• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Konoplyanka (a tiny bit NSFW, sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bit is a little unprofessional, on both sides if true :

Rumours quickly circulated that Dnipro president Igor Kolomoisky caused the deal to breakdown by refusing to sign the relevent paperwork, but Rusol has placed the blame at Liverpool's door.
"Igor Kolomoisky gave the go-ahead immediately," he added. "It is not our fault, Liverpool representatives could have arrived a day or two earlier.
"The president could not keep the midfielder, because the contract spelled out the specific release clause.The British club just did not have time to finish the deal. Our club could not sign the transfer documents until we received the money in the account.
"Up to the deadline we were waiting for the transfer of money from Liverpool. But this did not happen."

There is no reason as far as I know that a contract could not be signed and funds transferred within (for example) 48 hours with penalty clauses for any delays. And why would any club transfer the money BEFORE a binding contract was signed (into escrow of course but that is not made clear) ?!

Apparently the money was signed with two hours to go. The deal was agreed, the president just refused to sign the player over.

The good news is, if we dont make the champions league places, we can blame a Ukrainian club president!

Or our continued failure to strengthen our first team in the last two transfer windows

Apparently the money was signed with two hours to go. The deal was agreed, the president just refused to sign the player over.

Actually that is just one rumour / version. Who from the club has said it was ready with '2 hours to go' ? Have I missed something ? Do you have quotes ?

Actually that is just one rumour / version. Who from the club has said it was ready with '2 hours to go' ? Have I missed something ? Do you have quotes ?

If you want evidence of what really happened you could always Google round the internet yourself but Konoplyanka has said that the "Dnipro president had the last word"

If you want evidence of what really happened you could always Google round the internet yourself but Konoplyanka has said that the "Dnipro president had the last word"

I see. You are taking rumours and newspaper articles without quotes as fact of what LFC actually did. I understand now.

I see. You are taking rumours and newspaper articles without quotes as fact of what LFC actually did. I understand now.

No, I said "apparently" as no one knows the facts. Exactly, the same approach as you did. Do carry on acting like an arse though.

No, I said "apparently" as no one knows the facts. Exactly, the same approach as you did. Do carry on acting like an arse though.

You did indeed. Apologies. Not the same as my approach though because my comment was based on the lack of evidence, not apparent evidence !

:) The recent reported comments from Konoplyanka just make me think it was the Dnipro president that pulled the plug that's all. It's all fruitless debate anyway. We didn't strengthen the team. Again. That's all that matters which is a bloody shame given where we're sitting in the table

Our club could not sign the transfer documents until we received the money in the account.
"Up to the deadline we were waiting for the transfer of money from Liverpool. But this did not happen."

I'm pretty sure if I was conducting a multi-million pound deal with someone in the Ukraine, I'd want everything signed before I transferred any money.

I'm pretty sure if I was conducting a multi-million pound deal with someone in the Ukraine, I'd want everything signed before I transferred any money.

Doesn't money , when involved in big deals, sometimes get place in some form of holding account ?

Yep. Exact;y what I said above.

There is no reason as far as I know that a contract could not be signed and funds transferred within (for example) 48 hours with penalty clauses for any delays. And why would any club transfer the money BEFORE a binding contract was signed (into escrow of course but that is not made clear) ?!

Don't know if it's normal practice but I'd have thought it was sensible for the buying club to ensure that happened anyway. I certainly think Dnipro were within their rights to demand it, if that's what really happened.

Really??

I would never authorise payment on any business contract until the t's & c's have been agreed and signed. I don't think I've ever even seen a contract that stipulated payment prior to signing.

Escrow accounts are all well and good when there are multiple parties involved or there is an extended period of time during which the terms of the contract can be satisfied or investigated. So far as I'm aware this was just two parties so the transaction should be quite simple: conditions met, payment made.

The players contract is a separate transaction.

He refused to sign the Transfer. This doesn't mean the Contract wasn't signed.

You can agree in the contract that the transfer will only be executed if the money is received by a certain date. You can either hold the money in escrow, or sign the transfer and hold the document in escrow. Either way, if the money doesn't come in the deal is off.

And yes, it was wise of them to do it and I think it happens quite often.

Otherwise they might be stuck chasing us for payment and be Kono-less. I think we were in that situation with Roma for the John Arne Riise transfer.

I'm curious - what is it about a thread that stimulates the need in others to demand the thread be locked?

Is there a fear thing? Do they have a phobia about lengthy threads or multiple pages? Is it a superstition - a player will never sign for us while a different transfer thread remains open?

What is it - other than some unresolved childhood issues?

Sent from my HTC One XL

The irony of it is if they said nothing it would lock more quickly.

Threads auto lock after 2 weeks of inactivity

I'm curious - what is it about a thread that stimulates the need in others to demand the thread be locked?

Is there a fear thing? Do they have a phobia about lengthy threads or multiple pages? Is it a superstition - a player will never sign for us while a different transfer thread remains open?

What is it - other than some unresolved childhood issues?

Sent from my HTC One XL
Yeah you're right Wiz.
After 37 pages of speculation, a continuation of that discussion is exactly what this forum needs.
If I really have to explain to you why locking a 37 page thread about a dead topic can be a useful and proactive thing to do to encourage constructive discussion then I suggest you go talk to your mother about your childhood issues.
After I've finished banging her.

Yeah you're right Wiz.
After 37 pages of speculation, a continuation of that discussion is exactly what this forum needs.
If I really have to explain to you why locking a 37 page thread about a dead topic can be a useful and proactive thing to do to encourage constructive discussion then I suggest you go talk to your mother about your childhood issues.
After I've finished banging her.

If only you could demonstrate some semblance of cognitive ability rather than relying on mindless clichés and desperate grasping of superstition I might point out the oxy-moronic aspects of a "dead topic which continues to stimulate discussion". Besides, as I hear it, you and your in-bred family need to spend more time on your penile dysfunction rather than being hopelessly overmatched on an internet forum.

If only you could demonstrate some semblance of cognitive ability rather than relying on mindless clichés and desperate grasping of superstition I might point out the oxy-moronic aspects of a "dead topic which continues to stimulate discussion". Besides, as I hear it, you and your in-bred family need to spend more time on your penile dysfunction rather than being hopelessly overmatched on an internet forum.
I honestly have no idea what you're blathering on about.
The only thing you're over-matching me at is talking utter shite and totally misquoting me.
Oh that and showing everyone what a total fucking cunt you are.
Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom