DA expectations get rolled out for 2014-2015.

But seriously, this is Liverpool, playtime is over. Time to start competing again
Yup. There or there abouts next season.

Season shouldn't be over on feb

I fully expect to get close to CL qualification next year, if not top 4.

I also fully expect Ross to tell me I'm wrong.

I am more interested in what our points haul will be next season.
Anything less that seventy will be a disappointment for me.
If seventy isn't good enough for Champions league then so be it, I won't be complaining.
It would be a sign of continued improvement in my book.

Yep, 70 points should be the target. 70 gets you 3rd these days, and last season.

Slight points improvement, probably a slight places improvement, still can't beat the shit teams, stopped beating the top teams, attacking has improved, defence has got worse, 50/50 in the transfer market and no trophies. I don't think he's moved us along as much as he should have done. He's also now got to rebuild the back 4 next season so I expect much of the same.

Slight points improvement, probably a slight places improvement, still can't beat the shit teams, stopped beating the top teams, attacking has improved, defence has got worse, 50/50 in the transfer market and no trophies. I don't think he's moved us along as much as he should have done. He's also now got to rebuild the back 4 next season so I expect much of the same.

And get a stand-in for his best striker for the first month or so of the new season.

Question for you lads giving him a B, what exactly would the situation have to be for you to give him a D?

Looking at you @Ossi @studsup @Fabio @LeTallecWiz @Gerry_A_Trick @Binny @jimmy @Mystic @Bradley @Hansern @RedStar

I just didnt want him to put my name in the envelope

In truth he is probably somewhere between a B and a C but the options were pretty narrow. Im encouraged by the fact that we got better as the saeson went on and his January signings indicated he had learned some lessons from our poor summer window which all things considered signals that hes moving in the right direction.

For me his first job was to stop the slide, hes done that, now he has to start building momentum, the bar will be higher next year but for this season I think hes done enough to merit a little patience. Hes never going to be everybodys cup of tea but thats likely to be the case with every manager, maybe Guardiola excepted

Pro's:
He cut the wage bill
He signed some very good young players
Certain players have clearly improved under his tenure
We play better football
He knows how to change the course of a game
We'll have more points than we did last year.
He's not Kenny Dalglish.

Con's:
The defense is worse
Either he, or Ayre, thought it wise to give long-term contracts to players that didn't deserve them.
He's a bit creepy and weird.
We're nowhere near as good without the ball as we should be.

It's B , fucking obviously.
Everyone knows , or should have realised it was a transitionary season, certainly after the complete and utter fuck up of last year, he has got some stuff right and got some stuff wrong but worst of all was a victim of extreme negligence from the top not bringing in a striker in the summer.
He has turned some of our flops into half decent players , he has got a good last season out of Carra, he has Enrique back as a player, the players seem to like him, I think people underestimate his man management skills.
I still think we will finish above the blueshite, and they have apparently had a great season, in fact if a perfectly good goal by Suarez had not been disallowed in injury time against them, things might be a lot different.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think people need to cut him some fucking slack.

Regards

I wanted to vote "C" but felt the description was a bit harsh. So I voted "B" which I don't really mean but it more adequately describes where we're at.
B minus minus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom