• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He’ll Slot right in

Lads the Klopp Bolm busy cycle
Give the guy a chance.

The Bundesliga quality has always been hard to judge, some hits, lots of misses, but Klopp proved a massive hit. Slot might adapt just as well.

The standard of player that Slot will be dealing with will be massively increased moving from Holland to the Prem.

We have a good squad. But maybe a squad that needs a tweak and a change of approach and focus, despite the successes Klopp has brought. Managers can get tunnel vision and avoid tricky decisions despite successes. So a fresh eye could be good.

I don't want him to bring any Feyenoord players in, they won't be good enough. He will need to invigorate the players we have and those the management team chooses to add to the squad.

He can add value by changing what we do. A tweak here or there will pay dividends I think, Trent's role could be a key one. A formation change might engender some reward. Our forwards and their flexibility another one.

I do wonder though why we've gone for him. Are you telling me Slot is a better coach/manager that Emery? Emery is only 53. Maybe we sounded out Emery and it wasn't happening, who knows? Inzaghi is ripping up trees, Mancini is 59 with Prem experience. There were options there.

If he's a new Cruyff, great news. If he's the next Eric Ten Pence, fucks sake. It seems like a risk to me. I'm all over the place with this one.

I think they've gone for someone who plays like Klopp, to get the most out of the team. They likely think it helps build on the past success.

SO, we saw it in 2022-2023. Will we see a "Hangover" in 2024-2025 from the players being so gutted and drained at how close they came but no cigar?

Can they get back up again?

SO, we saw it in 2022-2023. Will we see a "Hangover" in 2024-2025 from the players being so gutted and drained at how close they came but no cigar?

Can they get back up again?
Finishing 7/8 points off the title and having your race run with 5 games to go isn’t the same as what we’ve gone through before.

Back
Top Bottom