• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window (rumours, wishes, exists and formation change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gusto to Chelsea 35m+5m in add ons.

Joke of a club.

It looks silly cos they seem to be interested in or moved for players other clubs were in for, but the players they have brought in this transfer window are all below 23 - Mudryk is the oldest at 22 (sell on value/room for development).

- Silva and Azpilicueta are old/leaving
- Kante's injury woes needs addressing (James, too, to a certain extent)
- Jorginho's contract is expiring (I think Kante's too)
- Ziyech and Pulisic have almost no future at the club
- Exploiting the FFP loophole before changes are implemented
- Time for the players to adapt to the league/country - esp. since top 4 seems out of grasp this season
- Seal the deal before player's valuation increases or before other clubs join in the case - for loan-back purchases like Gusto's case

actually doesn't seem that bad - if the players get integrated properly eventually.

They will be able to bring in substantial transfer fees when they offload players, inc. those from their academy/reserves (Broja, for example, attracted a £30m bid from West Ham in the summer) too.

Last edited:

It looks silly cos they seem to be interested in or moved for players other clubs were in for, but the players they have brought in this transfer window are all below 23 - Mudryk is the oldest at 22 (sell on value/room for development).

- Silva and Azpilicueta are old/leaving
- Kante's injury woes needs addressing (James, too, to a certain extent)
- Jorginho's contract is expiring (I think Kante's too)
- Ziyech and Pulisic have almost no future at the club
- Exploiting the FFP loophole before changes are implemented
- Time for the players to adapt to the league/country - esp. since top 4 seems out of grasp this season
- Seal the deal before player's valuation increases or before other clubs join in the case - for loan-back purchases like Gusto's case

actually doesn't seem that bad - if the players get integrated properly eventually.

They will be able to bring in substantial transfer fees when they offload players, inc. those from their academy/reserves (Broja, for example, attracted a £30m bid from West Ham in the summer) too.

This was my takeaway. Smart purchasing that either they can capitalise on in the future or gets them success.

Potter is clearly out of the loop in some of these signings, and they're throwing shit at the wall seeing what sticks. The only thing that won't stick around is the manager, who will be gone in 18 months, and they'll be a new coach in place, bemoaning an unbalanced squad and requesting his own players. We can praise any spending and investment in football, but I'm not particularly arsed by Chelsea's recent splurge. Some will be brilliant players, but whether it all nits together, and whether Potter can keep morale up and manager the egos is another question.

Of course they'll work it out, eventually anyway, they'll just keep throwing money until they get it right....nothing stopping them doing that.

Barca were in a mess 12 months ago, threw money after money on players like Lewa Kounde Torres Raphinha etc and now look at them, back at the top.

There's different way of splashing the cash though. Chelsea's way (till date) seems much more strategized than Barca or even Man Utd (over the past few years).

I think Chelsea will work it out.
They are basically Brighton, on steroids and cocaine.

Funny but quite true. Newcastle would be the richer version of Brighton (having brought in Dan Ashworth from Brighton last year).

Everton with less cash
OMG - you did not just say that !!! how have we fallen so much.

I heard the other day that Klopp signed his extension on the basis that we would not be recruiting using the old method, he wants to do it the traditional method - you know - no data analysis or any of that stuff that has worked for us in the past.

fuck's sake - would have rather had him than gakpo.
Gakpo isn't the problem, the MF is. we said it last year we needed more MFs and the start of this year. The question we should be asking is why we can't spend more than £40m? Chelsea have spent more in 6 months than Klopp has in 6 years. AFC have spent more in 3 years than Klopp in 6. Man U have spent more than anybody.
We have been to 3 CL finals in 5 years, but cannot afford a loan transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom