• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hendo'n his way out

Status
Not open for further replies.
This does matter.

To lots of people - in different ways and for different reasons.

If you want to divorce Liverpool FC from politics, social responsibility, moral standing… we’ve become the cunts we accuse City & Chelsea of being.

If it doesn’t matter to you, read the room - walk away and find another time to express you opinions.

For me - I’d like the club and the players that represent the club to be better - it should mean more.

I think Hendo has made a mistake that’ll he regret - not financially, but he’s tarnished his reputation.

It’s a shame on many levels - footballing and non-footballing.

I understand it matters because it's people's beliefs we're talking about here, I'm not going to scrutinise every ounce of tabloid/police/government response to every event that's surrounded the club because we'd be here all day going round and round in circles.

What I understand less about is why people feel the moral necessity to remind everyone of the atrocities the Saudi's stand for and abide by and how Hendo has now seemingly accepted this way of life.....when the focus should be on Liverpool and how the club move forward.

The club will still be around carrying on it's day to day work as it's continued to do no matter what's come in between, fans like me can do the same without giving so much attention to all the anger and resentment, I don't agree with it but at the same time this is Hendo's choice....it's his life, his career...he has his say on what he wants to do. I think he's represented the club brilliantly for the duration he was here but once you walk out the club and leave you're no longer a representee of this football club, sure you'll have your place remembered in history for the player you were but after that, no longer LFC's responsibility.

Can just see him in his martyrdom video pleading for forgiveness in his Geordie accent

I find it strange that Hendo is catching all this flack while the club could have taken the moral stance instead.
What's stopping us from going "Liverpool FC does not conduct business with countries who oppress members of the LGBTQI+ community" ?

I find it strange that Hendo is catching all this flack while the club could have taken the moral stance instead.
What's stopping us from going "Liverpool FC does not conduct business with countries who oppress members of the LGBTQI+ community" ?
Because of the £££££££ Modo. You think the club has upstanding morals?

Absolutely nothing. The club holds just as much culpability.

But the fans of Liverpool have to support Liverpool otherwise they're just campaigners.......they don't and probably never have supported Hendo.

Precisely, - but then you will have a situation where Henderson will have the right to take his case to leave to some employment tribunal and most likely win. It's his right if he wants to leave and earn more money, regardless of the other entity involved. People need to accept that there is actually NO version of the Islamic, Christian, Jewish faith that accepts the LGBT community. Where it has been accepted openly - is in secular societies in the west. If any of you were to ask any of your elders in their late 70's and 80's the idea of LGBT would most likely be alien to them.

Because of the £££££££ Modo. You think the club has upstanding morals?
I obviously don't, but at the same time I don't see Hendo as some kind of champion of gay people either.
He put on the rainbow armband and wrote a nice text about discrimination and human rights. Honestly the whole thing felt like a corporate publicity stunt.
Has he taken part in any pride parades for instance?
Actually has anyone of our players done it?

And he still went to Qatar to play in the World cup and now chose to play in Saudi Arabia. Which means that he didn't really care in the end.
I understand people feeling disappointed, but I'm not cause I saw it for what it was, a publicity stunt.

And he still went to Qatar to play in the World cup and now chose to play in Saudi Arabia. Which means that he didn't really care in the end.
I understand people feeling disappointed, but I'm not cause I saw it for what it was, a publicity stunt.
As if any of the England players were going to take a stand and not go

Which is why most people are laughing at the lying cunt.

All money in the quantity of billions is dirty it’s just a matter of how many degrees of separation or length of time you have to cross to see the filth. The problem with this money happens to be particularly current and in your face.

Sshhh, that’s all ok. We need their money now and in the future for Salah, just like we need Qatari oil to power our old people’s home. These things aren’t related. Off to skyscanner to check out Dubai holiday packages now…

Lads, football is a vacuum. Why is anyone expecting anything from anyone involved? They're all fucking horrible
I think the majority know that and don't expect too much, but when someone goes out of their way to stand up for something it stings a little when they turn out to be horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom