• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keita

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be bothered, but if I could, I'm sure I could find some old posts stating that Gini is a flop and needs to be sold in the summer. I wonder what those guys think of Gini now? We don't need to panic, we are breaking records with this Keita flop. Some of Ginis worst games were as bad as keitas worst games, wasn't called Casper the Ghost for nothing. The difference with Keita is the injuries have disrupted his long term form. Oh well, Klopp ain't gonna sell him, were stuck with him, but I have a good feeling that he'll come good.

Gini still has his flaws, do you think he is consistent? When he's good he's crucial, when we're in full flow. When we are playing shite he's generally one of the worst culprits in offering nothing in the way of taking control and being a decisive player for us. He's largely a work horse and that's fine, no one can get near him when it comes to strength on the ball and turning his way out of trouble, but he's hardly irreplaceable either.

Gini still has his flaws, do you think he is consistent? When he's good he's crucial, when we're in full flow. When we are playing shite he's generally one of the worst culprits in offering nothing in the way of taking control and being a decisive player for us. He's largely a work horse and that's fine, no one can get near him when it comes to strength on the ball and turning his way out of trouble, but he's hardly irreplaceable either.

With an average of one league defeat pr calenderyear I think it is a small sample to brand any player shit.

There's been some discussion recently on our lack of goals from midfield, which has been pretty obvious for a couple of seasons at the very least, since Coutinho left. So I thought I'd check on possible xg based on goals scored so far this season and then extrapolate that into 40 games of 90 mins each (assuming they could just stay fit) for a full season. Roughly what could be a full season in 5 tournaments.

Basing this on actual mins played rather than the entirely useless games played (whether they are 3 mins or 90 mins, in games played both = 1). I haven't included Fabinho as he's mainly a defensive midfielder, Milner because almost all his goals come from penalties or Lallana because he has few mins (and I think zero goals). Anyone else is fringe at the moment.

If you wanted to convert that into 30 x 90 then that is the figure in parentheses (rounded to nearest ½). And note that this is by its nature a very small sample size so figures could fluctuate substantially with a dry run or a few goals over just a few games (e.g. Gini last season) but still when minutes played are taken into consideration it's interesting.

Keita : 3 goals 620 mins = 40x90mins = 17 goals (13)
Ox : 6 goals 1,226 mins = 40x90mins = 17.6 goals (13.5)
Hendo : 3 goals 2,000 mins = 40x90mins = 5.4 goals (4)
Gini : 4 goals 2,687 mins = 40x90mins = 5.3 goals (4)

Of course it might mean nothing at all and of course some players (Hendo for example) have been employed in more defensive positions too. In fact I think only Ox. has been considered solely as an attacking midfielder.

Last edited:
Yeah, the main one is Keita's x(M) of 3600 is way to high

His expected minutes should be nearer 1000. Bringing his goals down to from 14 to 4.

3 of them come against Coventry in the league cup.

Well that's the main one.

It's nearly as brilliant as the previous Divock Origi averages a goal a game hypothesis which was true if you only counted games he scored in.

The post started by claiming to look at xG but then didn't actually use it.
If you look at his actual xG he should have more assists and goals based on the opportunities he has had already:

https://understat.com/player/5247

How you could extrapolate anything out to 17 goals a season with a straight face is amazing, especially when he's got a total of exactly 17 league goals in his last four seasons.

Can anyone compare the amount of errors in Froggy's hypothesis with his expected errors per post ?
Hmm Xe-pp. Even I couldn't work that out. Where's Dantes when you need him.

Or the quantity, expressed as Xnj, of conspiracy or nutjob theories Rosco will expound per page of the General Chat Forum ?

The post started by claiming to look at xG but then didn't actually use it.
If you look at his actual xG he should have more assists and goals based on the opportunities he has had already:

https://understat.com/player/5247

How you could extrapolate anything out to 17 goals a season with a straight face is amazing, especially when he's got a total of exactly 17 league goals in his last four seasons.
Considering all the weird and wonderful conspiracy theories you agree with or expound this is entirely viable. In fact, on that basis, this is a totally concrete hypothesis.

I read somewhere that he has yet to loose a game in Liverpool shirt.
I still want Keita to succeed, but thats a daft stat.

In the time he has been here Liverpool have lost 2 matches in total;so there are probably a host of players who can say Liverpool haven't lost with them in the side in the last 2 years, and its got very little to do with them either

In the time he has been here Liverpool have lost 2 matches in total;so there are probably a host of players who can say Liverpool haven't lost with them in the side in the last 2 years, and its got very little to do with them either

Lovren cannot make that claim.

Considering all the weird and wonderful conspiracy theories you agree with or expound this is entirely viable. In fact, on that basis, this is a totally concrete hypothesis.

I wonder what you'd say when the Chinese aren't monitoring you

It is a valid stat. As it seem like people are looking for any scapegoat to hang any loss on.

We had it with Hendo. We have it Keita, who's one real poor performance is used to highlight how shit and waste of space he is. We had people going bananas over Moreno and Lallana, two players hardly ever playing. We even had people having a go at Lovren for us loosing in the weekend. That is daft. Fucking daft.

Yeah. Liverpool have lost 2 games while Keita have been here. He really must stink that guy.

Games with Naby : Won 24 Draw 2 Loss 4
Games without Naby: Won 48 Draw 10 Loss 7

So we're probably slightly better in games he plays but that's probably explained by the fact that he tends not to play in difficult games when we have other players fit.

It is a valid stat. As it seem like people are looking for any scapegoat to hang any loss on.

We had it with Hendo. We have it Keita, who's one real poor performance is used to highlight how shit and waste of space he is. We had people going bananas over Moreno and Lallana, two players hardly ever playing. We even had people having a go at Lovren for us loosing in the weekend. That is daft. Fucking daft.

Yeah. Liverpool have lost 2 games while Keita have been here. He really must stink that guy.

It's a fucking retarded stat

I've got 100% winning streak going at anfield the past 2 seasons

Granted, I've only been to one game this year, and maybe 3 last season, but the stats don't lie ; I'm intrinsic to this team

I would like to make the bold assertion that keita contributed fuck all in 95% of his non-losing streak

I've got 100% winning streak going at anfield the past 2 seasons

Granted, I've only been to one game this year, and maybe 3 last season, but the stats don't lie ; I'm intrinsic to this team

I've got 100% record over a lifetime. You lot should be paying for me to attend all remaining matches.

I went to two matches last season. In one of them we overturned a 3-0 deficit against the "best team in the world" and in the other we lifted big ears in the Spanish capital.

I'm way better than Keita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom