• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Konoplyanka (a tiny bit NSFW, sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a fool then.
Why?

Ibe would want to impress and break into the side. He's direct and strong.

Eugene... New league and playing with team mates who looked like they couldn't be arsed.

That one player (who most of us know fuck all about), wouldn't have improved Suarez wastefulness, or bring Sturridge more in the game.

This is the bit that annoys me.

1 player isn't going to make us look like we give a shit.

That one player would have given us a treat down the left. And that player is a fully fledge international, Ibe has played in league 1. Point is, we looked toothless in attack, we needed to change it up at the end, and our only option was Moses...

We had sturridge/Suarez down the left.

We either sub one of them or move them to a more unfamiliar position.

Or we sub sterling who was our best player.

Who would you have subbed and moved about to get Eugene in?

Either way our bench is a disgrace.
We needed a spark today and neither Moses or Alberto would have provided that.

We had sturridge/Suarez down the left.

We either sub one of them or move them to a more unfamiliar position.

Or we sub sterling who was our best player.

Who would you have subbed and moved about to get Eugene in?

I'd have subbed Sturridge or Suarez who had been lacklustre up until that point. Maybe bought him on instead of Allen and move Suarez into number ten.

I just don't buy a winger would have turned our whole team around. We were so lacklustre.

We needed someone down the middle to get his foot on the ball and make shit happen.

Gerrard circa 6 years ago.

Short of Cristiano Ronaldo, I couldn't see a winger making the most impact.

Especially one who'd have to help Cissokho a lot

I would rather have brought on Ibe than Eugene

875420-mr_krabs_1_.jpg

I do think the point folks is that this is our best chance at a CL spot in 4 years and the owners are not backing not as they should.

Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool could move again for Yevhen Konoplyanka in the summer, but admits he's not focused on that right now.

I do think the point folks is that this is our best chance at a CL spot in 4 years and the owners are not backing not as they should.

Why aren't they? We spent big in the Summer again and were ready to pay £15m for this lad. It's all about perspective though, people need to stop thinking we can always compete with big billionaire led clubs. We spend well enough to compete but we're not a bottomless pit. Coughing up £15m in the January window is more than most clubs do.

Why aren't they? We spent big in the Summer again and were ready to pay £15m for this lad. It's all about perspective though, people need to stop thinking we can always compete with big billionaire led clubs. We spend well enough to compete but we're not a bottomless pit. Coughing up £15m in the January window is more than most clubs do.

I was in with your viewpoint Mark, but honestly, we should have strengthened in this window. I'm not talking about competing with the big clubs, just improving obvious deficiencies.

Dnipro 'a thousand per cent sure' Yevhen Konoplyanka WILL join Liverpool in the summer

DNIPRO executive director Andriy Rusol says he is "a thousand per cent sure" Liverpool will return for Yevhen Konoplyanka in the summer and has admitted the Ukrainian club will let the player leave.

By: Ben Jefferson
Published: Tue, February 4, 2014
0Comments
konoplyanka-457911.jpg
Yevhen Konoplyanka's Liverpool move could happen in the summer [GETTY]
Liverpool failed with a late bid to sign Konoplyanka but were unable to push through the move, with disagreement over how the fee would be paid thought to be the stumbling block.
However, Rusol has claimed that money itself was not the problem but rather the lateness of Liverpool's bid that scuppered the deal.
Rusol is certain though that Liverpool will return for Konoplyanka at the end of the season, and claims that Dnipro will be more than willing to do business at that time.
He said: "I am a thousand percent sure that Liverpool will try again in the summer and then we'll let him go.
"Money was not the problem, the problem was that Liverpool came too late.

This bit is a little unprofessional, on both sides if true :

Rumours quickly circulated that Dnipro president Igor Kolomoisky caused the deal to breakdown by refusing to sign the relevent paperwork, but Rusol has placed the blame at Liverpool's door.
"Igor Kolomoisky gave the go-ahead immediately," he added. "It is not our fault, Liverpool representatives could have arrived a day or two earlier.
"The president could not keep the midfielder, because the contract spelled out the specific release clause.The British club just did not have time to finish the deal. Our club could not sign the transfer documents until we received the money in the account.
"Up to the deadline we were waiting for the transfer of money from Liverpool. But this did not happen."

There is no reason as far as I know that a contract could not be signed and funds transferred within (for example) 48 hours with penalty clauses for any delays. And why would any club transfer the money BEFORE a binding contract was signed (into escrow of course but that is not made clear) ?!

Well who do you trust ? Some dodgy Liverpool director or some dodgy Ukrainian club president ?

How long does it take to get to the Ukraine on a Harley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom