• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window (rumours, wishes, exists and formation change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gakpo isn't the problem, the MF is. we said it last year we needed more MFs and the start of this year. The question we should be asking is why we can't spend more than £40m? Chelsea have spent more in 6 months than Klopp has in 6 years. AFC have spent more in 3 years than Klopp in 6. Man U have spent more than anybody.
We have been to 3 CL finals in 5 years, but cannot afford a loan transfer
We’ve spent loads. We just spaffed it all away.

We’ve spent loads. We just spaffed it all away.
We let players walk for free who we bought for £250m+ and if you add Ox, Naby and Bobby, its close to £400m (out the door with for nothing coming in) - Who is that down to? You can't compete sustainably and Wenger and Arse are evidence of that, when your net spend id £40m and you let players walk out for free.
Hendo, Fabs, Thiago and Salah all played their part to make us so close to winning the Quad that they deserved new contracts. How many people were whinging about contract extension for Hendo and Fabs?
It seems this all out pursuit of Bellers has compromised this season.

I'd like the Fans to protest like the Gooner and Mancs fan did, and what came out was the cheque book.

I moaned like fuck with those contracts. You pay someone on future performance not history otherwise we’d give Rush half a million a week.

And piss off with net spend. We paid our £200 million or something on LEFT WING! Bad planning and spending has fucked us up. Not net spend.

I moaned like fuck with those contracts. You pay someone on future performance not history otherwise we’d give Rush half a million a week.

And piss off with net spend. We paid our £200 million or something on LEFT WING! Bad planning and spending has fucked us up. Not net spend.
You would be moaning like a cunt had we got MF and it not worked out asking why didn't get a FW with Diaz, Bobby, and Jota out. Nunez is still bedding in and Salah is going through his annual dry spell till which lasts until March.

I’d rather have a non working midfielder than stocking up on a position where we have several options. It’s not FSG’s fault we’ve lashed good money after bad.

If we are exploring loan deals then what abt a short term deal till the end of the season? :p

Last edited:

It looks silly cos they seem to be interested in or moved for players other clubs were in for, but the players they have brought in this transfer window are all below 23 - Mudryk is the oldest at 22 (sell on value/room for development).

- Silva and Azpilicueta are old/leaving
- Kante's injury woes needs addressing (James, too, to a certain extent)
- Jorginho's contract is expiring (I think Kante's too)
- Ziyech and Pulisic have almost no future at the club
- Exploiting the FFP loophole before changes are implemented
- Time for the players to adapt to the league/country - esp. since top 4 seems out of grasp this season
- Seal the deal before player's valuation increases or before other clubs join in the case - for loan-back purchases like Gusto's case

actually doesn't seem that bad - if the players get integrated properly eventually.

They will be able to bring in substantial transfer fees when they offload players, inc. those from their academy/reserves (Broja, for example, attracted a £30m bid from West Ham in the summer) too.

I think besides title challenge, another reason why Arsenal are pushing for Caicedo may be for similar reason.

Gakpo isn't the problem, the MF is. we said it last year we needed more MFs and the start of this year. The question we should be asking is why we can't spend more than £40m? Chelsea have spent more in 6 months than Klopp has in 6 years. AFC have spent more in 3 years than Klopp in 6. Man U have spent more than anybody.
We have been to 3 CL finals in 5 years, but cannot afford a loan transfer

Uuum did you read my post?
It was about signing a mf instead of gakpo

Its insane that a club like Bournemouth are linked with a player like Zaniolo. Dont know if he has fallen off the top completely or if this is just the perfect example of how much money the PL has over the other leagues:

Bournemouth are discussing a £26.3m move to sign Tottenham target Nicolo Zaniolo of Roma, according to Sky in Italy.

Untitled.jpg

I’d rather have a non working midfielder than stocking up on a position where we have several options. It’s not FSG’s fault we’ve lashed good money after bad.

We have an appropriate number of forwards, considering our injuries and firmino leaving, and not enough midfielders.

Expect more signings from the Brazilian league with the new work permit system + the amount of talent they produce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom